Israeli-Palestinian conflict (43 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,422
    From Istanbul live on Aljazeera now:

Thousands are gathering around the Egyptian consulate throwing stones on it and threatening to put it on fire if the convoy does not pass without hurting those participating in it to Gaza.

Until now, according to AlJazeera, 20 foreign participants in the convoy were injured.

The Egyptian police arrested 7 of them:

2 Americans
    1 Kuwaiti
    1 Malaysian
    3 British

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,423
    Breaking news from Gaza: Israeli military planes hit a target. The toll is one dead and 4 injured. The guy who was killed is one of Saladdin Brigades, one of Hamas allies.
    The martyr is called Jihad Smairi. He is the first Palestinian killed by Israelis in 2010.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    ßüякε;2300965 said:
    Yea, throwing stones stops most fights...
    Throwing stones means they've reached the limit. After that it's extremism, which I hope none of those people would go for nor would they think of killing anyone. Throwing stones has also come to show us that a minority or a group of people are fed up with their or their occupiers government with how they are handling things, which is why I said, extremism comes after it. I'm not a fan of Mubarak anyway so I can see where these guys are coming from.

Apr 12, 2004
    Throwing stones means they've reached the limit. After that it's extremism, which I hope none of those people would go for nor would they think of killing anyone. Throwing stones has also come to show us that a minority or a group of people are fed up with their or their occupiers government with how they are handling things, which is why I said, extremism comes after it. I'm not a fan of Mubarak anyway so I can see where these guys are coming from.
    Eid Mubarak

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,433
    Egypt police scuffle with pro-Gaza activists

RAFAH, Egypt – Hundreds of Palestinians showered the Egyptian security forces across the border with stones on Wednesday after authorities there refused to allow part of a convoy to cross through its territory into the Gaza Strip.
    Shots were also heard on both sides of the border.

The stone throwing came after international pro-Gaza activists and Egyptian security clashed at the nearby Mediterranean port of El-Arish the night before when Egypt refused to allow part of the convoy to pass.

The intermittent clashes at the port lasted for a couple of hours and left more than 50 activists and over a dozen members of the security forces injured. Activists briefly seized some policemen as well.

The clashes add to the embarrassment of Egypt, which has come under fire from Arab and Muslim groups for cooperating with Israel in its 28-month blockade of the impoverished territory. The blockade was imposed after Hamas violently seized control of the territory from the forces of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

More than 500 international activists accompanied the convoy organized by the British-based group Viva Palestina, bringing tons of humanitarian supplies, as well as vehicles, to Gaza. The group includes British, American, Jordanian and Turkish activists and lawmakers.

The scuffle broke out late Tuesday at al-Arish port building when authorities told the organizers that out of the nearly 200 vehicles, some 59 can't enter Gaza through Egypt, but must go through Israeli terminals.

A security official said the vehicles in question are carrying pickup trucks, sedans, generators and other equipment, which are not allowed to pass through the Egyptian crossing at Rafah and had to go via Israel. Only medical aid and passengers are allowed through, the official said.

British MP George Galloway told Sky News television that the activists were negotiating with authorities and refusing to leave behind their vehicles.
    "We refused this because it's a breach of the agreement which we reached," he said. "It is completely unconscionable that 25 percent of our convoy should go to Israel and never arrive in Gaza, because nothing that goes to Israel ever arrives in Gaza."

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossam Zaki said the rules were clear from the start, and accused the activists of coordinating with Hamas to create problems. He said the private automobiles are not considered humanitarian goods, and must enter from Israel.

"We didn't mislead anyone. They have their interests ... and they want to make up problems and clash with Egypt," he told The Associated Press.
    Egyptian authorities had already refused the convoy entry into the country from the Red Sea, forcing it to change course to the Mediterranean port.
    "We are activists. We condemn the Israeli siege to start with. We will only enter through an Egyptian-Palestinian crossing," said Wael al-Sakka, a Jordanian activist.

Alice Howard, a spokeswoman for the group, said organizers were negotiating with an Egyptian security official, who said he would come back with answers. But instead, 2,000 riot police returned, spraying the activists with water cannons, and hurling rocks.

Television reports showed images of both riot police and activists hurling stones at each other and said clashes began when angry protesters attempted to leave the port area and were driven back by riot police.

Howard, speaking from London, said more than 50 activists were injured in the scuffle, including to the head and neck. The group's Web site showed images of injured activists.

An Egyptian security official said the activists used two trucks to block the port gates, burned tires, and briefly detained a police officer and four of his men. They were later released, some with broken ribs.

The official was speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

Al-Sakka, the Jordanian activist, said the police charged a peaceful sit-in at the gates of the port. He said the group was not allowed to get out of the port building, denying government claims they have took control of the premise.
    "The Egyptians were too high-strung. The police is the reason for the tension," al-Sakka said.

He said six activists were detained, including Americans and British citizens. The security official said five were detained, but didn't identify them. U.S. embassy officials did not immediately have information on the arrests.

Associated Press

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,436
    what's Egypt's motive here?
    1- To prove to USA & Israel that Mubarak lis their man in the Middle East, and consequently closing their eyes and mouths regarding horrible human rights violations in Egypt and in order to get their support for appointing Mubarak's son as the coming president.

2- Fear of losing the "generous" grants from USA (Their total is 30 billion in the last 30 years).

3- Fear of Hamas model to be transferred to Islamic movements in Egypt.

4- trying to prove to Arabs that Egypt is still having an impact on the region politics, even if that impact is negative.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    1- To prove to USA & Israel that Mubarak lis their man in the Middle East, and consequently closing their eyes and mouths regarding horrible human rights violations in Egypt and in order to get their support for appointing Mubarak's son as the coming president.

2- Fear of losing the "generous" grants from USA (Their total is 30 billion in the last 30 years).

3- Fear of Hamas model to be transferred to Islamic movements in Egypt.

4- trying to prove to Arabs that Egypt is still having an impact on the region politics, even if that impact is negative.
    the first 3 are true but not number 4 come on abed, its not like any other country in the region is even trying for Palestinian even if you call it negative at the end of the day. so egypt is trying??

you see people whether in Palestine or in turkey or in the other arab countries tend to get carried away if u ask me when it comes to palestian bec talk is cheap , bec if egypt was jordan ii'm very sure the convoy would pass and the wall would never be built the same goes to qatar, syria, libya, algeria, tunisia, yamen, etc etc.

i agree with u on a lot of points but i cant but help and listen to the other side which has to do with my own country and not think that having tunnels under a countries borders where apart from food being transported there are weapons and drugs sent even if this claim is egpytain paranoia its still not right if u ask me. this is not the first convoy from what i hear on al-jazeerah who also admit its not the first ocnvoy to pass and they usually get thru. you cant come from england and act like you r the ruler of the people or come from turkey and cos u r a parlimant member and get away with riots i mean this is a country that has its rules and whether we like it, love it, hate it, or not is a another story. when u go to any country like england, saudi, etc and u dont follow the rules even if they r wrong u get into trouble bec u cant. as for the other side of the border what do u expect when the egyptain borders are assaulted with stones or breached??? there will be a response bec these are borders and we've seen last year hot it went.

all i'm saying is lets not get carried away here with egypt bec there seems to be issues that we dont get to know about,i agree they fuel speculation but i'm pretty sure the convoy leaders are no angels either.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,439
    Fake breaking news from Egyptian TV: An Egyptian soldier is killed after being shot during clashes with Palestinians.

Almanar Tv reacts quickly: Palestinians say there were no shots from the Palestinian side. It is just to gain the Egyptian people opinion in the side of the regime.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5,440
    the first 3 are true but not number 4 come on abed, its not like any other country in the region is even trying for Palestinian even if you call it negative at the end of the day. so egypt is trying??
    Well, what I noted during my life, Ahmed, is that Egyptian politicians tend to like to be the central country in the Arab world where they affect all the destinies of other countries. That was existing during Abdennaser's reign when he went to war in Yemen and tried to impose only Egyptian leadership on Syria during the unity.

Al-Sadat tried to convince all the Arabs that his peace idiocy was right and that all of the Arabs were idiots not to do what he did, and kept trying to impose his idiocy until he was shot down.

Now, Mubarak is so angry because Hamas does not want Egypt to interfere in Prisoners' swap deal, or in the resolving of the conflict with Fateh, because there is no trust at all in the intentions of Egyptian regime. Mubarak thinks that Hamas tries to decrease his control in the Middle East (taking in consideration that his control means Israeli control), so he tries to fight Hamas to get the keys of Middle East crises back.

you see people whether in Palestine or in turkey or in the other arab countries tend to get carried away if u ask me when it comes to palestian bec talk is cheap , bec if egypt was jordan ii'm very sure the convoy would pass and the wall would never be built the same goes to qatar, syria, libya, algeria, tunisia, yamen, etc etc.
    I know other countries are not better that much, but we are talking here about forbidding food, medicine, and medical treatment, Ahmed. There was no country that dared to forbid a whole people from getting their basic human needs except the current Egypt.

I don't want Mubarak to allow weapons to get into Gaza because simply Palestinians can buy these weapons from Israeli soldiers when needed, but taking part in putting more than million people in hunger is just horrible and can not be understood ever.

i agree with u on a lot of points but i cant but help and listen to the other side which has to do with my own country and not think that having tunnels under a countries borders where apart from food being transported there are weapons and drugs sent even if this claim is egpytain paranoia its still not right if u ask me. this is not the first convoy from what i hear on al-jazeerah who also admit its not the first ocnvoy to pass and they usually get thru.
    Always, pressures are put on those that take part in these convoys to make them stop making them. It is not the first time to annoy such a convoy.

you cant come from england and act like you r the ruler of the people or come from turkey and cos u r a parlimant member and get away with riots i mean this is a country that has its rules and whether we like it, love it, hate it, or not is a another story. when u go to any country like england, saudi, etc and u dont follow the rules even if they r wrong u get into trouble bec u cant. as for the other side of the border what do u expect when the egyptain borders are assaulted with stones or breached??? there will be a response bec these are borders and we've seen last year hot it went.

all i'm saying is lets not get carried away here with egypt bec there seems to be issues that we dont get to know about,i agree they fuel speculation but i'm pretty sure the convoy leaders are no angels either.
    I do not say that rules should be broken, but are the rules logical?

Do you agree that food convoy should pass through Israel even if they don't carry anything but food? Do you know that all the food that goes via Israel does not reach to Gaza people?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)