Is this the dip? (3 Viewers)

Durden

May 11, 2006
It might be the dip, or it may not be. We just have to be patient and keep supporting Juventus through these difficult times, as that is what supporting a football club is all about. Looking towards the future and dreaming of titles and glory in a realm of uncertainty is one of the painstaking yet enjoyable facets of being a supporter. Juventus will not disappear off the face of the earth and we have years of possible success ahead of us. But one thing is for certain, we will be back to our best sometime down the road. You might win battles against Juventus, but you'll never win the war.

Good post, Martin.
Well said :tup:

When I started supporting Juve it took me many years with heartache and hating Milan before I could celebrate a scudetto, but we got there and we'll get there again. :pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #62
    Those ages read like a Milanese defence, and we all know how rubbish Milan... oh.
    Well, it depends on the transfer we get in the next couple of years. These guys (veterans) will be in decline and if we can fill the gaps, it should be okay, but will we? I don't know. The only starlet we currently have (who's definitely shown he has what it takes to shine in Serie A) is Marchionni, and it almost looks like we're about to ditch him. I'm so far unimpressed by the transfer moves we've made.

The "others" could surprise us. It doesn't happen too often, but De Rossi did and he was just a kid too.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well here is my take on the situation. All the signs look like we are heading towards a rough patch. Serie B was just the start, and then the management unveiled to the fans some of the things to come.

But i will leave that and focus on the football, the most important thing is when going through a trough is to try getting the best out of it. For example the youth of the club should be developed. Even though we don't get the wanted results on the field but we would get some positives.

Also we could get out of it soon, by making smart purchases. And focusing on the results rather the style of play. The beautiful play could come later.That with a clear objective will help a lot rather than shooting for the star.Ranieri will have to bare that burden.

Anyway i hope its just your paranoia Martin mate

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Not that I'm suggesting Ranieri's foreign record should count heavily against him, but afterall this is the guy who with Abramovic's money failed to win anything.
    Sorry for picking out a single quote of this (very good) thread, but your critisism is highly unfair. Ranieri only shared one season at Chelsea with Abramovich, where he finished second in the league, behind the Arsenal that didn´t lose a match all year. He also made the semi final of the Champions League if I´m not mistaking.

Aug 1, 2003
    i think the transfer market will eventually tell us the future of juve. sure a new squad is a risk, but it will give us an insight into the current juve plan and the credibility of this board. so ill start predicting the future once the transfer market's closed :D

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
    it is more than a dip or more worringly a change of mentality of the juve board ,the old "winning mentality" or trying to win the scudetto is thrown in the dustbin and welcome to a new mentality , the aim is to qualify CL next year so we are looking to battle with fiorentina , lazio.
    on the mercato front , with the current board juve can not compete in the same league as the milan sides.

fgh5

Feb 22, 2007
    loyada i agree with you... just what i want to say... "winning mentality" ...

You know when i see CL final between barca and milan comentary-man said smth like this "anybody can be crushed by this Milan" and his partner said "hm.. Juventus has another opinion". it was joke but...We dont play our best in those time but everyone know who we are and what we can..

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
    a lot of players are leaving :( for what i read something like this: bojinov, trezeguet, camoranesi, kovac, tudor....? whos next? why are they all leaving.. is there something we all dont know or something like that?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yeah, dipsticks abound.

Of course we're in a dip. I liken our current club situation to a worse form of illness than, say, Lazio had a few years ago where they borrowed way over their heads. And they've made it back to the top.

Not as bad as Parma with their financial scandals of their Parmalat parent company, but even they managed some salvezza (with Claudio's help ;) ).

Hang on for the ride. We're already a year into it...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, dipsticks abound.

Of course we're in a dip. I liken our current club situation to a worse form of illness than, say, Lazio had a few years ago where they borrowed way over their heads. And they've made it back to the top.
    Hmm, I can't say we're worse off than Lazio from a financial respective. We might have played in Serie B for the year but at least we didn't have bankruptcy looming over our heads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)