Israeli-Palestinian conflict (15 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 2, 2006
My bad. They are non-Jewish Israeli.

and watch Buffon fascist thingy pop out again.

Turkish Parliament issues condemnation of Gaza attack

18 July 2014 19:01
Lawmakers of all political parties have issued a joint declaration denouncing Israel's ground invasion of Gaza.

ANKARA

A cross-party declaration condemning Israeli’s invasion of Gaza has been issued by the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

Lawmakers from all parties signed the document on Friday. "We strongly condemn the ongoing Israeli attacks on Palestinians in Gaza," the declaration said.

Demanding international action to put a ceasefire in place, it added: "We see the killing of children and women and innocent civilians as an unacceptable and inexcusable war crime."

Party chairmen Akif Hamzacebi, of the Republican People’s Party, Oktay Vural, of the Nationalist Movement Party, and Idrıs Bayulken, of the People's Democratic Party, asked for Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to keep the parliament members informed about further Israeli attacks.

Former culture minister and independent deputy Ertugrul Gunay said a committee of lawmakers should go to Gaza. He said: "Turkey should announce its solidarity with the Palestinians to the world."

On Thursday evening Israeli ground troops went into Gaza in the third major offensive in the last six years.

Friday’s declaration followed an earlier announcement by the Republican People’s Party and the Nationalist Movement Party strongly condemning the incursion, following more than a week of bombardment.

Turkey will call for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, the Organization of the Islamic Conference and the UN Commission on Human Rights over the Israeli attack.

Nationalist deputy Ozcan Yeniceri called for Muslim countries to review commercial, economic and energy ties with Israel.

The Palestinian death toll in Gaza has risen to 271.

www.aa.com.tr/en

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
And we all know there will be no action, sadly.
This. There are very few countries and/or political leaderships that would benefit from engaging in this conflict. Israel is lose/lose and so is Hamas. Which is why this conflict will continue for many years.

Perhaps if the people of the neighbouring countries had a say, things would look different.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
All nice and good. But these statements serve no purpose. Turkey or any other country can harp on all all it wants, but actions speak louder than words.

And we all know there will be no action, sadly.
exactly :) talk is for free, sadly the only people who suffer are the innocent civilians locked up in gaza. they are paying the price for the weakness of all these countries.

Jul 2, 2006
You don't even talk.

He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do it, then he should do it with his tongue, and if he has not strength enough to do it, (even) then he should (abhor it) from his heart, and that is the least of faith.

Sahih Muslim - Hadith No: 79

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My bad. They are non-Jewish Israeli.

and watch Buffon fascist thingy pop out again.

Turkish Parliament issues condemnation of Gaza attack

18 July 2014 19:01
Lawmakers of all political parties have issued a joint declaration denouncing Israel's ground invasion of Gaza.

ANKARA

A cross-party declaration condemning Israeli’s invasion of Gaza has been issued by the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

Lawmakers from all parties signed the document on Friday. "We strongly condemn the ongoing Israeli attacks on Palestinians in Gaza," the declaration said.

Demanding international action to put a ceasefire in place, it added: "We see the killing of children and women and innocent civilians as an unacceptable and inexcusable war crime."

Party chairmen Akif Hamzacebi, of the Republican People’s Party, Oktay Vural, of the Nationalist Movement Party, and Idrıs Bayulken, of the People's Democratic Party, asked for Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to keep the parliament members informed about further Israeli attacks.

Former culture minister and independent deputy Ertugrul Gunay said a committee of lawmakers should go to Gaza. He said: "Turkey should announce its solidarity with the Palestinians to the world."

On Thursday evening Israeli ground troops went into Gaza in the third major offensive in the last six years.

Friday’s declaration followed an earlier announcement by the Republican People’s Party and the Nationalist Movement Party strongly condemning the incursion, following more than a week of bombardment.

Turkey will call for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, the Organization of the Islamic Conference and the UN Commission on Human Rights over the Israeli attack.

Nationalist deputy Ozcan Yeniceri called for Muslim countries to review commercial, economic and energy ties with Israel.

The Palestinian death toll in Gaza has risen to 271.

www.aa.com.tr/en
I'm happy by the amazing things that will now happen with this statement

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
First of all Im on a vacation in Hungary so I cant post much
The ones cheering after the death of the 4 palestinian kids are idiots.
There are those kind of people in every country.
The only cheering that should be is against terror.
Everyone aiming at anything else should be ashamed of themselves!
Anyway on every person like this there are 1000 who think different.
I agree with those who claim Hamas should be destroyed as Hamas is a terror organization but I never cheer or understand people who cheer for death of innocents

- - - Updated - - -

It's because of Türkiye and a few others, nation called Palestine still exist. There is a reason why they are killing hundreds instead of millions and it is not their conscience.
Bullshit

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This. There are very few countries and/or political leaderships that would benefit from engaging in this conflict. Israel is lose/lose and so is Hamas. Which is why this conflict will continue for many years.

Perhaps if the people of the neighbouring countries had a say, things would look different.
they would, if america didnt support israel unequivocally

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
It's return of Islamic Caliphate they would like to avoid most. And if it will return, flag will rise from where it is fallen.
Firstly you didn't answer my question. Secondly is this why the radical groups like Isis who want Islamic calipha or what ever they call it are doing a good job with Israel right by killing in unarmed civilians in Iraq and Syria and attacking army and civilian sites in Sinai right?? Why don't we see them replying back to Israel considering they have a chance with Syria having borders with Israel? If that's the caliphate you are dreaming of I hope it never happened because it has no bushes with Islam or any other religion for the matter.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
they would, if america didnt support israel unequivocally
Would benefit? In what way. Can't see there's much to win in this conflict. Except either humanitarian or ideological "victories".

The land of Palestine offers very little in terms of resources, strategic (military) consideration (US got bases all around, Russia got Syria, China are focused on Countrise with naturals resources) and so on. To truly engage in this conflict, you'll need to see a point. Something to win.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Firstly you didn't answer my question. Secondly is this why the radical groups like Isis who want Islamic calipha or what ever they call it are doing a good job with Israel right by killing in unarmed civilians in Iraq and Syria and attacking army and civilian sites in Sinai right?? Why don't we see them replying back to Israel considering they have a chance with Syria having borders with Israel? If that's the caliphate you are dreaming of I hope it never happened because it has no bushes with Islam or any other religion for the matter.
isis got israeli imprint all over it, they are using them along with the kurds to weaken a shiaa iran backed iraq.

Jul 2, 2006
Nope, that's not. They are pretenders.

Caliphate in my mind is the one which will unite world Muslims under one banner. A union they will join willingly.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Would benefit? In what way. Can't see there's much to win in this conflict. Except either humanitarian or ideological "victories".

The land of Palestine offers very little in terms of resources, strategic (military) consideration (US got bases all around, Russia got Syria, China are focused on Countrise with naturals resources) and so on.

read the last line to your post that i replied to

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
read the last line to your post that i replied to
I see. Absolutely agree. Murica's holding it's hand over Israel.

My point tho was that even with the backing of Israel by the US, a domestic opinion in the neighbouring countries (had they democracy) could cause the respective leaders in Jordan, Syria (ehm..), Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and so on to put more pressure on Israel and the US. Doubt it would do much instantly but over time a stronger support of the "peaceful" part of the palestinian people could improve the current situation.

Sadly European countries aren't as interested in this conflict as they were pre 9/11.

But there's also the big problem of Hamas being supported by Iran. Saudi Arabia wants to be the local power and so does Iran (sunni vs. shia), which means it makes very little sense for countries like Saudi Arabia and even Egypt to support Hamas.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I see. Absolutely agree. Murica's holding it's hand over Israel.

My point tho was that even with the backing of Israel by the US, a domestic opinion in the neighbouring countries (had they democracy) could cause the respective leaders in Jordan, Syria (ehm..), Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and so on to put more pressure on Israel and the US. Doubt it would do much instantly but over time a stronger support of the "peaceful" part of the palestinian people could improve the current situation.

Sadly European countries aren't as interested in this conflict as they were pre 9/11.

But there's also the big problem of Hamas being supported by Iran. Saudi Arabia wants to be the local power and so does Iran (sunni vs. shia), which means it makes very little sense for countries like Saudi Arabia and even Egypt to support Hamas.
:p how do you put pressure on the US? no but seriously israel has no incentive to negotiate and this also gives them time to gobble up more palestinian land. If say US was out of the picture, then these countries, iran and saudi, would have to learn to live with each other or just go to war and let that decide it. Instead we have very toxic and un-organic country relations due to US involvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)