Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (115 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
Nice story on the La Stampa today. Two weeks ago, players of some amatuer team that trains 5km away from Vinovo, were asked to get to the training ground with no training scheduled, with no reason. They arrived and saw Ale there, some of them almost fainted. This team arranged a trainnig specially for Ale, cause he was without a team for almost 3 months. One of the players told La Stampa that they were shocked during the physical training, that Ale does everything 4 times faster than everybody else. In the end they played a training match, and this guy was in the same team with Ale. He got a FK, and told Ale:"You kick". Ale told him:"No way. We'll flip a coin". In the end, Ale took it.

:)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lol, I can imagine. You head over there for yet another boring uneventful training session and suddenly you're on the pitch with Del Piero.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I couldn't care less about where he went, as long as he was happy.

But this is quite rich coming from a guy who just got what he wanted, madvillain :D.
To be honest, before the Sydney rumours started, it never ever once crossed my mind that he might play in Australia, I never even considered it (I always thought he would play in MLS). It all happened so fast it's a shock. If it never happened or the rumour about the signing being complete last week was false I wouldn't be upset. As long as Ale is playing where he is happy I don't mind.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sonia: I was hoping he could finish his career at Juventus. Fear from this adventure? There is nothing to fear so long Ale is confident and so long he can kick a ball.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
“Well done Alex,” the Roma captain, a former international colleague of the Juventus icon, wrote on his website.

“I’ve today been told that you will start a new adventure with Australian side Sydney. I’m very happy. Challenges for a champion like you never come to an end.

“Your ability and your way of being is the best possible advert for Italy across the world. I wish you good luck.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)