Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (152 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
With all due respect, I think Del Neri should not even think about playing DP and Diego together, but instead just focus on playing Diego. DP's 35-36 years old, and can't contribute as much and as well as Diego. Diego is only 25 and he has a future at this club and a lot to give to us. Sacrificing Diego and concentrating on DP will be detrimental to this club. While DP is the Il Capitano\the Golden boy\whatever of this club, he and everyone else knows that his time is near, and he can no longer be considered the main player of the club. LDN needs to think about the future and focus on Diego. Either modifying the formation to fit him, or re-train Diego in a new role to fit the formation... whatever, but Diego should be given more importance now than DP.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
With all due respect, I think Del Neri should not even think about playing DP and Diego together, but instead just focus on playing Diego. DP's 35-36 years old, and can't contribute as much and as well as Diego. Diego is only 25 and he has a future at this club and a lot to give to us. Sacrificing Diego and concentrating on DP will be detrimental to this club. While DP is the Il Capitano\the Golden boy\whatever of this club, he and everyone else knows that his time is near, and he can no longer be considered the main player of the club. LDN needs to think about the future and focus on Diego. Either modifying the formation to fit him, or re-train Diego in a new role to fit the formation... whatever, but Diego should be given more importance now than DP.
That's just silly. DP's decline might be just around the corner, but it's pointless (and rather rude to him) to start treating him like a has been while he's still playing well.

kongen73

Jun 5, 2009
:tup: spot on.........

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He didn't say if Ale is starting or not. I think what he means is that Ale is going to be around next season and he'll be involved, maybe not as a starter but involved.

If they do end up letting players like Diego and Giovinco go, starting Pepe, Martinez and Ale then I honestly have no idea what their plan really is.

Apr 15, 2006
That's just silly. DP's decline might be just around the corner, but it's pointless (and rather rude to him) to start treating him like a has been while he's still playing well.
You really think he's playing well? I remember watching him many times last season and he was simply frustrating, along with the rest of our team. Sure, it's probably just that season, but how much longer can he play "well"? And how "well" is good enough for Juve right now?

Suns put my opinions in better words. We cannot sell players like Diego and Giovinco just because they cannot play with DP. If anything, DP should be sold cos he can't play with Diego.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You really think he's playing well? I remember watching him many times last season and he was simply frustrating, along with the rest of our team. Sure, it's probably just that season, but how much longer can he play "well"? And how "well" is good enough for Juve right now?

Suns put my opinions in better words. We cannot sell players like Diego and Giovinco just because they cannot play with DP. If anything, DP should be sold cos he can't play with Diego.
Yes, let's sell the biggest symbol this club has ever had for a player who has done absolutely nothing for us and sucked for an entire season with no possibility of knowing if he will be any better this time around.

Diego doesn't deserve favours.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Yes, let's sell the biggest symbol this club has ever had for a player who has done absolutely nothing for us and sucked for an entire season with no possibility of knowing if he will be any better this time around.

:tup:

Also, just look at who our top scorer and assist man has been for the past umpteen seasons

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

Diego was one of our best players last season Andries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)