Ireland v Italy (17th August, friendly) (1 Viewer)

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Dp played pretty good for a guy who doesnt like that position, im very happy that hell be on the team again, i just want him to get in a good physical and mental condition because as much as people dont like to admit we really do need him on the national side, starter or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #82
    Congratulations to the Italians. They deserved their victory, which makes them the first team to beat Ireland in Lansdowne Road in a long, long time. I think, having seent he replays that Morrisson's goal should have stood - it was clearly an unintentional hand ball. Perhaps the rules state differently though - I'm not sure. Regardless, it would have been an undeserved draw.

With no Robbie Keane, we were blunt up front, barring the last twenty minutes of the first half. With no Keane, and with Holland injured, I wasn't too impressed with our midfield, though O'Shea did okay there, and Stephen Reid was useful enough.

Roma was very unsound. I wouldn't have selected him to begin with, but Italy have to have better keepers than that.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
    Well done to DP! he has taken his chances well......let;s hope he is in the azzurri's final list...
    nobody is guarantee a place now..coz u can;t count out injuries, sickness etc..

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I think that Del Piero will go to Germany if he keeps on playing like he is, but I am sure he will be the key sub and not a starter.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    High tempo first half with good moves by Italy. However Duff caused a lot problems for the right back until Canna decided to take him on. Roma was very insecure & he needs tons of confidence before he can be Buffon's replacement. Right back was awful. At times the mid was non-existent. I think Ireland did pretty well. DP looked fit & did a lot of running.
    My MOM - Cannavaro! He was all over the defence & his crucial interventions were all classy. His header towards goal was saved but obly for Pirlo to score.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    I am a liitle concerned about our defense. Since Lippi has been in charge, it hasnt resembled the true "water-tight" defense that azzurri teams of the past have demonstrated.

I was getting angry watching all the Irish attacks that were just misses. They shouldnt have even got close to our net, let alone scored a goal.

Pirlo played his ass off, was the MOM, IMO...

For all those who think Vieri is a has been...guess again !! Bobo did everything but score a damn goal, he gave the Irish defense many fits. Anyone who thinks Toni or Iaquinta is going to push him out of the NT is smoking way too much crack !!!

DP had an assist on Gila's goal, and did fine playing in a position that isnt really his favored.

"stumbles" Diana doesnt belong on the team, along with Zaccardo (bring back Panucci !!) and Materazzi had a fair game, but his thug-like mentality will cost us if he plays in the WC

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    I am a liitle concerned about our defense. Since Lippi has been in charge, it hasnt resembled the true "water-tight" defense that azzurri teams of the past have demonstrated.

I was getting angry watching all the Irish attacks that were just misses. They shouldnt have even got close to our net, let alone scored a goal.

Pirlo played his ass off, was the MOM, IMO...

For all those who think Vieri is a has been...guess again !! Bobo did everything but score a damn goal, he gave the Irish defense many fits. Anyone who thinks Toni or Iaquinta is going to push him out of the NT is smoking way too much crack !!!

DP had an assist on Gila's goal, and did fine playing in a position that isnt really his favored.

"stumbles" Diana doesnt belong on the team, along with Zaccardo (bring back Panucci !!) and Materazzi had a fair game, but his thug-like mentality will cost us if he plays in the WC
    Vinman i dont think that Lippi is a man who really focuses on midfield. If you look at his career at Juve he always really had a strong midfield, because he knows that Midfield wins soccer games. And right now italy has one of the if not the best midfield in the world. If he keeps this up i think we will be a good team to win the world cup. And u also gotta remember that when we go into a tournament and we hit the quaters it starts to take a toll on the players so its good to have guys like toni when vieri is tired and thats why i think slowly del piero and totti will alternate that position which isnt neccesarily a bad thing.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    Am I the only Juventus fan who wish Italy to get beaten every game they play? Meanwhile I of course want the Juventus players to play well. But still.
    I dislike the Italian NT almost as much as the English.

I see people here talk about Italy in terms of "we". "Yes, WE won!". And then I see location: Malaysia, or Netherlands or whatever.

So I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way. :D

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++
    Am I the only Juventus fan who wish Italy to get beaten every game they play? Meanwhile I of course want the Juventus players to play well. But still.
    I dislike the Italian NT almost as much as the English.

I see people here talk about Italy in terms of "we". "Yes, WE won!". And then I see location: Malaysia, or Netherlands or whatever.

So I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way. :D
    Yes :)

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
    Well King Ale dont expect him to keep it, that is for the "golden" totti. Because we all know he "surely" deserves it.
    totti deserves it. he is a better player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)