Israeli-Palestinian conflict (51 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Burning the texts was stupid but killing people in response is even more stupid.
We definitely agree. To me, at times it looks like the entire Afghan operation is run by a bunch of idiots. You have a unstable situation on your hands, you're trying to calm it down so you can get the hell out of there. What do you do? You start burning Qu'Rans. I'm not justifying the killings, but with all the experience the mission leaders have from the previous years this is so incredibly stupid that I can't quite fathom it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Just to be clear, I'm bemoaning the deaths of the civilians caught in the fire here. I'm not joyous regarding the deaths of NATO officers, but certainly not affected in a sad way at all.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They have said it wasn't intentional and they have apologized. I'm against disrespecting anything that's considered holy for a group of people, anything provocative that could bring hatred. I'm living in an Islamic country, I know how much Muslims are sensitive over these things but all the fuss about a burnt qoran? If qoran is a holy book nothing can disrespect it, nothing can take anything from it so get over it already you fools. If only they cared about their country and people as much and passionate as they care about their holy book, if only they understood that nothing has ruined Islam's face as much as Taliban have, Afghanistan would be now a better place.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9,908
    They have said it wasn't intentional and they have apologized. I'm against disrespecting anything that's considered holy for a group of people, anything provocative that could bring hatred. I'm living in an Islamic country, I know how much Muslims are sensitive over these things but all the fuss about a burnt qoran? If qoran is a holy book nothing can disrespect it, nothing can take anything from it so get over it already you fools. If only they cared about their country and people as much and passionate as they care about their holy book, if only they understood that nothing has ruined Islam's face as much as Taliban have, Afghanistan would be now a better place.
    Apologized? Not intentional?

It is not the first time they are humiliating the Afghan people, you know. There are tens of examples. Here is one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dies-video-used-Taliban-recruitment-tool.html

That is always intentional as those soldiers are the scum of the humanity.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Not intentional, so they are idiots! That has got to be the worst excuse ever.

And I really disagree on your view that if only Afghans realized the place would be much better. It was never in the plans for Afghanistan to be a better place, the Afghan people are completely without significance when it comes to the situation in their country. We need that country in a volatile state so we can quickly change the government if they start shutting us off. As long as oil is an international interest there will be war in Afghanistan.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Yes, they apologized. Don't know if it was intentional or not, as I said, "they have said that it was not intentional", so what has to be done now? My stance on the whole thing wouldn't have been any different though even if it was proved to be intentional. I condemn desecrating anything which happens to be endeared by a group of people, it's the lowest thing to do which I never approve of but since I feel myself very very closer to the Afghans than to the US army, I can't care much about what the US troops have been doing since forever, I can't say much actually except that I'm against it. But to react like that is sheer stupidity. What do they expect to achieve? Funny that we've always been sensitive over things like these while in fact it's those criminals ruling our countries who've ruined and disrespected Islam, which we don't seem to care about at all. We seem to be all ok with everything going on us as long as our book/prophet/rituals ain't attacked as they are apparently the only motives which could bring our people to protest, to care, to be angry. Way to overlooking the whole picture and sticking to the trivia. I'm totally against whatever which could cause such hatred and anger but if they (we, whatever, doesn't matter tbh) had been concerned as much about the place we are living in and the people we are living with, we wouldn't have lived in such turmoil today.

It is not the first time they are humiliating the Afghan people, you know. There are tens of examples. Here is one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dies-video-used-Taliban-recruitment-tool.html

First, no doubt about that. Second, that still doesn't make the recent incident an intentional one. Third, what's gonna get achieved by mourning in streets which has already led to a number of deaths? Fourth, it wasn't my point. I have lived with Afghans, I know them very well and I like them very much. This has to change. I can't say anything about the US army except that what they've been doing in the region is indefensible but I can realize the problem with people like ourselves: A burnt qoran is not why we are wretched.

---------- Post added 27.02.2012 at 11:37 ----------

Not intentional, so they are idiots! That has got to be the worst excuse ever.

And I really disagree on your view that if only Afghans realized the place would be much better. It was never in the plans for Afghanistan to be a better place, the Afghan people are completely without significance when it comes to the situation in their country. We need that country in a volatile state so we can quickly change the government if they start shutting us off. As long as oil is an international interest there will be war in Afghanistan.
    Yet another proof why they have themselves to blame.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Yet another proof why they have themselves to blame.
    Yes, it's their own fault for living under oppressive regimes supported by world powers with interests or for living under direct occupation from world powers through the last 30 years. How dare they not have a functioning society?!

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

Afghani's have humiliated themselves enough.

There's only so much sympathy you can give to the weak...at some point the weak need to rise up. To rise up you need to stop bickering amongst yourselves.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    and an honest answer, as long as you honestly seek out what's true, irrespective of past experience, and cultivate your inner peace via dealing with others in what you once again perceive to the best of your knowledge as being justly, then you are all good imho.
    What's the past experience in this case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)