In hindsight, are you happy that we're out of the EL and Coppa? (1 Viewer)

Are you happy that we're out of the EL and Coppa?

• Yes, it's better for us to completely focus on the League

• No, we should be aiming for success on all fronts

• It doesn't make any difference

• I wish we'd stayed in the EL, I don't care about the Coppa

• I wish we'd stayed in the Coppa, I don't care about the EL

Results are only viewable after voting.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
That's rubbish, taking into account how we finished last season cannot be used as an excuse. There have been times where Juve haven't finished in the desired position but guess, major changes were brought forward & the expectations were high. If you set the bar low, then the players don't feel the need to exceed expectations. Inferior squad depth? How the hell did Fulham, fucking fulham make it to the EL final last season?

Well you can settle for mediocrity but i won't, this club has built it's reputation on hard work, determination & a never die attitude. That is lost & that's what i can't accept.
No one is settling for mediocrity :D...But if we dont the only thing we CAN do is complain,a lot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pointless to post in this thread because I think deep down every one of us wants to win everything we possibly can. It wouldn't be sporting otherwise.

You play to win.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Impossible to say really, I'm interested out of curiosity.
I doubt we would be any worse off. And even if we were, how much more is there to lose? Would you rather have 13th place (let's say) and EL final or 6th place and no EL? Does it make a big difference?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I would like to see how we did in the league whilst going far in this competition.
So far there wouldn't have been any changes, I guess. There weren't any EL or Coppa matches played after we were eliminated, so more or less 6th place was where we were gonna be even if we qualified from the EL group and eliminated Roma.
But for the future it's impossible to say if we'd do better, same or worse had we qualified in those two competitions.

Last year for example made no difference. We sucked hard in serie A even after the early CL/EL and Coppa eliminations.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I say, success brings more success. Setting the standards so low in the middle of a season isn't such a remarkable thing to do for a club like Juventus.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Man City drew..I think Juve could have won that match easily even with our second team.Thats why I think getting eliminated sucks,I always want Juve to win all matches..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't care for the stupid Coppa Italia, as for EL we need to collect as many points as possible for the next years in coefficients, sure I would wish if we had gone to the end and win the cup, but we are out, maybe this is better for the league, that's because we are not ready to compete in 3 competitions, and it's better this way to focus only on the league, and that if we can :sergio:

Don't forget, we are not that great Juve yet, still building slowly to get there..

I am not happy, but this way is better, I vote for the first one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If only we played in more competitions. That way, should we get knocked out of those, then the concentration and fitness gained from the exit would be even more plentiful.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I want Juve to be the first team to get that silver star so I'm most disappointed that we're out of the Coppa. I don't really give a damn about the EL.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
No, I hate it even when we even lose a friendly, let alone the Coppa and EL.
Exactly.

How can anyone not be bothered about Juve being knocked out of Europe?? As far as I'm concerned, Juve should be winning Scudetto, Champions League & Coppa every season. Or atleast trying their hardest!

Juventus is still a name teams across the world fear and respect, always a big deal when beaten as teams feel they have claimed a big time scalp. Its a joke when Roma or Inter get knocked out of CL but when Juve do, its a big f'n deal...as it should be.

Also agree with the silver star argument, we want to be the first to do it. Its just some bullshit stitching but we'd be the first to have it!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Now that I'm watching some of the EU games, I'd have liked us to stay and beat Liverpool and the likes. There's some good teams in it this year and it would've been nice to be part of an European competition and establish ourselves a bit more. Beating Milan and Inter in the Coppa would've been the icing on the cake. I wish I could take my vote back but it seems most share the same opinion.

Sep 21, 2010
Am I happy? No. Do I mind that much? Not really. I really do think that this will help us get into the top 4 THIS season. In the future though we should aim for the best in every competition, this is Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)