"I'm number one" (3 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Nah, Fabi. That would be just stating the obvious. Saying it before the tournament puts more pressure on himself, and maybe he performs better that way.

We'll know for certain before you know it.
Yeah but its kinda arrogant to say that in my opinion. And whatever it says can certainly backfire on him. What goes around comes around

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

Yeah but its kinda arrogant to say that in my opinion. And whatever it says can certainly backfire on him. What goes around comes around

Then he, and he alone is reponsible for that.

Fabi, I WANT the #1 keeper for Italy to come out and say, "You know what, I deserve to be the starting keeper, and I want to prove it by having a great European championship"

I want someone that confident in himself and his ability between the sticks for L'Azzuri. I couldn't think of anyone else I would want. I don't see it as being arrogant. I see it a s someone who realizes that this could be his defining moment in multi-national competition, and is willing to put himslef and his word on the line to prove that he is the man for the job.

Bravo, Gigi.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
fabiana- lets make it simple. if you were at a job and you deserved a promotion. would it be proud of you to simply state that you believe(aka in your opinion) you deserve a promotion?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This is a no-win situation for Gigi.

If they win Euro 2004, then people will say, "Well, he DID say that he should be the #1 keeper, what do you expect"

But if they lose, or at the worst don't advance to the finals, then the pundits will be down his throat like vultures circling a Hospice center.

He has put the responsibilty squarely on his shoulders, and he can't be faulted for that.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Sergio

I totally understand your point but personally Im more of a humble person and I dont really like to brag about my achievements. I know maybe humility isnt about that and that there isnt anything wrong to brag about something you did because you earned it, but it isnt something I wouldnt do. Im glad he's aware that he's the numer one goalkeeper in the world, but I dont really want it to be overconfident. When you're overconfident and you say stuff that you really shouldnt have said then everything will screw up for you, thats how life is.

I think it was good that he said that he deserves to be where he is and that he's motivated to keep his place in the starting eleven, but to say he's number one... He could have used another way to say it

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

Then he, and he alone is reponsible for that.

Fabi, I WANT the #1 keeper for Italy to come out and say, "You know what, I deserve to be the starting keeper, and I want to prove it by having a great European championship"

I want someone that confident in himself and his ability between the sticks for L'Azzuri. I couldn't think of anyone else I would want. I don't see it as being arrogant. I see it a s someone who realizes that this could be his defining moment in multi-national competition, and is willing to put himslef and his word on the line to prove that he is the man for the job.

Bravo, Gigi.
I have to agree with that.

Confidence is the key for goalkeepers, and if he says he's number one, he's number one. He is in my eyes.

Anyway, who would beg to differ with him? Toldo?

Sep 28, 2002
Vieri hails Totti partnership Thursday 27 May, 2004
from channel4/calcio italia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Vieri insists that Italy will have the finest striking partnership at the European Championships.

"Francesco Totti and myself are the best," said the forward at the Coverciano training complex on Thursday.

"Teams likes France, Holland and Spain have good striking pairs but Totti – Vieri is the one that excites me the most.

"I have a great understanding with Totti and there is no need for us to train too hard on our partnership. We just click."

Although Italy are likely to use Vieri as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 system, Totti will be Vieri’s closest colleague.

"In order to win the tournament two players will not be enough though," warned the Inter star.

"Obviously they can affect the outcome of one game but you need a great squad to win the championship."

Another member of the squad that Vieri is particularly fond of is Roma’s 21-year-old Antonio Cassano.

"He massacres me all day. It’s one joke after another from him," explained Vieri. "He talks to me in Bari dialect and I don’t understand what he’s saying, that’s when I respond in English.

"We call him Roman in the squad because he looks like Abramovich. His wages are quite similar too…"

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
Vieri hails Totti partnership Thursday 27 May, 2004
from channel4/calcio italia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Vieri insists that Italy will have the finest striking partnership at the European Championships.

"Francesco Totti and myself are the best," said the forward at the Coverciano training complex on Thursday.

"Teams likes France, Holland and Spain have good striking pairs but Totti – Vieri is the one that excites me the most.

"I have a great understanding with Totti and there is no need for us to train too hard on our partnership. We just click."

Although Italy are likely to use Vieri as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 system, Totti will be Vieri’s closest colleague.

"In order to win the tournament two players will not be enough though," warned the Inter star.

"Obviously they can affect the outcome of one game but you need a great squad to win the championship."

Another member of the squad that Vieri is particularly fond of is Roma’s 21-year-old Antonio Cassano.

"He massacres me all day. It’s one joke after another from him," explained Vieri. "He talks to me in Bari dialect and I don’t understand what he’s saying, that’s when I respond in English.

"We call him Roman in the squad because he looks like Abramovich. His wages are quite similar too…"

THIS is what I like to see.

A team that is focused, loose, confident, and having good chemistry.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
uh this is slightly irrelevent and you can go ahead and delete it, but who do you think gets laid more, ADP or Gigi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)