Israeli-Palestinian conflict (22 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'd also like to ask you the same thing Reb. We all like to follow what's happening there and we visit this thread just to read your updates, but most of us don't have the stomach to watch visually what's happening in Gaza.
It's not like I can't watch it but it's sad to see something like that.Especially with so many kids on them.

Don't worry. I'll remove the pictures.
Don't get me wrong,I appreciate how you update us and everything and we know it's scary there right now but there's really no need for that kind of pictures.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #631
    Sorry for hurting your feelings, guys. I never intended for that, but I just wanted to make sure that nobody was thinking that I was exaggerating when I was talking about the situation there. Hence, I posted those pics. By the way, these were the least violent pics I found.

Anyway, I just want to thank all of you for your understanding for keeping this thread for all this period of time. I think it made its purpose perfectly as I just wanted to do something for people dying over there, and you made my mission go smoothly without any troublemakers in the thread.

I think I have to stop this here as I don't want to annoy the nice atmosphere you have in the forum by keeping this thread going with all the tragedies included in it, but always remember there are some people who are suffering.

Thank you all again.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Rebel, we appreciate your updates. I think people should see what is going on there, and they should know by now pictures from there will be pretty gruesome.

If Al Jazeera can show these exact same pictures, then I don't know what the problem is.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Rebel, we appreciate your updates. I think people should see what is going on there, and they should know by now pictures from there will be pretty gruesome.

If Al Jazeera can show these exact same pictures, then I don't know what the problem is.
    There is no problem at all, but some people can't look at such pictures, that's why I asked Alen to add a warning to the thread. Rebel shouldn't have removed the pictures nor should he stop posting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

For some members those pictures bring unpleasant memories they want to be forgotten. Those were pictures of massacred children and i don't think they belong here.
    Reb can give links of the pics and those who want to see them can click on them, but with uploaded pictures everyone who wants to get an update on the situation is forced to see the pics.

But if most of you want the pictures back i'll put them back and i'll edit the thread title.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Its simple, post pictures, but post them as links, so people can choose to look at them or not, depending if they are said to be gruesome or not.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #638

You don't have to stop anything and it wasn't annoying Reb.That wasn't the point of what I said earlier. :frown:
    There is no problem at all, but some people can't look at such pictures, that's why I asked Alen to add a warning to the thread. Rebel shouldn't have removed the pictures nor should he stop posting.
    Keep posting and mods can add warning as Jack already said...it's fine by me.I wouldn't have said anything if I knew you'd do this.
    Thank you all.

Dule, brother, take it easy. It is not because of your words. I'm just not in a good mood to keep posting right now. I think all of you did a great job reading and understanding what is happening over there, and that is enough for me as an achievement to shed light on the suffering of people in Gaza. I may come back later when my mood improves alittle.

Take care everybody.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #639
    For some members those pictures bring unpleasant memories they want to be forgotten. Those were pictures of massacred children and i don't think they belong here.
    Reb can give links of the pics and those who want to see them can click on them, but with uploaded pictures everyone who wants to get an update on the situation is forced to see the pics.

But if most of you want the pictures back i'll put them back and i'll edit the thread title.
    Here is one link for some of the pics, Alen...

http://www.elfarra.org/gallery/gaza.htm

You don't have to change the thread title and put the pics back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Its simple, post pictures, but post them as links, so people can choose to look at them or not, depending if they are said to be gruesome or not.
    That is fair enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)