Is this for real?: Juve mgmt attack Tuttosport for suggesting DN isn't worthy (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Attacking Tuttosport, the clubs biggest allie in the media world is so fucking stupid. It pisses me off, for what? A scrub like Del Neri? Its like shooting yourself in the foot.
Clearly they are not much of an ally right now, for the club at least. They might be fans, but would you call yourself an ally to the club? I don't think printing baseless and unreasonable transfer stories does anything but cause the club grief. Fans can make up their own mind in regards to the team, which at this point is shit. It seems to be very unprofessional from both sides, but really our management should know a lot better than to argue with these people.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Clearly they are not much of an ally right now, for the club at least. They might be fans, but would you call yourself an ally to the club? I don't think printing baseless and unreasonable transfer stories does anything but cause the club grief. Fans can make up their own mind in regards to the team, which at this point is shit. It seems to be very unprofessional from both sides, but really our management should know a lot better than to argue with these people.
Precisely, arguing with a tabloid is a good sign that you've lost all common sense.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
:sergio:

Can't defend us in more serious stuff like farsopoli but attack Tuttosport for posting rumours and sh*t?
This is what bothers me most about this press release. They did fuck all when Gazzetta dello Inter printed doctored versions of the wiretaps to paint us as guilty. All the slander printed against Juventus in 2006 which contributed to the circus of calciopoli and ultimately a trial by media, and the entire time they never fought back. Criticize a coach whose record speaks for itself, and link the team with a dozen coaches and all of a sudden the club cares what the media write about them.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
And appointed a proper coach when Ranieri was sacked.
yeah right, if we take the sack as given, then adding a proper coach would have been necessary.

in my ranieri-love i still believe the sacking was not inevitable if they just showed some balls towards the players and backed the coach.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Tuesday 15 March, 2011
Blog: Juventus 0 Tuttosport 1

Serafino Ingardia writes on Juventus’ questionable decision to hit out at Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport

Yesterday’s Tuttosport front page: 'They defend Del Neri and attack us! Incredible statement by the club against Tuttosport who "permit themselves" to criticise the worst Juve ever'

While Juventus continue their infamous fall in Serie A, the club’s Board has opted to react to the crisis by shifting the fans and media attention to something else – a needless spat with national newspaper Tuttosport.

The Turin based publication has been targeted by the Bianconeri for its “irresponsible behaviour” in their treatment of the Old Lady. According to the club, Tuttosport have an agenda to criticise boss Luigi Del Neri, some players and directors. Juventus have also questioned Tuttosport’s role in being its fans’ main referent. But tilting at windmills clearly won’t do Juve any favours at this stage of the proceedings.

Indeed, it is a grotesque situation which underlines the confused and chaotic moment the Italian giants are going through. Even though Juve are facing the end of one of the club’s most disappointing seasons, it is surprisingly out of the Old Lady’s character to take such a stand against its local paper.

The under pressure directors must have really ran out of excuses in order to justify the team’s flop if they opted to hit out at a newspaper which, despite having its critics, has arguably been the only one close to Juve over these difficult years.

Tuttosport is indeed a people’s newspaper with its sometimes over the top reactions to failure and success, as well as its trademark transfer sagas. From its frustrating headlines to its in depth analysis of Juve’s crisis, TS has always tried to represent the fans’ voice. The paper has kept its focus on what is supposed to be the best for the club.

What seems clear is that it is not Tuttosport’s fault if Juve find themselves in the position they are in. The newspaper cannot even be accused of interfering with the club’s transfer campaign.

With so many players and Coaches linked to Juve it is practically impossible to understand whether there is concrete truth behind every story published. Perhaps sometimes not totally reliable, but there’s a big difference between that and accusing a newspaper of bad faith. If anything it was a nonsense statement a la Mourinho which will hurt Juve more than Tuttosport’s critical articles.

The outfit’s official stance against Tuttosport is also surprising, given that a section of the support think the outfit should have issued a formal complaint against La Gazzetta dello Sport over their handling of Calciopoli.

But in these political minefields, the club ended up doing the complete opposite at a stage in which further tension shouldn’t have been raised. TS is a newspaper which must be taken with a pinch of salt and almost every Juventus fan knows it. Perhaps in Corso Ferraris they have yet to understand it.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I think its incredibly stupid to hit back at Tuttosport..they're right after all!

1 Thing I can never understand is; are the Juve management the only ones who don't realize whats happening? One of the best teams in the world is being destroyed week after week and nothing is being done about it

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i am seriously ashamed at how Juve handle themselves these days, the way we treat our players, i.e. sissoko, and even legro hit out at the board members, ranieri too and more, and now the club have effectively gone against the fans and its biggest supporter in the media, Andrea and co, you are a shambolic image of the club ive sacrificed 15 years of my life for, im sorry that people like umberto and Gianni Agnelli are no longer with us to kick Andrea, lapo and John up the f*cking back side

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
i am seriously ashamed at how Juve handle themselves these days, the way we treat our players, i.e. sissoko, and even legro hit out at the board members, ranieri too and more, and now the club have effectively gone against the fans and its biggest supporter in the media, Andrea and co, you are a shambolic image of the club ive sacrificed 15 years of my life for, im sorry that people like umberto and Gianni Agnelli are no longer with us to kick Andrea, lapo and John up the f*cking back side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)