Inler And D'Agostino (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Almiron is not such a bad player, he was pretty impressive at Empoli,
thatt doesnt mean that such player will be as impressive at a club like Juve,
or that they will all end up like Almiron and F. O'Neil...

There were some certain reasons Almiron failed to have any impact at all in our squad.
And only one of them, was his limited skills.
The role that CR asked him to play and the role our team needed of him to play were not compatible.
Our weak defense cried for a need of a second DM to support them and Almiron could barely deliver at his offensive duties.
If we call him back right now, with a slightly increased defense (functionally, mostly because of the increased play time and teamwork) and the important addition of a hard core, ultra active DM, like Sissoko to compensate.
Almiron would probably have had some better chances to adapt and prove himself.
The chances that Tiago enjoys atm And the chances that DAgostino will enjoy next year...

Therefore i dont believe that DAgostino will be an instant failure like Almiron,
but he may be a long term failure like Tiago. Tiago is probably an even better player (quality wise) But DAgostino is Italian and hasnt missed an entire season, like Tiago they moment we got him.

Thats why i would favor such a player instead of Poulsen.
BUT since we already have Poulsen, Zanetti, Marchisio and Sissoko, i cant see the need to add one more mediocre midfielder, either be DM, CM or any other combo between them.
We already have enough of them and we should aim for less but more reliable players, players who actually have a future within our team as starters,
players with a potential to grow and become top class.
Players that will enable us to compete with the best and make the next step ahead...

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Almiron is not such a bad player, he was pretty impressive at Empoli,
thatt doesnt mean that such player will be as impressive at a club like Juve,
or that they will all end up like Almiron and F. O'Neil...

There were some certain reasons Almiron failed to have any impact at all in our squad.
And only one of them, was his limited skills.
The role that CR asked him to play and the role our team needed of him to play were not compatible.
Our weak defense cried for a need of a second DM to support them and Almiron could barely deliver at his offensive duties.
If we call him back right now, with a slightly increased defense (functionally, mostly because of the increased play time and teamwork) and the important addition of a hard core, ultra active DM, like Sissoko to compensate.
Almiron would probably have had some better chances to adapt and prove himself.
The chances that Tiago enjoys atm And the chances that DAgostino will enjoy next year...

Therefore i dont believe that DAgostino will be an instant failure like Almiron,
but he may be a long term failure like Tiago. Tiago is probably an even better player (quality wise) But DAgostino is Italian and hasnt missed an entire season, like Tiago they moment we got him.

Thats why i would favor such a player instead of Poulsen.
BUT since we already have Poulsen, Zanetti, Marchisio and Sissoko, i cant see the need to add one more mediocre midfielder, either be DM, CM or any other combo between them.
We already have enough of them and we should aim for less but more reliable players, players who actually have a future within our team as starters,
players with a potential to grow and become top class.
Players that will enable us to compete with the best and make the next step ahead...
good post man !!!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
WTF are you talking about? What difference is thier between Almiron or this D'agostino? zilch. If the club want to sign a CM why not sign a quality one in Hamsik instead of wasting money on garbage. Some fans on here are imbeciles, its almost as if they want to continue to sign rubbish players and happliy settle for mediocre league finishes, you'vbe been brainwashed by those fags Secco, Gigli and Ranieri.
hamsik plays for a 'average' team like napoli or so at least you stated, as does d'agostino so whats the difference?

yet you want zapata from an average team like udinese, so i dont get where you are comming from with all that

maybe you are slovenian and anti italian

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
WTF are you talking about? What difference is thier between Almiron or this D'agostino? zilch. If the club want to sign a CM why not sign a quality one in Hamsik instead of wasting money on garbage. Some fans on here are imbeciles, its almost as if they want to continue to sign rubbish players and happliy settle for mediocre league finishes, you'vbe been brainwashed by those fags Secco, Gigli and Ranieri.
I dont exactly think we can afford Hamsik to be honest. I would love to have Hamsik at Juve, but i seriously doubt any of this will happen. I like D'Agostino and he would do a terrific job at Juve, much better than Almiron or Tiago will ever do. D'Agostino is having a good season this year and i hope to see him in the Juve shirt come June or July. I dont think that is the area we need to focus on renforcing to much but i would welcome a player like D'agostino into the team. I still think the left wing and the RB spot are the trouble spots at the moment!

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
1. D'Agostino is not a defensive player at all. He's a Pirlo type midfielder.

2. At this moment, after 17 rounds in serie A, he's the leagues best distributor of the ball (leads the passes list)
http://sport.alice.it/calcio/serie-a/statistiche/giocatori/passaggi.html

3. He's the second best assistman of the league (with 5 assists he shares the 2nd place)
http://sport.alice.it/calcio/serie-a/statistiche/giocatori/assist.html

4. He's among the top10, 6th actually, in the Crosses list
http://sport.alice.it/calcio/serie-a/statistiche/giocatori/cross.html

I believe you will all agree that we're talking about a playmaker here, and a very solid one. He's very creative and that's what you've all been asking for.
Now, you can doubt his quality, but at least acknowledge his very good season and don't make a false picture of him. He's not a DM like the ones we have in the team and when you said that we're raising up a collection of DMCs, you were wrong to include him among the other DMCs we have.

Thank you Alen for the info. I admit that only you provide us with real arguments. The others just merely being realistic

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Those stats are rigged though. :p

Like I said before, stats are stats. Some people can use them to win arguments and it looks good. I love stats and they can bring some facts to the table but if you only look at those and not other factors then for example, Cristiano Doni would be playing for a BIG European club right now. Hell, even Lorenzo Stovini if you look at the votes he gets in the gazzetta etc...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
1. D'Agostino is not a defensive player at all. He's a Pirlo type midfielder.

2. At this moment, after 17 rounds in serie A, he's the leagues best distributor of the ball (leads the passes list)
http://sport.alice.it/calcio/serie-a/statistiche/giocatori/passaggi.html

3. He's the second best assistman of the league (with 5 assists he shares the 2nd place)
http://sport.alice.it/calcio/serie-a/statistiche/giocatori/assist.html

4. He's among the top10, 6th actually, in the Crosses list
http://sport.alice.it/calcio/serie-a/statistiche/giocatori/cross.html

I believe you will all agree that we're talking about a playmaker here, and a very solid one. He's very creative and that's what you've all been asking for.
Now, you can doubt his quality, but at least acknowledge his very good season and don't make a false picture of him. He's not a DM like the ones we have in the team and when you said that we're raising up a collection of DMCs, you were wrong to include him among the other DMCs we have.
He is having a great season. But i somehow doubt his ability to step up a level and play for a team like Juve. I think it would be an unnecessary signing and a risky one at that too. There are 5 players in your squad that are competing for the two central midfield places, one of them who is young, promising and in need of games to aid his development(Marchisio).

While i think a creative central midfielder would be a very good addition to Juve, i think D'Agostino is just a glorified Liverani. He can't tackle, he can't mark and is not good enough defensively to play in a 2 man central midfield.

They call him a DM and the guy doesn't even know what marking and tackling means. I've said it a couple of times already, he's a little faster Fabio Liverani.
:agree:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Stats can be interpreted in different ways by different people. Makelele had a better successful passes ratio than Cesc last season, does that mean he's a better passer. Watching matches is what one should rely on to judge players, not a bunch of numbers imo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Stats can be interpreted in different ways by different people. Makelele had a better successful passes ratio than Cesc last season, does that mean he's a better passer. Watching matches is what one should rely on to judge players, not a bunch of numbers imo.
Not sure how its elsewhere, but in calcio, they differentiate between overall passes ratio, defensive rations and lastly (and most importantly) offensive passing ratio. D'Agostino is leading in all of them, the most vital one being the offensive passes.

So in this regard, there is no way Makelele's 2m passes would make him look better then Cesc statistically only. Cesc would have better ratio then him in the kind of passing that matters.

And oh, D'Agostino is unnecessary signing for sure, and would only like him as a squad depth if Zanetti (and perhaps Tiago too) leaves, being 3-4th choice kinda thing. But want us to sign a top creative CM first and foremost, before thinking of depth signings like him. Dont want us to settle with him at all (like we did with Poulsen). Even if he gets mislabled around here as a DM, as Alen accurately debunked (He started out a trequartista FFS, and cant tackle for shit).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't understand the fuss created by the stats i gave. The only purpose of those stats was to show Cronios that D'Agostino isn't a DMC, or at least to show that he's a different type of player than the ones we already have in CM.
If someone ranks so high in all those lists (passing, crossing, assisting goals) then you don't even have to watch a single Udinese match to conclude that he's a playmaker and a player who's much more offensive than defensive.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not sure how its elsewhere, but in calcio, they differentiate between overall passes ratio, defensive rations and lastly (and most importantly) offensive passing ratio. D'Agostino is leading in all of them, the most vital one being the offensive passes.

So in this regard, there is no way Makelele's 2m passes would make him look better then Cesc statistically only. Cesc would have better ratio then him in the kind of passing that matters.

And oh, D'Agostino is unnecessary signing for sure, and would only like him as a squad depth if Zanetti (and perhaps Tiago too) leaves, being 3-4th choice kinda thing. But want us to sign a top creative CM first and foremost, before thinking of depth signings like him. Dont want us to settle with him at all (like we did with Poulsen). Even if he gets mislabled around here as a DM, as Alen accurately debunked (He started out a trequartista FFS, and cant tackle for shit).
He is certainly not a DM, i'm not arguing with that. He is obviously a deep lying playmaker. Interesting what you say about how they differentiate between offensive passes and overall passing ratio. They should do that in the EPL, as it is a better indication of who is the better passer.

I don't understand the fuss created by the stats i gave. The only purpose of those stats was to show Cronios that D'Agostino isn't a DMC, or at least to show that he's a different type of player than the ones we already have in CM.
If someone ranks so high in all those lists (passing, crossing, assisting goals) then you don't even have to watch a single Udinese match to conclude that he's a playmaker and a player who's much more offensive than defensive.
Oh definitely. My mistake was not reading Cronios's post (who does? :D).Only now did i realize Cronios was actually saying D'Agostino is a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)