Inler And D'Agostino (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I see him him to be perfect as a rotation/back-up player.He's not bad at all and I think he'd fit in here.His passing is pretty much great and he improved a lot since he left Rome.
But as he started great so far,his price could be a problem and I don't think we can afford that much if we just want him as a back-up player.So,by saying that,we would probably sign him for our first team plans.And I'm not so sure about that.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
In simple terms, D'Agostino is too good for a team such as Udinese but not good enough for a scudetto winning team. Without going into too much detail about his game, I doubt he'd add enough substance to justify buying him in the first place

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sissoko, Poulsen, Marchisio, Tiago, Zanetti, Ekdal.

At the moment we have 6 CMs fighting for 2 places. In reality it's 5 midfielders fighting for 2 places because Ekdal is not a candidate for the first team yet.
5 for 2 is more than enough and it's obvious that if we buy D'Agostino one of those 5 players will have to leave.
Since D'Agostino isn't a ball winner he can only replace on of the more creative players : Tiago or Zanetti.

Selling Tiago or Zanetti won't bring us more money than what we'll have to pay for D'Agostino, and wage wise we won't make a nice profit either.
Quality wise i also don't see D'Agostino bringing much more than what Tiago and especially Zanetti can offer to the team.

The only new dimension he can bring is playing as a deep lying playmaker, something we don't have in the team.
That's the only pro argument for buying D'Agostino to replace Tiago, because with D'Agostino instead of Tiago we will have everything covered in CM. We will have good ball winners, great tacklers, good passer, creative CM, pacey players, players with good positioning etc.

Personally i'm undecided on this one. If we're planning to invest good money for CM then i don't want D'Agostino. I'd prefer a box-to-box midfielder or a midfielder with similar characteristics as D'Agostino but of higher quality.
But if we don't plan to invest much and we're only looking for someone to replace Tiago, then D'Agostino is ok, i guess.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
:tup:
Sissoko, Poulsen, Marchisio, Tiago, Zanetti, Ekdal.

At the moment we have 6 CMs fighting for 2 places. In reality it's 5 midfielders fighting for 2 places because Ekdal is not a candidate for the first team yet.
5 for 2 is more than enough and it's obvious that if we buy D'Agostino one of those 5 players will have to leave.
Since D'Agostino isn't a ball winner he can only replace on of the more creative players : Tiago or Zanetti.

Selling Tiago or Zanetti won't bring us more money than what we'll have to pay for D'Agostino, and wage wise we won't make a nice profit either.
Quality wise i also don't see D'Agostino bringing much more than what Tiago and especially Zanetti can offer to the team.

The only new dimension he can bring is playing as a deep lying playmaker, something we don't have in the team.
That's the only pro argument for buying D'Agostino to replace Tiago, because with D'Agostino instead of Tiago we will have everything covered in CM. We will have good ball winners, great tacklers, good passer, creative CM, pacey players, players with good positioning etc.

Personally i'm undecided on this one. If we're planning to invest good money for CM then i don't want D'Agostino. I'd prefer a box-to-box midfielder or a midfielder with similar characteristics as D'Agostino but of higher quality.
But if we don't plan to invest much and we're only looking for someone to replace Tiago, then D'Agostino is ok, i guess.
Quality post, spot on, cant even add to it really :tup: good post as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)