In hindsight, are you happy that we're out of the EL and Coppa? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy that we're out of the EL and Coppa?

• Yes, it's better for us to completely focus on the League

• No, we should be aiming for success on all fronts

• It doesn't make any difference

• I wish we'd stayed in the EL, I don't care about the Coppa

• I wish we'd stayed in the Coppa, I don't care about the EL

Results are only viewable after voting.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
This thread was triggered by me opening up the upcoming fixture list, seeing that Man City were playing against Aris Saloniki and thinking "gosh I don't envy them one bit".

In the immediate aftermath of being knocked out of the EL and Coppa Italia, our results were nonetheless poor and everyone was mocking those who said that they hoped we'd get knocked out so we could concentrate on Serie A.

But it's been a while since we got knocked out of the cups, and apart from the humiliation and initial anger, if I were given the choice I'd choose elimination again.

It makes no sense to be tiring out our players and risking injuries in three competitions, when we won't benefit greatly even if we do go all the way. Sure, there's a degree restoration of our reputation and some bragging rights involved, but our ultimate aims are Champions League qualification and returning to dominance in Serie A, and for me it seems short-sighted to be aiming for meaningless 'success' without significant financial gain or something like automatic qualification to the CL.

What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have an inkling that success tends to be proportional to ambition. You try as hard as you do based on how high you set the bar. Okay, empty philosophizing. But suppose we were still in the EL or Coppa now, do you really think we would be doing any worse in Serie A?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
It would have been nice to win at least one trophy this season but keeping everything into perspective it is good that we are out.

Krasic has been running on all reserves since allmost a year without breaks,aqua fakes out after second half,Iaq has his periods every match day and the team was breaking down with injuries. But its not the physical fatigue that's gripping them,i dont think it is hard for them to play 2 hours a week,its more mental.

So im happy we are outta EL and coppa.Gives us a better chance at CL next year.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
I'm not happy about being kicked out but I really don't care about the EL or Coppa. So elimination didn't really upset me much then and thinking back on it I don't get upset now.

Also I don't think we really would be in a worse position if we were still in the two other comps.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
We support Juventus, not Udinese. It's totally & completely unacceptable to accept defeat & try to make it seem like it wasn't that important. We are trying to re-establish ourselves amongst Europe's elite & to change our overall image internationally.

We can't do that if we continuously crash out of competitions however small or insignificant they may seem, we lose the glamor & attraction this club had. Only losers set their standards low & make excuses when they fail, we need to change our mind set & get back where we belong. That's on top of Italy with the scudetto in hand & wiping the floor with the likes of real and barca by winning the CL.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
I agree about our image but I don't think we'd increase our image if we won the coppa. Winning the EL on the other hand would have looked better but I still don't think it's that significant.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I found it pathetic how we used EL and coppa as excuses of distraction and slowing us down. Theres clubs out there who play twice the amount of football we do in a season, yet we find it as an excuse to just focus on the league. Everything else means nothing. If thats the case, come this season if we dont make CL, then we shouldnt be hoping for EL either. Whichever competition your in, it should be respected. I dont believe we would have been in any worse position than we are with EL and Coppa, its just lazy man mentality.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
For all of you "aiming for success on all front" good luck when barza gets injured in a el match. We are truly in a transition period, yes we are great club but we need to cut our coat according to size. We don't have anywhere enough depth to make a deep run in the EL. For now I'm glad we are pushing all our resources towards a top four.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I agree about our image but I don't think we'd increase our image if we won the coppa. Winning the EL on the other hand would have looked better but I still don't think it's that significant.
Serie A gets a lot of coverage in Asia, middle east countries & countries like Japan, China & S Korea really do follow it. So to say it doesn't matter is way off the mark. It's not only about improving our image but the more games we play, the exposure our team gets. More tv revenue plus more fans that purchase merchandise.

Lets not forget if the team were still in the EL & played decently, some potential players would see that the team at least has some ambition & that the team is going somewhere. Some players actually like the challenge of helping a team grow & find it's roots.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Have you ever thought playing more often can help team cohesion and there being a possibility of players less prone to injuries?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
We support Juventus, not Udinese. It's totally & completely unacceptable to accept defeat & try to make it seem like it wasn't that important. We are trying to re-establish ourselves amongst Europe's elite & to change our overall image internationally.

We can't do that if we continuously crash out of competitions however small or insignificant they may seem, we lose the glamor & attraction this club had. Only losers set their standards low & make excuses when they fail, we need to change our mind set & get back where we belong. That's on top of Italy with the scudetto in hand & wiping the floor with the likes of real and barca by winning the CL.
That's a pep talk allright but not realistic considering the events this season.....take into account where we finished last season and what we did in summer to fix it...that right there was where we failed....after the season progressed everytime we found a good combination of players who would gel together well it got broken down due to injuries....that only choice at this point was continue with EL and coppa and fail to qualify for CL next season.

Everyone has been praising marotta for his jan transfers,it was still not impressive enough for juve according to me...the board should have provided and marotta should have tried harder for proven names.

Let's put it this way..did i want us to win EL and coppa before we were eliminated? -YES

Was it massively disappointing when we got knocked out? -YES

Today considering how we are doing are u happy we got knocked out?- Not happy but i can live with it

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No I'm not fucking happy, our EL performance is one of the most shameful shit I seen Juve do, and utterly devalues our club as a whole, just talking to random football fans and them asking wtf is going on, failing against Polish and Austrian minnows, should say enough. We utterly embarrassed ourselves, like we did last year, and you know what? Players/coaches ask themselves too when thinking of us (possible signings), wtf is going on in Juve? So no, I'm not happy at all. For what? So we can focus on CL spot? Something we are failing at because we fail everywhere, not just league.

Coppa, I couldnt care much about, even if any Juve game we are in, I want us to win. We where pathetic against Roma, and when we perform like that in Coppa (which are just few games and no excuse for "dragging us down), so do we in the league.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Potential income lost. Valuable coefficient points sacrificed. An opportunity to regain some of our European pedigree forsaken.

I am definitely upset about how pedestrian our approach to this competition was, and most obviously dissatisfied with the outcome.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Agree with Osman & Bi-ron here.
We are in no position to be picky about which games/competitions matter to us & which don't.

Besides, enough with the excuses, if we really didn't care about the EL, then why did we bother qualifying?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Neutrol, you arent happy but you dont care? Huh? Caring about how Juve do is allways a priority.

Not caring we totally embarrass ourselves in "lowly EL" no one cares about (2nd time in a row), its something defenitely odd for a Juve fan. It makes us look like a joke. Not looking like a joke is defenitely worth caring about.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
That's a pep talk allright but not realistic considering the events this season.....take into account where we finished last season and what we did in summer to fix it...that right there was where we failed....after the season progressed everytime we found a good combination of players who would gel together well it got broken down due to injuries....that only choice at this point was continue with EL and coppa and fail to qualify for CL next season.

Everyone has been praising marotta for his jan transfers,it was still not impressive enough for juve according to me...the board should have provided and marotta should have tried harder for proven names.

Let's put it this way..did i want us to win EL and coppa before we were eliminated? -YES

Was it massively disappointing when we got knocked out? -YES

Today considering how we are doing are u happy we got knocked out?- Not happy but i can live with it
That's rubbish, taking into account how we finished last season cannot be used as an excuse. There have been times where Juve haven't finished in the desired position but guess, major changes were brought forward & the expectations were high. If you set the bar low, then the players don't feel the need to exceed expectations. Inferior squad depth? How the hell did Fulham, fucking fulham make it to the EL final last season?

Well you can settle for mediocrity but i won't, this club has built it's reputation on hard work, determination & a never die attitude. That is lost & that's what i can't accept.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Agree with Osman & Bi-ron here.
We are in no position to be picky about which games/competitions matter to us & which don't.

Besides, enough with the excuses, if we really didn't care about the EL, then why did we bother qualifying?
Precisely.:tup:

Neutrol, you arent happy but you dont care? Huh? Caring about how Juve do is allways a priority.

Not caring we totally embarrass ourselves in "lowly EL" no one cares about (2nd time in a row), its something defenitely odd for a Juve fan. It makes us look like a joke. Not looking like a joke is defenitely worth caring about.
Amen to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)