Israeli-Palestinian conflict (21 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ya, Fuck the British for that.
Another point to consider is that there are many Israelis who have lived in Israel all their lives. Would you truly consider it justice if they had to emigrate? Come on, Fred, by now they're both entitled to the land. And then there's the historic connection too.. no, I just don't see why one group should leave and the other should stay.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Netanyahu is really fucking this up by the way. I mean, calling them terrorists? You could argue that their intentions were not as innocent as some would have you believe, but you can't commit an act of terror without weapons.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Another point to consider is that there are many Israelis who have lived in Israel all their lives. Would you truly consider it justice if they had to emigrate? Come on, Fred, by now they're both entitled to the land. And then there's the historic connection too.. no, I just don't see why one group should leave and the other should stay.

They can stay if they want, but as "Palestinians" and under Palestinian authority. The issue then will be, after all thats happened, how can the two live together in harmony, and what guarantees us that Palestinians will not discriminate against them after all they've been through.

When you think of it, its a tad too idealistic and impractical to expect them to co-exist in harmony. Since Europe is responsible for the Israeli's moving to Palestinian territory, they should take them back and find them a solution.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They can stay if they want, but as "Palestinians" and under Palestinian authority. The issue then will be, after all thats happened, how can the two live together in harmony, and what guarantees us that Palestinians will not discriminate against them after all they've been through.

When you think of it, its a tad too idealistic and impractical to expect them to co-exist in harmony. Since Europe is responsible for the Israeli's moving to Palestinian territory, they should take them back and find them a solution.
Perhaps the Palestinians could stay as Israelis and under Israeli rule.

And why are you talking as if this was a dispute between men? It's a dispute between peoples and one that you cannot talk about as if it concerns civil matters. Even if one would consider it just, it would be impossible to send them "back" (mind you, for a lot of Israelis it doesn't mean going back, as they've always lived in Israel).

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,485
    After 376 pages of this thread, I think we discussed enough. I enjoyed discussing most of the members here even if they have opposing opinions to mine. I liked the desire of the majority to talk logic and know more about the whole conflict.

I'm afraid I won't keep it civilized in the future as it is so frustrating to be provoked all the time.

So, I'm asking the mods here to close this thread please.

Thanks to all for participating.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Perhaps the Palestinians could stay as Israelis and under Israeli rule.

And why are you talking as if this was a dispute between men? It's a dispute between peoples and one that you cannot talk about as if it concerns civil matters. Even if one would consider it just, it would be impossible to send them "back" (mind you, for a lot of Israelis it doesn't mean going back, as they've always lived in Israel).
    The bolded part is unacceptable, they are the occupiers, so eventually they have to accept that they cannot just have a state with their name and under their authority, its simply unacceptable.

Just because the newer generation of Israelis were born in the land their fathers and grandads occupied, does not give them a right to it at all. If they want to stay under Palestinian authority, they are welcome to. Though like i said, i doubt that is practical, there is way too much history and bad blood between them and the Palestinians, i am sure they won't be treated fairly under Palestinian authority.

So maybe them moving out isn't such a bad idea.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    After 376 pages of this thread, I think we discussed enough. I enjoyed discussing most of the members here even if they have opposing opinions to mine. I liked the desire of the majority to talk logic and know more about the whole conflict.

I'm afraid I won't keep it civilized in the future as it is so frustrating to be provoked all the time.

It's just a clash of opinions, Reb. It's one of the biggest topics here and it's still developing.

Please reconsider that and try to ignore something if you don't like it. Many people here appreciate your work in this thread as you're providing new news and try to explain some stuff.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    The bolded part is unacceptable, they are the occupiers, so eventually they have to accept that they cannot just have a state with their name and under their authority, its simply unacceptable.

Just because the newer generation of Israelis were born in the land their fathers and grandads occupied, does not give them a right to it at all. If they want to stay under Palestinian authority, they are welcome to. Though like i said, i doubt that is practical, there is way too much history and bad blood between them and the Palestinians, i am sure they won't be treated fairly under Palestinian authority.

So maybe them moving out isn't such a bad idea.
    Why not? It did for the Palestinians before them. It's the only way you can establish a certain right to the land, and by now a lot of Israelis have done just that. But we shouldn't even be discussing this, as in all fairness, it's never going to happen anyway so it isn't a plausible solution.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Someone who doesn't agree with every word you say is provoking you? Now thats just.. Imagine a zionist saying that.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    It's just a clash of opinions, Reb. It's one of the biggest topics here and it's still developing.

Please reconsider that and try to ignore something if you don't like it. Many people here appreciate your work in this thread as you're providing new news and try to explain some stuff.
    yeah reb..reconsider...and someone explain me what does obama got to do with this conflict?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Business Interests and established elites control every country on the face of the planet. It's not a grand conspiracy it's how the world function.

Accept it and move on.

Jul 2, 2006
    Pro-Palestinian activists say they are organizing a new flotilla to try to break Israel's blockade of Gaza in early fall.

Free Gaza Movement spokeswoman Greta Berlin said Thursday her group is working with the European Campaign to End the Siege to send at least three aid ships to Gaza in September or October.

She said Turkish charity İHH is welcome to join the flotilla, despite Israel's allegation the group has terror ties. The group is not on the US terrorism list.

She said another cargo ship with a dozen activists aboard including Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mairead McGuire is steaming toward Gaza and should arrive "early next week."

Nine people aboard an İHH ship were killed Monday when Israeli commandos raided a six-ship aid flotilla, sparking an international outcry.

Israel rejects international investigation of raid

Israel has rejected calls from the United Nations and others for an international investigation of its deadly raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

Israel says the commandos used force only after activists on board a Turkish flagship attacked them. Nine of the activists were killed.

Israel's military already is investigating the raid.

An official in the prime minister's office says there is "no case in recent history" where a democratic country's army involved in the deaths of civilians in an overseas operation has been subjected to an international investigation.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity pending a formal announcement by the government. He made the remarks on Thursday.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Business Interests and established elites control every country on the face of the planet. It's not a grand conspiracy it's how the world function.

Accept it and move on.
    I doubt Libya is controlled by anyone other than Geddaffi himself, its not how the world functions, thats bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)