Ireland v Italy (17th August, friendly) (8 Viewers)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Second half was fairly blah for Italy. All the subs took something out of the game. I thought their best players in the second half were Diana and Iaquinta.

Ireland forced Roma into a nice save at about the 87th minute. Also, Ireland scored a very, very nice goal from Clinton Morrison at the 92nd minute, but it was called back for a hand ball.

FT Ireland 1-2 Italy

10' Pirlo
30' Gilardino
31' Reid

Roma - Zaccardo, Nesta(Materazzi), Cannavaro(Barzagli), Zambrotta - Gattuso, De Rossi(Diana), Pirlo(Barone) - Del Piero(Grosso) - Vieri, Gilardino(Iaquinta)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
ok,,, calm down people... seems that all injuryes (Cann,Thuram and Vieira) are minor injuries... at least thats we I have heard...

But I would defenetly will sanck our technical staff!! :groan:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
They may not be injured, but if I were Capello or Moggi I will have a serious conversation with the poeple in charge of the physical part of the team ...

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
ok,,, calm down people... seems that all injuryes (Cann,Thuram and Vieira) are minor injuries... at least thats we I have heard...

But I would defenetly will sanck our technical staff!! :groan:
But were not the injuries play related? (ie, it's not like the player was running down the field and just came up lame. Right?)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
They may not be injured, but if I were Capello or Moggi I will have a serious conversation with the poeple in charge of the physical part of the team ...
why is that?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

And it was immediately reported on the sideline that it was a nothing injury.
I think it is minor, but I'll wait until the doc in Turin examines him and says it is nothing before I believe the sideline reporter. You can tell I've become cynical about these injuries :cheesy:

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Agreed, let's get Gasperini back :D

Strong ? though as I can't remeber was it Gasperini who was that fitness coach few years back.

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
Milan cleans up once again. One goal a piece for Gila and Pirlo. My 2 favorite Azzurri. Too bad Vieri didn't net a few, I heard he came close (as always I guess).

Forza Azzurri!

Camoranesi16

Jul 23, 2005
there is one problem with the national side. When a player looses the ball, the other 9 on the field start complaining... I've never seen players in spain, england or france complain when a player looses the ball.

There were 2 points in the game when you could see this.. once when gatytuso lost the ball and vieri started screaming at him.. and once when DP lost the ball and the whole team just sunk their head.. not good!

Aug 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Camoranesi16 ] ++
there is one problem with the national side. When a player looses the ball, the other 9 on the field start complaining... I've never seen players in spain, england or france complain when a player looses the ball.

There were 2 points in the game when you could see this.. once when gatytuso lost the ball and vieri started screaming at him.. and once when DP lost the ball and the whole team just sunk their head.. not good!

Well Del Piero assisted, its like what ? 11 months he hasn't played for the national team..if it weren't for him we wouldn't have seen a 2-1.

give him some space jeez :(

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Good to hear that DP got an assist on his return. I hope Canna's injury doesn't prohibit him from playing in the Supercup on Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)