"I'm number one" (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
i think gigi is right with his statement!!!

i think he only wants to tell that he is out of reach and clear the number one despite the terrible season of juve including poor performances from him and the defence!

forza gigi!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, I'd much rather have Gigi exuding confidence than acting like a pre-programmed robot with "yes sir, no sir" repsonses.

Good for you Gigi. Showing some balls and coming out and saying that he deserves to start.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yes he does.

On talent alone, he is superior to Toldo and Peruzzi, and if you want to make the argument that Gigi didn't have a good year, well, then Cannavaro, Panucci, Del Piero shouldn't be on the team either, because they all had sub-standard seasons, whether though poor play or injury, it doesn't matter.

You bring the most talented team with you to Europe, and that's why Gigi deserves to start.

Look, throughout the season, when we all knew, and Gigi would know this better than anyone, that he had a Serie C1 type defense in front of him, did he complain??

No, he didn't, although by right he should have gotten an attorney and sued his defense for non-support.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And, for the record, I would've chosen Pelizzoli as a back-up keeper, but I can understand why Trap wouldn't wnat to have an inexperienced backup.

Aug 27, 2003
i think trap should excuse buffon this time consedrin juve ahd a bad defnece this season..
buffon actually did pretty good..and saved as much as he could..
soo i hope that he dosent feel threatent and i think the many of the italian fans would shoot him if he dont place buffon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
He does deserve to start and he can tell the world that, but he should say that he's n1 AFTER he makes an excellent performance on Euro 2004, not before

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Nah, Fabi. That would be just stating the obvious. Saying it before the tournament puts more pressure on himself, and maybe he performs better that way.

We'll know for certain before you know it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Nah, Fabi. That would be just stating the obvious. Saying it before the tournament puts more pressure on himself, and maybe he performs better that way.

We'll know for certain before you know it.
i agree !

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
buffon wasnt arrogant by any stretch of the imagination. he simply said that he deserves to be the NT's first goalkeeper In his opinion.

if he was like pele and said "oh im the greatest player that ever lived" well then id dislike him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)