Israeli-Palestinian conflict (18 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hamas are responsible for so much chaos and death which both sides suffer from and it makes you laugh?!
Disgusting
I know that this is a sensitive topic for those of you directly involved, but I watched the video 4 posts above and I would like to hear the other side's story about the documentary. Did you watch it, and if you did/will, would you please share your thoughts?

A private message would be ok too, if you prefer not to answer in this thread.

Thanks

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
well, I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for a while ( the whole forum actually cause off season here is whacked ) and I know emotions are high as this is a very loaded subject
But with that said, I do respect some of the posters here and value their opinions to some degree regardless of where they stand on the matter, so I will just ask something thats been on my mind and I hope to get some insight into it.

Well, why is this subject such black and white for you guys? and why pepole views on it are so poloraizd?

Even more importantly, taking personal involvment out of the equation, why does this issue gets more cover and attantion then any other horrible thing pepole do to each other? are mass murders and ethnic clensing in africa less pressing matters ? Mankind is fucked up, nothing new here so why does this issue harbors so many personal emotions when it pales in comprasion to any other fucked up shit out there ?

Im not going to try and debat the conflict as its pointless, pepole are so set in their views about this but thats part of the the reason I ask myself those quastions. Again the quastion is purely in the level of the "grand schem of things" and not about who started, who is right or what's the solution.

On a more personal, I sincerly hope the suffering of civilians on both sides will end soon, and it is indeed much greater on the palastinian side unfourtently.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Probably because unlike a lot of other conflicts and bad situations, it could be resolved quite easily if Israel wanted to, but instead they just bomb the crap out of civilians because of whatever sick reasons

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dont you think a simple fact check will show you the Israeli government is responsible for even more deaths?
The fact is that Hamas hide behind women and children instead of protecting them!
The fact is that whole war started because of Hamas and I`m not even talking about the murder of the Palestinan kid or the murder of the 3 Israeli kids.
The fact is without Hamas bombing Israel with rockets there wouldnt be any retaliation from Israel!

Unfortunately the only thing that can fix this is to destroy Hamas completely and then let Abu Mazen control the area and hope that it create some kind of peace now or in the future

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
well, I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for a while ( the whole forum actually cause off season here is whacked ) and I know emotions are high as this is a very loaded subject
But with that said, I do respect some of the posters here and value their opinions to some degree regardless of where they stand on the matter, so I will just ask something thats been on my mind and I hope to get some insight into it.

Well, why is this subject such black and white for you guys? and why pepole views on it are so poloraizd?

Even more importantly, taking personal involvment out of the equation, why does this issue gets more cover and attantion then any other horrible thing pepole do to each other? are mass murders and ethnic clensing in africa less pressing matters ? Mankind is fucked up, nothing new here so why does this issue harbors so many personal emotions when it pales in comprasion to any other fucked up shit out there ?

Im not going to try and debat the conflict as its pointless, pepole are so set in their views about this but thats part of the the reason I ask myself those quastions. Again the quastion is purely in the level of the "grand schem of things" and not about who started, who is right or what's the solution.

On a more personal, I sincerly hope the suffering of civilians on both sides will end soon, and it is indeed much greater on the palastinian side unfourtently.

firstly, because the raison d'etre of israel is the epitome of the absurd, a russian claiming divine right to a land as foreign to him as mars is.

Secondly, unlike those 'african' conflicts which progress quite 'organically', as in event sets off chain reaction of old score setting then either the end of the barrel a gun or people just getting tired end it. But no Israel is guaranteed to exist no matter what, even if all of its neighbors dont want it there, or it lost that war that should have ended it(had it not been for US involvement)

thirdly, the morphing over the years of israel into a regional bully that does whatever it wants with impunity and regardless of international opinion be it assassination or full on military action, it's turned the UN into an even bigger joke than it already was. Irony is of course a big part of the argument presented for why it exists in the first place is the infamous UN partition plan.

Lastly, gaza, for a people so familiar with ghettos and being stepped on by the powers that be to do the very same to another is quite honestly revolting.

Forgive me for saying this, but i feel most israelis are deluded, deluded into thinking that they will ever live in peace on their terms and narrative. It's like that decent guy who f'ed up and has to continue f'ing up to cover for that first major mess he made all the while thinking things will be alright...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The fact is that Hamas hide behind women and children instead of protecting them!
The fact is that whole war started because of Hamas and I`m not even talking about the murder of the Palestinan kid or the murder of the 3 Israeli kids.
The fact is without Hamas bombing Israel with rockets there wouldnt be any retaliation from Israel!

Unfortunately the only thing that can fix this is to destroy Hamas completely and then let Abu Mazen control the area and hope that it create some kind of peace now or in the future

How about this American Jew here, was he hiding behind women and children? Oh and what exactly happened to "the only democracy in the middle east"? was this person harming anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't read it, he just looks ridiculous :D
And of course a Jewish people exist.
Jews as a group of people who believe in the same religion, yes, like there are muslim people. But Jews as a race, or a group of people with the same origin, no such thing. There is as much in common between a Jew in Israel and a Jew in Denmark as there is between me and a muslim in Denmark.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

How about this American Jew here, was he hiding behind women and children? Oh and what exactly happened to "the only democracy in the middle east"? was this person harming anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Jews as a group of people who believe in the same religion, yes, like there are muslim people. But Jews as a race, or a group of people with the same origin, no such thing. There is as much in common between a Jew in Israel and a Jew in Denmark as there is between me and a muslim in Denmark.
Yup, but try explaining that to Turk.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ipso facto, you agree to kill women and children.

See, this is the IDF policy as well.
I wonder if reading A and understanding B is only your policy or its your country`s as well..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Should I post videos who show the opposite or you understand that in every situation you can see individuals who act differently (I didnt even watch it but its not hard to understand where you are taking it...)

IDF is the most moral army in the world but like anything in the world there are people who are different.

Does all your country`s people straight are they all gay are they all white are they all black are all good men are all murderers do you see where I`m getting at...?

I personally dont consider myself as a jew nor christian nor a muslim. I do believe in equality to everyone and I do think Palestine deserve a country! They dont deserve to be a country instead of Israel but they are deserve to be a country and to live peacefully with Israel.
I really hope no one but I mean no one EXCEPT terrorists to get hurt! Organizations like Hamas Jihad Al Quaida and Hizeballah should just cease to exist as their main agenda is just bombing who they believe to be wrong and the ones who have different beliefs.
I`m not saying other people dont have those kind of minuses but those organizations you can generalize as a group!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)