Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (41 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
In all seriousness, to most juve fans del piero is a legend, when i was a kid with aspirations to become a footballer del piero was the one i wanted to emulate, i've met many famous people from mike tyson to busta rhymes, gianluca vialli and many other footballers and it was a case of ...yea whatever....but meeting del piero would be something completely different, he is a great player and an idol to many, no one can doubt that, my freind who is a man u supporter went to see the game, i'm starting to wish i went now...FORZA ALE!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Del Piero feels the expectation grow

Alex Del Piero is eager to return to Champions League action and in the friendly against Manchester United showed that he is in great shape ahead of the preliminary rounds against Artmedia Bratislava.

The Juventus captain received a standing ovation from the Old Trafford crowd when he was brought off, a moving gesture from a stadium that has provided the 34-year-old with a fair share of highs and lows.

"The applause I received from the crowd really moved me and I thank the English supporters. These are things which go beyond the match and the result. It made me really happy and I hope it won't be the last time."

The Bianconeri held the European Champions to a goalless draw, evidence that that they are on the right road to conquering a place in this season's competition.

He added: "We played quite well and we held our own against Manchester but now we must think about the game against Artmedia. This was the main goal for the summer and we cannot fail."

The Italy international is well aware that complacency is the biggest threat and has warned his fellow team mates to be concentrated for the entire two legs.

"The opponents are well within our standards but we must be careful not to underestimate them and to take the games lightly. We know little about them and in these cases we must be careful not to receive some nasty surprises."

The Juve flag bearer has also pledged to play on for another five or six years which should give him plenty of opportunities to taste the Old Trafford atmosphere once more.

Fox

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I don't really get this. And who is Giovanni Vaglini??

Ieri soltanto palestra per Del Piero, ma lui segue un programma ben preciso da un paio d’anni, ogni giornata è scandita da una tabella adatta al mantenimento della condizione. Alex adesso lavora da solo. Giovanni Vaglini, il suo personal trainer delle ultime due stagioni, non ottenuto per il terzo anno il permesso di scendere sul prato ad assistere il capitano e ha preferito andarsene. Questione di immagine ma, si dice, anche di stipendio.

Disease

Jan 4, 2003
I don't really get this. And who is Giovanni Vaglini??
It seems he's no longer working with his personal trainer whom he's been with for two years. Something to do with salary, I think, from what I understand.

These past few pages of pointless arguments have been really fun to read, by the way xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)