Israeli-Palestinian conflict (14 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not strange on those thieves.

Why?
"Yesterday, Masked Zionist settlers set on fire the lands of Palestinians in Asira village near Nablus. The Palestinians kept trying to out out the fire while Zionist slodiers and settlers were watching from the hilltop..."

This is coming from someone who obviously isn't the biggest friend of Israel. The moral judgment here makes you doubt the credibility. The last sentence in particular. Come on, ReB. This is followed by a couple of pictures, but we don't get to know who took them and where they were taken. Articles from news agencies would be nice.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, it probably did, but if you present it like this, no one is going to accept it as "evidence" of anything. Except from Andy of course, because he thinks a random picture posted by a random member on a footy forum is a far more reliable news source than any BBC journalist.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,444
    "Yesterday, Masked Zionist settlers set on fire the lands of Palestinians in Asira village near Nablus. The Palestinians kept trying to out out the fire while Zionist slodiers and settlers were watching from the hilltop..."

This is coming from someone who obviously isn't the biggest friend of Israel. The moral judgment here makes you doubt the credibility. The last sentence in particular. Come on, ReB. This is followed by a couple of pictures, but we don't get to know who took them and where they were taken. Articles from news agencies would be nice.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, it probably did, but if you present it like this, no one is going to accept it as "evidence" of anything. Except from Andy of course, because he thinks a random picture posted by a random member on a footy forum is a far more reliable news source than any BBC journalist.
    All the pics I post here are from three news agencies:

Reuters
    Associated Press
    Getty Images

And the explanations I write is the same written by those agencies.

For example:

You can read what is written beside this pic:
    From Getty images
    http://www.daylife.com/photo/01UIgljaE5as6

From Reuters
    http://www.daylife.com/photo/02u46cs79WgNC

I know you may think these news are unbelievable but you should live with Palestinian farmers in those villages to know the bitterness of their lives and that they ARE living a very weird life.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    All the pics I post here are from three news agencies:

Reuters
    Associated Press
    Getty Images

And the explanations I write is the same written by those agencies.

For example:

You can read what is written beside this pic:
    From Getty images
    http://www.daylife.com/photo/01UIgljaE5as6

From Reuters
    http://www.daylife.com/photo/02u46cs79WgNC

I know you may think these news are unbelievable but you should live with Palestinian farmers in those villages to know the bitterness of their lives.
    I actually find the news pretty plausible. The problem is the way you present it.

That's exactly what I meant by posting pics the right way, man :tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

I don't understand your point.
    If you're talking life outside this forum then I'd understand, but we all know Rebel, we all know his feelings about Israel, we all know the mental profile of each other here so no matter how anyone of us presents any news we already have a formed opinion about the member who's giving the news and his intentions.
    Even if Rebel says "The BBC reports that the Israelis didn't help the wounded Palestinians " instead of "Zionist criminals stood and laughed at the martyrs", you will know that he means the latter. So what are you really trying to achieve in this thread?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I don't understand your point.
    If you're talking life outside this forum then I'd understand, but we all know Rebel, we all know his feelings about Israel, we all know the mental profile of each other here so no matter how anyone of us presents any news we already have a formed opinion about the member who's giving the news and his intentions.
    Even if Rebel says "The BBC reports that the Israelis didn't help the wounded Palestinians " instead of "Zionist criminals stood and laughed at the martyrs", you will know that he means the latter. So what are you really trying to achieve in this thread?
    Bit strange coming from a historian, Alen. Regardless of the member I would never accept something that has a member as the only source as news. And given the fact that I am interested in what is going on, I would like for him to quote his source. But my main issue was indeed with life outside this forum as I've told him several times in this very thread.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Not talking about the sources. Here I must completely agree with you. I'm talking about the way he "reads" those news and you being against it.
    I'm not against him reading it that way. I'm against him making me read it that way.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'm not against him reading it that way. I'm against him making me read it that way.
    You're smart enough to read it the right way anyway, to recognize and ignore hatred and propaganda. If nothing else, Reb making people reading things as he presents them can only spark a reaction from the other side and that way we can learn much more than if he presents the news professionally. Let them be and do it the way they want to do it.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,451
    Seven, look...

Most of the news I'm sending here are not translated to English. That is why I'm using photos from news agencies.

I don't want to make you read the news like I do, but I'm giving you the information I could gather about it.

Sometimes, it takes me hours to gather information about something, then I come here briefing it and writing one small sentence about what happened. I'm trying to make it easier for recipients here to follow the news.

It is your right to believe them or not, in the end.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Seven, whats your opinion on Italy and Netherlands refusing the notion of an international committee to investigate the Israeli attack on the convoy? Why do you think they voted no?

We all expected it from the US and we all know why, thats why i'm asking you about Italy and Netherlands, also you should be pretty familiar with the two countries politics, as you've lived in Italy for a while, and the Netherlands is close to Belgium.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    You're smart enough to read it the right way anyway, to recognize and ignore hatred and propaganda. If nothing else, Reb making people reading things as he presents them can only spark a reaction from the other side and that way we can learn much more than if he presents the news professionally. Let them be and do it the way they want to do it.
    There's a difference between him saying Israelis burnt the land and him saying Zionist criminals laughed while they burnt the land of innocent Palestinians, Alen. And you see that it's actually infectious. Look at Andy for example, the guy is filled with propaganda. And that's pretty funny coming from a guy who claims he can look right through propaganda, just because he doesn't believe the bullshit on the American tele.

Seven, whats your opinion on Italy and Netherlands refusing the notion of an international committee to investigate the Israeli attack on the convoy? Why do you think they voted no?

We all expected it from the US and we all know why, thats why i'm asking you about Italy and Netherlands, also you should be pretty familiar with the two countries politics, as you've lived in Italy for a while, and the Netherlands is close to Belgium.
    Holland has always been a big fan of the USA. I think most Dutch people consider themselves to be American in a way. They speak English a lot, even use it in conversations amongst each other, Burger King is omnipresent and they want to feel big internationally too. There's a connection between the two nations. I was surprised to see them vote no though, I thought they would abstain, given the political situation in Holland and the fact that with the knowledge that almost everyone would abstain anyway a negative vote would only be cause for protest.

As for Italy.. well.. first of all you have to consider the fact that the political elite in Italy consists of old, fat morons. These old, fat morons talk about being a good christian a lot. You can see that, by nature, they would already be inclined to favour Israel. The official explanation is that they see Israel as a democratic country that is capable of conducting their own, objective investigation. This is bollocks of course. They also say that they want to relieve some of the international pressure on Israel. This is ridiculous too. If the Israelis conduct their own investigation and say nothing happened, there will be global uproar. You might also want to consider the well.. racist attitude of a lot of Italians. But I don't know if we really want to go there.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,456
    Hanin Zoubi, the Palestinian lady that could express her opinion in front of Zionist leaders in their parliament, Knesset, yesterday.

She was on one of the ships that were attacked by Zionists. Yesterday, when she gave her speech about what happened on the ships, she was attacked by Zionist members of the parliament.

Just look at her bravery while being attacked:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,457
    There's a difference between him saying Israelis burnt the land and him saying Zionist criminals laughed while they burnt the land of innocent Palestinians, Alen. And you see that it's actually infectious.
    Did I say that they were laughing?

I merely said they were watching people who tried to put fire out. That is exactly the same description by the news agency that issued that photo. I don't need exaggeration or lying, Seven. The situation is tragic itself. I don't need to exaggerate it more.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Did I say that they were laughing?

I merely said they were watching people who tried to put fire out. That is exactly the same description by the news agency that issued that photo. I don't need exaggeration or lying, Seven. The situation is tragic itself. I don't need to exaggerate it more.
    No you added the words masked and zionist. Now you ask yourself whether those are truly objective words in this context ;).

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,459
    No you added the words masked and zionist. Now you ask yourself whether those are truly objective words in this context ;).
    It is not me who added the word "masked"...

Look at those explanations from:

Associated Press:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/03Df4XU0YcgD5

http://www.daylife.com/photo/0efwepNfT1d8d

http://www.daylife.com/photo/02X0g3g0rM4Si

And from Getty Images:

http://www.daylife.com/photo/03PJ6d3c1b1HH

About using the word "Zionist", it is not an insult among Israelis. They are proud of being Zionists. You can ask them if they get ashamed of being called "Zionists".

In the end, I'm not a news agency that maybe obliged to be hypocrite in using stupid words in order to satisfy some parties even if they are not real. I'm telling you the news as it is on land.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    It is not me who added the word "masked"...

About using the word "Zionist", it is not an insult among Israelis. They are proud of being Zionists. You can ask them if they get ashamed of being called "Zionists".

In the end, I'm not a news agency that maybe obliged to be hypocrite in using stupid words in order to satisfy some parties even if they are not real. I'm telling you the news as I see them.
    Fair enough about the word masked, but zionist, come on, Reb. I know it's not an insult. Technically I am a Zionist too. But the word has become insulting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)