"I'm number one" (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
While he doesn't look all that much like Muhammad Ali, I think we have a reincarnation on our hands. I always heard Buffi had a big mouth but I never really saw the evidence to confirm it. Until now. :D

===

I’m No 1 says Buffon
Tuesday 25 May, 2004

Gigi Buffon insists he deserves to be the Italian No 1 at Euro 2004 despite the stiff competition he faces.

The Juventus ‘keeper is considered as first choice, even though Inter’s Francesco Toldo and Angelo Peruzzi of Lazio are also in the squad.

"The competition will be stimulating for me," said the youngster. "And it is in my character to fight.

"I have great respect for Toldo and Peruzzi, who can’t be considered as a third choice, but I believe that I have deserved the gloves."

There were suggestions that the former Parma ace could lose his place given his recent mediocre club form.

"I know what I’m made of and I think I’ve demonstrated my worth over the last couple of years," he added.

"I don’t think the last four months will be enough for me to change my opinion of myself. I’m sure I’ll have a great championship."

Buffon was also asked about the possibility of working alongside Marcello Lippi again with the national team in the future.

"I’m saddened that he has left Juventus," added the ‘keeper. "Lippi is the Coach that wanted me in Turin. I would be very happy if one day he took charge of the national side."

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #2
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the previous store, but it cracks me up so I decided to post it.

Discovery of the millennium: :D

===

Stam: AC Milan Is A Winning Club

Jaap Stam spent his first day as an AC Milan player with the medical staff for the usual tests.

"I am very happy to be here because this is a winning club," he said. "Many teams spoke to Lazio trying to convince me to join them but I came to the best club and I am here because I want to win everything".

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    of course he is number 1. its not his fault he had no defence, no keeper in the world could have done any better.

as for stam...he is about 2 seasons too late now, milan have won their CL and scudetto, they wont anymore:D

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
    nothing much to say about Gigi Buffon despites his big mouth. For me he's the Italian number 1. No one can take that away from him not even Toldo nor. He deserved that number 1 AZZURRI's shirt.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    He's right though, he's the best man to put between the sticks, and it'd be foolish to drop him just because of the shite season Juve's defence has had

Toldo can pull off some blinding performances, making 20 saves in a match, but Buffon gives a better sense of security IMO

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    gigi is right...no reason not to say smg it's obvious!!

but...it's a bit ober-self-confident,but why not to be when he knows he is the best??

we are all with you gigi! :heart: :thumb:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    He's right though, he's the best man to put between the sticks, and it'd be foolish to drop him just because of the shite season Juve's defence has had
    I don't think anyone is debating the content of the statement. ;)

lilianna, imagine this scenario. You and I are playing tennis, you just started, I've been playing for years. I'm clearly the better player. Not only do I know it, you know it too. So I go out and say it "I'm the better player, I clearly deserve to be known as the better player.

Is that nice of me to say? Or would I do myself [and you] a favor by just keeping quiet?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    lilianna, imagine this scenario. You and I are playing tennis, you just started, I've been playing for years. I'm clearly the better player. Not only do I know it, you know it too. So I go out and say it "I'm the better player, I clearly deserve to be known as the better player.

Is that nice of me to say? Or would I do myself [and you] a favor by just keeping quiet?
    But what if Lilianna were to win, and start honestly believing that she's the better player? If there was an award ceremony in the next two weeks for "Who is the better tennis player between Martin and Lilianna", wouldn't you make a public statement just to confirm that you're the better player, despite your recent poor result?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #11
    No, you jackass, that's what I'm talking about! :D

I try to explain why it's lame to blow your own horn and you give me this :dontcare:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Maybe he feels that his position at the Euros is threatened, that's what i meant. Maybe he's just making sure :)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    And how is saying that gonna help him secure his place? If anything kissing Trappy's ass would do it.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Buffon is so many classes better than Toldo and Peruzzi. And he is totally right, he can have a big mouth because he is good enough to defend his statements ;), Buffon is cool, Forza Gigi!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I don't think Buffon is many classes better than Toldo and Peruzzi. I wish Buffon never made such a "modest" statement. I hope this does not turn into a Kahn/Lehman thing.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    I don't think Buffon is many classes better than Toldo and Peruzzi. I wish Buffon never made such a "modest" statement. I hope this does not turn into a Kahn/Lehman thing.
    He is much better!, Toldo isnt as good as he was in EU2000 (which was fantastic) and Peruzzi is good, but nothing more.

What do you mean with Kahn/Lehman thing?, dont compare the Great Buffon with those clowns!

Sep 28, 2002
    whats that incubo saying? walk the walk before you talk the talk. i never doubted his ability and leadership but that's just lame... if totti said something like that everyone would go "arroganrt bastard, he shouldnt be with azzurri :blah:" but this is buffon so everyone supports him. rubbish. yes, defence sucked this season, but so did buffon, nowhere near the player he was last year. he'll **** up in this championship imo.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    He is much better!, Toldo isnt as good as he was in EU2000 (which was fantastic) and Peruzzi is good, but nothing more.
    Buffon is definitely better, but "slightly" better I would say, with his 42 conceeded goals this season.

++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    What do you mean with Kahn/Lehman thing?, dont compare the Great Buffon with those clowns!
    Khan and Lehman have had almost a year-long verbal battle over who should be Germany's starting keeper. It became really nasty, especially through Lehman's statements.

And you're right, no comparison among Buffon and those "clowns" :D

Btw, I totally lost respect towards Kahn after Roberto Carlos' goal in the first leg of BM RM clash. Germany needs a new goalkeeper.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004

Buffon is definitely better, but "slightly" better I would say, with his 42 conceeded goals this season.[
    QUOTE]

Buffon cant be blamed for it, since it has been difficult for him this year because of the defensive problems.

Khan and Lehman have had almost a year-long verbal battle over who should be Germany's starting keeper. It became really nasty, especially through Lehman's statements.

And you're right, no comparison among Buffon and those "clowns" :D

Btw, I totally lost respect towards Kahn after Roberto Carlos' goal in the first leg of BM RM clash. Germany needs a new goalkeeper.
    Hm, strange, i though Hildebrand was their first choice keeper, but i guess Germany has that old fashion type of coach too. :)

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    whats that incubo saying? walk the walk before you talk the talk. i never doubted his ability and leadership but that's just lame... if totti said something like that everyone would go "arroganrt bastard, he shouldnt be with azzurri :blah:" but this is buffon so everyone supports him. rubbish. yes, defence sucked this season, but so did buffon, nowhere near the player he was last year. he'll **** up in this championship imo.
    its not fair though. becouse anyody from the azzurri can **** up in this championship. although buffon should just train and not pay attention to these

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)