"In March they're coming for Gonzalo (Rodríguez) and Romagnoli" (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
i have to disagree, Gasbarroni could well have a future at juve, he has been a fantastic player for palermo, thus we really should bring him back.
brighi seemed like the next big thing to come out of italy when he was at bologna...he showed more promise than gasba and look at what juve did to him:frown:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
that wasnt lippi's fault, that was moggi's fault. we should have sold davids back then, got the money for as many wanted him. and used brighi as he would have relished at juve instead of being discouraged at parma on the bench. anyway, thats another issue altogether.

Aug 1, 2003
Still, but look at Chiumento- I've only seen him play when he came on as subs and all, and to be honest I don't know how well he would do in the future, but for Lippi to give him a chance says something, that shows that the boy is good enough to earn himself a chance to be in the senior squad.

Therefore, if youngsters are not given much chances I'm just saying we shan't blame it ALL on Lippi alone, it is partly the youngster's job to earn his chance.

Oh I'm going in riddles, forget it :D

Jul 28, 2002
maybe we should start playin some of the more promising players, i now its obvious, but maybe lippi should have kept brighi rather letting him go on loan, which has recked brighi.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Still, but look at Chiumento- I've only seen him play when he came on as subs and all, and to be honest I don't know how well he would do in the future, but for Lippi to give him a chance says something, that shows that the boy is good enough to earn himself a chance to be in the senior squad.

Therefore, if youngsters are not given much chances I'm just saying we shan't blame it ALL on Lippi alone, it is partly the youngster's job to earn his chance.

Oh I'm going in riddles, forget it :D
sally, remember a few seasons back? guzman was given a chance against arsenal and played well for his first game. we havent seen him since. the same with pericard, he did well also. just a different scenario for you.

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

the next zambrotta,only less hardworking and more explosive.

a real prospect.
next zambrotta?
wow...if and only if he's more hardworking...
but i dunt mind :D
the idea of having explosive winger did cheer me up
he's playing winger rite? :confused:

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Kaka was already a world champ (although he didnt play too much) before he arrived to Milan. He was not world star, but considered as the brightest talent of brasilian football. Its not fair to compare his case to the cases of Scully, Gasbarroni or Oliveira.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
sally, remember a few seasons back? guzman was given a chance against arsenal and played well for his first game. we havent seen him since. the same with pericard, he did well also. just a different scenario for you.
Which is exactly why Chiumento probably won't stay either. The only difference I see between his case and the others' is the fact that he's had his debut and sat on the bench. Also received praise from Trap. But that doesn't mean he's getting his chance.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
Its not fair to compare his case to the cases of Scully
I think it's not that different, since the case of Scully was a bit of an X-File

:rofl:

Sorry, I've had a long day :sleepy:

OP
Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #73
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Welcome back mago. Too bad the only game I saw this year of San Lorenzo you lost 4-0. :shocked:
    HA! Yeah... That wasn't the best game you could have seen... But don't tell me that score wasn't deceiveful! Our team was the one attacking all the time in the first half and they just were too lucky to score first. And then in the second half they found themselves scoring two identical goals from corner kicks...

I know Gonzalo had that mistake on Racing's first goal... But anyway, what did you think of his performance overall?

Could you also catch a glimpse of Leandro Romagnoli?

By the way, I'm curious... How many games from the Argentine league do you get to see on your local TV? Only what is known as the Sunday derby or you also get the Friday night game, the two Saturday games and the two Sunday games (including the derby)?

I can't believe no other top team wants Gonzalo. I find it a bit odd. :confused:
    Well, well, well... Here comes the big UPDATE I've got for you...

Remember I told you that more important teams would be asking about Gonzalo after that Ukranian team?

Well it happens that the Ukranian team was F.C. Shakhtar Donetsk. And let me make it clear that that team was FIRST interested in Rodríguez. It was ONCE Gonzalo had turned down their offer that they decided to focus on Burdisso, NOT THE OTHER WAY ABOUT, as our ignorant press (always addicted to Boca and River) will like to put it. Believe me, I have my sources and the offer to Gonzalo came a Wednesday and all the talk about Burdisso was the week after...

Anyways, on our last game but one, we had visitors from France. That's right. Representatives from Paris St. Germain came with their South American scout to see Gonzalo Rodríguez play live against Nueva Chicago. Believe me when I tell you that they must have fallen in love with him because he had a great performance. In fact, he has been having very solid performances since the season got started. If it weren't for our lousy scoring, we would be in the first places... :down:

I also taped that game and the reporter covering San Lorenzo announced that more clubs had been asking about Gonzalo in the last days... Apart from that offer from Ukraine, there was another one from Russia, this very serious interest from Paris St. Germain and...

REAL MADRID

VALENCIA

DEPORTIVO LA CORUÑA

Yeah, Real Madrid does really need good defenders with all their Galactics on the offense, don't you think?

Anyways, if you ask me, I say the most serious offer right now comes from Paris. They have already been here and all so if Juventus doesn't make a move quickly, I don't see Gonzalo in Italy. And I really bet that Paris St. Germain will also want to pick Romagnoli since Leandro had a great game that night, too.

By the way, for those who asked me about Romagnoli, let me just say that he's considered the best playmaker of our League. You are probably going to think I'm exaggerating, but just think about Del Piero... Well, Romagnoli is three times as good as Alessandro. Oh, and add REAL dribbling skills and a GREAT court vision to that. Some people here were talking about Udinese's Pizarro for a good move to Juve. All I can say is HA-HA-HA! that guy doesn't even deserve to appear in the same line with Romagnoli, who belongs to the last generation of really good playmakers in Argentina and just turned 23 one week ago.

But don't worry guys. In the next week or so I'll be getting a new computer and I'll go over all my tapes of Romagnoli and Gonzalo and I'll see if I can edit some highlight clips so that you can see for yourselves.

What I do wonder is how many of you have actually SEEN Gonzalo play. Because many of you say that it would be a good addition but at the same time you say he should be loaned out. Based on what?

Oh, I almost forget! Gonzalo was called yesterday for the Argentine National Team. He's only 19 years old and he's already in the first team. Yay! He'll probably be filling in for Walter Samuel, who is suspended. So those of you who can get to see the match against Ecuador this next Tuesday at 20.30 - local time -, please do so and judge for yourselves!

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Hey Mago!
    I only get the Sunday game and I think it's a tape delay from saturday.
    I can't make an acurate judgment on him b/c of the only game I saw. I'll try to watch more games of SL but they show boca and river most of the time.

cya soon

aman

Feb 9, 2004
    Magosantana, I love your posts!

According to reports from calciomercato.com, Juve have sent officials to Argentina to finalize the deal taking Gonzalo Rodriguez to Juve. Hasn't this been mentioned in the press over there? If it's true that we have until the end of the month to make a new offer, then we still have another 2 days to make it happen and our hope lives on!

I have seen neither Gonzalo nor Romagnoli play, but your words are so convincing that we still want to see them wear the bianconero jersey! :D

I doubt however that Romagnoli is 3 times better than Del Piero, whom I consider being one of the best players in the world when on decent form.

Does Romagnoli have a european passport? Otherwise, I think it's highely unlikely that we'll get him. How much do you think San Lorenzo would want for him? Is he valued higher than Rodriguez?

Waiting for more news!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    now that he's gotten a callup to the NT,many of our rivals will be lining up for him.

moggi's gotta act fast if we're gonna get gonzalo here.

Oct 1, 2002
    source = channel4.com

Udinese transfer guru PierPaolo Marino has confirmed that a new Argentine starlet is the replacement for Juventus-bound David Pizarro.

“Leandro Romagnoli is a player that is certainly of interest to us,” revealed the director general.

“We are only waiting for the right moment to complete the deal, and that will be when we sell Pizarro.”

The 23-year-old creative midfielder is already a hero with his club San Lorenzo and is set to be the latest in a long line of South American starlets discovered by Udinese’s network of talent scouts.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    source = channel4.com

Udinese transfer guru PierPaolo Marino has confirmed that a new Argentine starlet is the replacement for Juventus-bound David Pizarro.

“Leandro Romagnoli is a player that is certainly of interest to us,” revealed the director general.

“We are only waiting for the right moment to complete the deal, and that will be when we sell Pizarro.”

The 23-year-old creative midfielder is already a hero with his club San Lorenzo and is set to be the latest in a long line of South American starlets discovered by Udinese’s network of talent scouts.

yeah... he well be wearing black and white allright..:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)