Israeli-Palestinian conflict (12 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
It's not quite against my own beliefs. I am sure that you noticed that my views in this thread can be categorised as pragmatic. Now I know that in most European countries it is said that religion cannot be something a state is built upon. I agree with that and so do most international organisations. It is however impossible to dissolve states that are built on religion. Which is why Saudi Arabia exists.

Now my point is that, if Saudi Arabia can exist, so can Israel. If it were in my power to dissolve Saudi Arabia, I would also dissolve Israel.

The only one looking like a hypocrite here is you, Jack. The timing of your question is peculiar to say the least.
so then you shouldn't have gone against your beliefs in the poll...there was no definite right or wrong in it or accordance with international acceptance

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's not quite against my own beliefs. I am sure that you noticed that my views in this thread can be categorised as pragmatic. Now I know that in most European countries it is said that religion cannot be something a state is built upon. I agree with that and so do most international organisations. It is however impossible to dissolve states that are built on religion. Which is why Saudi Arabia exists.

Now my point is that, if Saudi Arabia can exist, so can Israel. If it were in my power to dissolve Saudi Arabia, I would also dissolve Israel.

The only one looking like a hypocrite here is you, Jack. The timing of your question is peculiar to say the least.
In what way am I being a hypocrite? By asking a question?

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
so then you shouldn't have gone against your beliefs in the poll...there was no definite right or wrong in it or accordance with international acceptance
Not quite. You see, in part I get what Martin is saying. And on top of that there are more pragmatic reasons which would make it easier for them to have that state. The poll also didn't state that I couldn't take international acceptance into account ;).

Would be a bit stupid to not consider actual facts anyway.

In what way am I being a hypocrite? By asking a question?
The timing's a bit weird. And you make it sound as if Israel is the only religious state out there. Which is odd.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
And no one is.

Way to completely miss the point. Pretty incredible just how unwilling people can be to read.
not at all, this all has to be known and remembered every time people try to post something.

I don't have anything against Jewish state, or Jewish people. But I am against zionist and they are not only Jewish people. G. Bush is not Jewish and he is one of Zionist too if u can understand me. Israel is aparheit state at the moment and no one wants that.

Its simple thing, settlers has to return to their "homeland" and Palestinians has to return their home until that happen poor people will suffer, and we know who are they...

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009
not at all, this all has to be known and remembered every time people try to post something.

I don't have anything against Jewish state, or Jewish people. But I am against zionist and they are not only Jewish people. G. Bush is not Jewish and he is one of Zionist too if u can understand me. Israel is aparheit state at the moment and no one wants that.

Its simple thing, settlers has to return to their "homeland" and Palestinians has to return their home until that happen poor people will suffer, and we know who are they...
Nothing personal, but you're on my ignore list from now on. You add very little to the discussion.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Since when and how was this nationality created?

This is my very last question about this subject. I am serious this whole thing makes gives me a stomach ache.
Since always, that's the whole point. They have their own culture, language, traditions, even religion. Jews living in various parts of the world have historically always "kept together" in their own close knit communities. Long before there was Israel. For instance, in 19th century Poland the city of Lodz started expanding rapidly with a growing textile industry (ie. industrial revolution comes to Poland). The Jews were disliked because by and large all the factories were in their wealthy hands. Meanwhile, Polish workers were on the factory floor. In today's Lodz, a city that doesn't have historical landmarks, some of the palaces then belonging to wealthy Jewish factory owners have been fixed up and made into landmarks.

There is a long history of anti-semitism in Poland and it comes from these internal power struggles that held place in Poland over the centuries.

And tons of Jews lived in Poland, but they didn't consider themselves Poles as such. Shimon Peres was born in Poland in 1923, but is he Polish?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The timing's a bit weird. And you make it sound as if Israel is the only religious state out there. Which is odd.
What do you mean by timing? Is it past my deadline to asking questions?

Am I not making anything sound like anything, I just noticed that you, Besmir, Martin and a few others hold the anti-religion flag so high and waving it in a more fanatic way than religious fanatics are at the same time defending a religious state. This made me confused and I simply asked a question. If you find it odd then forget about it.

CheSchifo!

Jan 11, 2009

Am I not making anything sound like anything, I just noticed that you, Besmir, Martin and a few others hold the anti-religion flag so high and waving it in a more fanatic way than religious fanatics are at the same time defending a religious state. This made me confused and I simply asked a question. If you find it odd then forget about it.
But we're not defending a religious state. Well, I'm not.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I raised a question here so late in the discussion but I would like to clarify my own view point by motivating my answers on the poll.

* Is Hamas a terrorist organization to which I answered "no" simply because I don't believe that terrorist organizations exist in the first place. If there is something called terror in the world, it was created because of the war against terror and not the other way around. And this is not only about Hamas but it applies to anything given that name.

* Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world? To which I also answered "no" becuase I don't believe in religious states, I don't believe in religion to start with so reaching the level of forming a state does not even exist in my dictionary.

* Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now? To which I again answere "no" for the mere reason that I believe in world peace, harmony and love and since Israel existed these have not been found in that region.

Consider these naive, silly, stupid or whatever you want but that's my whole view on politics, wars and conflicts. They simply shouldn't exist.

Peace
Over and out

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

To the extent that Israel is a religious state (which I frankly don't know much about), I'm not defending that. That it is a state, however, I think there is a reason for.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
To the extent that Israel is a religious state (which I frankly don't know much about), I'm not defending that. That it is a state, however, I think there is a reason for.
I don't know that answer but maybe you know.

I consider you Norwegian but maybe that's just me. Now here's my question.

A Japanese family emigrated to Israel, they have two kids 2 and 5 years old. The family is settled there, the kids are raised there, they go to school, university and start their careers. Are the kids Israeli? Do they get to hold the Israeli nationality?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't know that answer but maybe you know.

I consider you Norwegian but maybe that's just me. Now here's my question.
People decide what they want to be. A lot of Polish families in Norway that I've known don't make any efforts to raise their kids Polish. They speak Norwegian at home, what better evidence than that. My parents were not like that, I took Polish lessons all the years I went to school (until high school), we knew other Polish families, there is even a Polish Saturday school back in Oslo that I used to go to as a kid.

People do not move to another country and forget all about their past. At least some people don't. Am I Polish or Norwegian? Both. I know both cultures, both countries. I've lived both places, seen plenty of each.

A Japanese family emigrated to Israel, they have two kids 2 and 5 years old. The family is settled there, the kids are raised there, they go to school, university and start their careers. Are the kids Israeli? Do they get to hold the Israeli nationality?
Depends on the parents most of all. How do the parents feel about it? If they feel a very strong attachment to Japan (which is a natural thing) then they're likely to bring their kids up Japanese. That doesn't mean they can't also be Israeli (like me) on top of that. Most likely the kids would define themselves either Israeli or "both".

The point isn't what you think they are, the point is what they feel they are.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rebel, thanks ALOT for those two long articles, especially the one with Mitchell, I doubt anyone of these bickering bozo's read it, but it wa an enlightning read.

It defenitely passes the conditions of a religious state. Yes being a jew is both an ethnicity and a religion, but the main foundation is religion, even if they accept jews who arent religious too. The conditions of being a full israeli citizen being so founded on their religion, defenitely makes it somewhat of a religious state, how it doesnt accept others who cant pass those set conditions, they get certain rights, but are legally deemed outsiders no matter what.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
People decide what they want to be. A lot of Polish families in Norway that I've known don't make any efforts to raise their kids Polish. They speak Norwegian at home, what better evidence than that. My parents were not like that, I took Polish lessons all the years I went to school (until high school), we knew other Polish families, there is even a Polish Saturday school back in Oslo that I used to go to as a kid.

People do not move to another country and forget all about their past. At least some people don't. Am I Polish or Norwegian? Both. I know both cultures, both countries. I've lived both places, seen plenty of each.

Depends on the parents most of all. How do the parents feel about it? If they feel a very strong attachment to Japan (which is a natural thing) then they're likely to bring their kids up Japanese. That doesn't mean they can't also be Israeli (like me) on top of that. Most likely the kids would define themselves either Israeli or "both".

The point isn't what you think they are, the point is what they feel they are.
Can they be legally Israeli citizens or will they stay the rest of their lives Japanese living in Israel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)