Is it okay to make fun of religion? (27 Viewers)

Is it OK to make fun of Religion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
FWIW Ze, I think the reason Seven's making such a big deal out of this, is because in a lot of European countries, groups of muslims who oppose the Western lifestyle are gaining in influence and power.
Exactly. And what's even worse: fundamentalist right wing parties see this as a possibility. Let's be honest: Islam is not compatible with western lifestyle. It's just not. Not even close. So there are choices to make. Islam has to change.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Two friggin' options. How hard can it be?

YES or NO. There is no yes, but in there, Ze. I don't see it. Do you? And why the fuck should there be? Why the fuck can I only laugh about certain aspects of Islam? I'm not muslim. I can joke about whatever the fuck I want. But no, you want censorship.

Why can't I make fun of Muhammad? I don't believe in Muhammad. I don't think he was the prophet. I think he was some random guy. I can make fun of a random in history, can't I? I mean, people can make fun of Napoleon FFS. And Napoleon wasn't some random guy. But Muhammad was.
Should I be allowed to make fun of black people in the same manner you want to make fun of Prophet Muhammad? Should I be able to make fun of Jews and the holocaust? Should I be able to?

Don't accuse me of censorship, you've made it a crime to deny the holocaust ffs. It's illegal to 'believe' that the holocaust never occurred, can you believe it :lol:

Aug 1, 2003
And why can't there be a yes, but option? Obviously this can never be a simple of a 'yes' and 'no' matter. You can joke and comment but up to a certain limit no? Not just about religion, about anything. Make excessive jokes about the jews in the holocaust, I think you'd get the same reaction..?

edit: holocaust reference was coincidental lol

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Should I be allowed to make fun of black people in the same manner you want to make fun of Prophet Muhammad? Should I be able to make fun of Jews and the holocaust? Should I be able to?

Don't accuse me of censorship, you've made it a crime to deny the holocaust ffs. It's illegal to 'believe' that the holocaust never occurred, can you believe it :lol:
You are able to make fun of Jews and the Holocaust. In Belgium you are. In a democracy you are.

It's not illegal to believe that the holocaust never occurred. Check your facts, muslim boy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And why can't there be a yes, but option? Obviously this can never be a simple of a 'yes' and 'no' matter. You can joke and comment but up to a certain limit no? Not just about religion, about anything. Make excessive jokes about the jews in the holocaust, I think you'd get the same reaction..?

The holocaust reference was not coincidental.

Yes, but = censorship.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
FWIW Ze, I think the reason Seven's making such a big deal out of this, is because in a lot of European countries, groups of muslims who oppose the Western lifestyle are gaining in influence and power.
You really don't need to make excuses for Seven's behavior.

I'm not going to accept that he generalizes over a billion people. I certainly don't think all atheists are ignorant, inconsiderate, and rude as Seven is.

Last time someone generalized six million jews and homosexuals lost their lives. Oh, and they live next door to this maniac and so called champion of freedom of speech.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You really don't need to make excuses for Seven's behavior.

I'm not going to accept that he generalizes over a billion people. I certainly don't think all atheists are ignorant, inconsiderate, and rude as Seven is.

Last time someone generalized six million jews and homosexuals lost their lives. Oh, and they live next door to this maniac and so called champion of freedom of speech.
Comparing me to Hitler is just fine, but saying Muhammad sucked dick for a living is wrong. Why is that?

Huh? I was referring to me and Ze using it as a reference and posting it at the same time
I know. Not a coincidence.

Jan 7, 2004

no, because religion is a choice and being born black or jewish is not. two completely different things

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Honest. I'm half tempted to start a new thread with a poll:

"Would you like Seven and Martin to shut up already with their incessant religious whining? Yes/No"
I haven't started a single one of those polls. And they're all valid questions.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #74

The basic question is "are there subjects that are not open for ridicule?" To which I would say no there aren't any.

It goes without saying that picking your words, your timing etc determines how many friends or enemies you make.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I haven't started a single one of those polls. And they're all valid questions.
    The circular and repetitive nature is a form of torture for those of us bystanders. Just FYI.

Like listening to a Philip Glass album for several weeks straight.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    The circular and repetitive nature is a form of torture for those of us bystanders. Just FYI.

Like listening to a Philip Glass album for several weeks straight.
    No one says you have to read all this crap. You know I'm right anyway.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    You are able to make fun of Jews and the Holocaust. In Belgium you are. In a democracy you are.

It's not illegal to believe that the holocaust never occurred. Check your facts, muslim boy.
    We all know to what extent they can make fun of, don't act innocent.

And you can sugar coat the laws all you want it's still ridiculous and very much against freedom of speech to be punished for denying the holocaust.

Of the countries that ban Holocaust denial, a number (Austria, Germany, and Romania) were among the perpetrators of the Holocaust, and many of these also ban other elements associated with Nazism, such as Nazi symbols. Additionally, scholars have pointed out that countries that specifically ban Holocaust denial generally have legal systems that limit speech in other ways, such as banning hate speech.

-wiki

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #79
    no, because religion is a choice and being born black or jewish is not. two completely different things
    Actually I don't think there's anything wrong with making fun of black people. Black people and white people do it all the time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    We all know to what extent they can make fun of, don't act innocent.

And you can sugar coat the laws all you want it's still ridiculous and very much against freedom of speech to be punished for denying the holocaust.
    It didn't even mention Belgium. You said we are not allowed to believe the Holocaust didn't take place. We are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)