[IT] Serie A 2004/05 (18 Viewers)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Bitter Totti tears into Juve Tuesday 8 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has launched a bitter tirade at Juve, Fabio Capello, referees, the ‘powers that be’ and Alessandro Del Piero.

The fall-out from Roma’s controversial 2-1 defeat to Juventus on Saturday night shows no signs of abating as the captain took the opportunity of today’s press conference to stir up more debate.

“The truth is that it’s difficult to win when it’s 11 men against 14,” said Totti. “If football carries on like this then your desire to play the game will just fall away. By the end of it only two or three clubs will bother carrying on.”

The Giallorossi had won the Scudetto with Capello at the helm in 2001, but that was an unusual blot on the landscape.

“In 10 years only Roma and Lazio have broken the stranglehold over the title. As for the rest, it was all Juve and Milan, taking it in turns. I don’t care if I get fined for saying this, as I am just speaking the truth.”

The fiery encounter at the Stadio Olimpico also saw Leandro Cufre caught on camera striking Del Piero on the chin after an altercation in the penalty area. So far, the Disciplinary Commission has not called for video evidence to be used and Totti gives an interesting take on the whole incident.

“Cufre was not crazy and if you watch the footage again then you’ll see that before he hit Del Piero, the Juve man punched him in the stomach,” continued the Roma star. “I don’t want to say Cufre was right to do it, but these things happen in a tense game and Del Piero was not an innocent bystander to be praised for his fair play. The media talks about what it wants to, regardless of the evidence.”

The Argentine defender also spoke up about the incident after he was vilified in the Italian Press for lashing out.

“Del Piero kicked me from behind and then he punched me in the stomach before I retaliated,” said Cufre. “How can Juve boast of fair play when their team has given away more free kicks than anyone else and then come to Rome to steal points?”

At the end of the 90 minutes there were over 63 free kicks awarded – more than any other Serie A game so far this season – but referee Racalbuto was blasted for handing Juventus a penalty for a foul that was outside the area.

“The referee made the biggest mistake right from the start, as he changed the face of the game,” insisted Totti. “Juve committed at least 30 fouls early on, and if he had started waving yellow cards around then the situation would not have gotten out of hand.”

However, Totti also reserved his barbed comments for teammate Antonio Cassano, who gave a television interview before the match praising Capello and confessing that he was re-evaluating his contract negotiations with Roma.

“We all know Antonio and that his timing isn’t great,” noted his friend. “It was rather hurtful to hear some of the things he said, but he made that choice. I’d advise Cassano to leave Capello and Juventus well alone. As for my own future, the club knows what my terms are and I don’t want to leave.”
Finally, Forza Totti, about time someone actually talked about it! I was disappointed that Del Neri didnt say anything, who cares if we get a fine, screw the FAI and UEFA! Totti is a legend!

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Bitter Totti tears into Juve Tuesday 8 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has launched a bitter tirade at Juve, Fabio Capello, referees, the ‘powers that be’ and Alessandro Del Piero.

The fall-out from Roma’s controversial 2-1 defeat to Juventus on Saturday night shows no signs of abating as the captain took the opportunity of today’s press conference to stir up more debate.

“The truth is that it’s difficult to win when it’s 11 men against 14,” said Totti. “If football carries on like this then your desire to play the game will just fall away. By the end of it only two or three clubs will bother carrying on.”

The Giallorossi had won the Scudetto with Capello at the helm in 2001, but that was an unusual blot on the landscape.

“In 10 years only Roma and Lazio have broken the stranglehold over the title. As for the rest, it was all Juve and Milan, taking it in turns. I don’t care if I get fined for saying this, as I am just speaking the truth.”

The fiery encounter at the Stadio Olimpico also saw Leandro Cufre caught on camera striking Del Piero on the chin after an altercation in the penalty area. So far, the Disciplinary Commission has not called for video evidence to be used and Totti gives an interesting take on the whole incident.

“Cufre was not crazy and if you watch the footage again then you’ll see that before he hit Del Piero, the Juve man punched him in the stomach,” continued the Roma star. “I don’t want to say Cufre was right to do it, but these things happen in a tense game and Del Piero was not an innocent bystander to be praised for his fair play. The media talks about what it wants to, regardless of the evidence.”

The Argentine defender also spoke up about the incident after he was vilified in the Italian Press for lashing out.

“Del Piero kicked me from behind and then he punched me in the stomach before I retaliated,” said Cufre. “How can Juve boast of fair play when their team has given away more free kicks than anyone else and then come to Rome to steal points?”

At the end of the 90 minutes there were over 63 free kicks awarded – more than any other Serie A game so far this season – but referee Racalbuto was blasted for handing Juventus a penalty for a foul that was outside the area.

“The referee made the biggest mistake right from the start, as he changed the face of the game,” insisted Totti. “Juve committed at least 30 fouls early on, and if he had started waving yellow cards around then the situation would not have gotten out of hand.”

However, Totti also reserved his barbed comments for teammate Antonio Cassano, who gave a television interview before the match praising Capello and confessing that he was re-evaluating his contract negotiations with Roma.

“We all know Antonio and that his timing isn’t great,” noted his friend. “It was rather hurtful to hear some of the things he said, but he made that choice. I’d advise Cassano to leave Capello and Juventus well alone. As for my own future, the club knows what my terms are and I don’t want to leave.”

:D
I do love it when he is crying in this way:D

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Show some respect to one of the greatest players of all time...

I'm not arguing Totti's talent or football ability, but whenever he is included in any kind of interview he instantly turn into a 8 year old boy who just broke the bycecle he received in his birthday....

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
I thought that Giannini is a Roma legend, Nic ;)
Erm...Febrina...a team can have more then one legend you know...

Totti says what the fans would want to say, because it is true, and the media and official seem to "miss" it...

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I've said it before, but if Totti leaves then he goes with my best wishes, he has done everything for us, sometimes when it has been negative for his carear, if he wasnt a Roma player, he'd of won the European Player Of The Year, many many times...If he leaves, it will be of no hard feelings, he deserves that for everything he has done for Roma...

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I've read on newspaper that he'd like to join the non-italian serieA team if he should leave, means that he would choose Spain/England (probably).

You know what, his father never gave him any praise to him at all, Never!...but he knows that his father is really proud of him :)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I know that, Totti wouldnt go to England, too cold for him, plus it wouldnt suit him there, it would be hard to see him play for Real, but if I am truthful it'll be hard to see him play for anyone, I am still hopeful he stays but if he doesnt, it would hurt less if he played for Barca...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Totti to face ban for tirade? Wednesday 9 March, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti and Roma have been deferred to the Disciplinary Commission after the captain suggested their match with Juventus was fixed.

“The truth is that we were playing in 11 men against 14,” Totti had said during yesterday’s Press conference. “If football carries on like this then your desire to play the game will just fall away.”

Those statements did not go unnoticed and the Italian international has officially been deferred to the Disciplinary Commission.

The phrases have been judged “damaging to the reputation of the FIGC, putting the impartiality of the referees into doubt and violating the rules of fair play.”

As he is the captain, the Capital club has also been deferred for the incident, which took place at a Press junket for the MotoGP championship.

Totti could receive a one-match ban if the statements are found to be particularly harsh, but with the time it takes for the Commission to deliver its verdict, that means he’d be suspended for the Serie A showdown with Milan on March 20.

It is far more likely that the player and club will merely be handed a fine for their reaction to that controversial defeat to Juventus.

Both the Bianconeri goals should’ve been disallowed – the first for offside, the second as the foul was outside the penalty area – while Juve also had a Zlatan Ibrahimovic strike incorrectly ruled out for offside.

Meanwhile, there was some good news for Roma, as Cristian Chivu is close to his comeback following surgery for a fractured foot in the summer.

He has already played in a youth team encounter this month and has now been called up for Romania’s March 26 match against Holland

source: channel4.com

:D:D:D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

The phrases have been judged “damaging to the reputation of the FIGC, putting the impartiality of the referees into doubt and violating the rules of fair play .”
That is a joke right? How could you damage the reputation of one of the most corrupt organizations in the world?

What a surprise, Totti facing a ban for speaking the truth, FIGC are a poison in Italian football!

Forza Il Capitano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)