[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (6 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Zambrota, I know what you mean, but I havent been clear on mine...

Fact or Ficitions, Juventus is known throughout the world as a team of cheats, rightly or wrongly I am not debating that. So, tell me how would you tell...

Put yourself in the position of a Roma player...

This season has been very disappointing
The fact that our former coach betrayed us, and went to one of our bitter rivals.
That we were beaten in the first game
The bad feelings that still existed, due to things said in the media...
the worry that we'll not make in into Europe...that all the hard work would be for nothing, and that the biggest chance of getting revenge and into Europe was going to be stolen by a referee...

Now with that in there mindset how would you react?
It got stolen by the referee because they made such an idea get the best of them...true that there were bad calls against roma...but also there were bad calls against Juve....y didnt all the hitting and punching to juve players get the best of them? i am pretty sure that all of juve players couldve retaliated, but they didnt, they kept their cool and brought the match home.

And besides you could see all the tension in Roma players even before the match started! I guess that Del Neri just failed to prepare Totti and friends for the match psychologically and mentally...thats y you lost the match not because of the REF!

Sep 28, 2002
I think we could of won it, but refereeing decisions change the mood of our players, and some of our players seemed more intent on revenge then on playing the game after the first half, they were about revenge the wrong way, I think had the ref of been fair at the start of the game, the second half would of been different, even after going 2-1 down. I dont believe we deserved to lose...
you deserved to be banned.

Sep 28, 2002
Wow, 5 years with a coach, or worshipping your hero and idol for your whole life...?
childhood hero? i highly doubt it. remember, he was several million dollars away from joining juve. had he joined us you would be able to keep tottina now.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Negative Creep ] ++

No she means they do. A fake ID is worthless in the UK. We are not a nation that can be bought and sold for a couple of bucks to a cop.
not really sure about that...corruption could be found in every country

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Here in cologne, its dead easy to do anything you want. They dont check for ID most places, and if they do, they dont really give a **** if its fake or not.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Of course not, it was in 2002 and I only spent one day each time. My visits there were just for tourism, I love the Dom cathedral

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Totti Warns Cassano: Forget About Juve
3/8/2005 1:48:00 PM
The Roma captain advised the young forward not to join the rivals.
Antonio Cassano’s future with the Giallorossi looks highly unlikely as the Roma club do not have the financial strength to hold on to the player. For this reason, Real Madrid and Juventus have expressed their interest in acquiring the Italian starlet next summer.

However, Francesco Totti does not want to see Cassano wearing the shirt of Juventus and warned the former Bari forward to forget about the ‘Old Lady’.

“Let me offer him an advice. Forget Capello and Juventus.”

Saturday night’s tension-packed game at the Olimpico has further increased the hate between the two clubs, as Totti tried to explain why Roma were allegedly mistreated by the referee throughout the entire match.

“Maybe because Milan had won in the afternoon,” concluded the Roma captain.

Forza Il Captiano!! Now, if you childhood hero, friend and idol, told you not to join a club would you?
Yes Yes! Forget about Juve. Go to Santiago and start a revolution there!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Bitter Totti tears into Juve Tuesday 8 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has launched a bitter tirade at Juve, Fabio Capello, referees, the ‘powers that be’ and Alessandro Del Piero.

The fall-out from Roma’s controversial 2-1 defeat to Juventus on Saturday night shows no signs of abating as the captain took the opportunity of today’s press conference to stir up more debate.

“The truth is that it’s difficult to win when it’s 11 men against 14,” said Totti. “If football carries on like this then your desire to play the game will just fall away. By the end of it only two or three clubs will bother carrying on.”

The Giallorossi had won the Scudetto with Capello at the helm in 2001, but that was an unusual blot on the landscape.

“In 10 years only Roma and Lazio have broken the stranglehold over the title. As for the rest, it was all Juve and Milan, taking it in turns. I don’t care if I get fined for saying this, as I am just speaking the truth.”

The fiery encounter at the Stadio Olimpico also saw Leandro Cufre caught on camera striking Del Piero on the chin after an altercation in the penalty area. So far, the Disciplinary Commission has not called for video evidence to be used and Totti gives an interesting take on the whole incident.

“Cufre was not crazy and if you watch the footage again then you’ll see that before he hit Del Piero, the Juve man punched him in the stomach,” continued the Roma star. “I don’t want to say Cufre was right to do it, but these things happen in a tense game and Del Piero was not an innocent bystander to be praised for his fair play. The media talks about what it wants to, regardless of the evidence.”

The Argentine defender also spoke up about the incident after he was vilified in the Italian Press for lashing out.

“Del Piero kicked me from behind and then he punched me in the stomach before I retaliated,” said Cufre. “How can Juve boast of fair play when their team has given away more free kicks than anyone else and then come to Rome to steal points?”

At the end of the 90 minutes there were over 63 free kicks awarded – more than any other Serie A game so far this season – but referee Racalbuto was blasted for handing Juventus a penalty for a foul that was outside the area.

“The referee made the biggest mistake right from the start, as he changed the face of the game,” insisted Totti. “Juve committed at least 30 fouls early on, and if he had started waving yellow cards around then the situation would not have gotten out of hand.”

However, Totti also reserved his barbed comments for teammate Antonio Cassano, who gave a television interview before the match praising Capello and confessing that he was re-evaluating his contract negotiations with Roma.

“We all know Antonio and that his timing isn’t great,” noted his friend. “It was rather hurtful to hear some of the things he said, but he made that choice. I’d advise Cassano to leave Capello and Juventus well alone. As for my own future, the club knows what my terms are and I don’t want to leave.”

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)