Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (97 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
next Del Piero?? there will not be any next Del Piero... maybe next Zola or next Baggio but DP is the one..
Makes no sense really. No substance to this post.

You either uphold one standard or uphold another standard. Some consider Baggio a better player than Del Piero anyway, so it's best if you don't make posts such as that.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The man has a point, there's only one Alessandro Del Piero in this football world, no one will replace him IMO. It's just that he was born for the old lady, that's it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The man has a point, there's only one Alessandro Del Piero in this football world, no one will replace him IMO. It's just that he was born for the old lady, that's it.
While there will never be the "next Del Piero," there will not be the "next Baggio" either. People need to be a little bit more careful with their comparisons.

Players should strive to be themselves and not anybody else on the football pitch. That's what Alex Del Piero did, because if he didn't, he would probably end up like Baggio who was always looking for new clubs.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
While there will never be the "next Del Piero," there will not be the "next Baggio" either. People need to be a little bit more careful with their comparisons.

Players should strive to be themselves and not anybody else on the football pitch. That's what Alex Del Piero did, because if he didn't, he would probably end up like Baggio who was always looking for new clubs.
When I say the next Del Piero I mean there will be no other player to replace him as a player, from being fans idol for years to winning and breaking records and turning himself into one of the best players football every brought in.

Of course there will be no other Baggio nor Viduka, but thats not what I meant. I don't think from now till the other next 50years at least we'll witness another Del Piero ON the pitch, from serving the club in the same way that Ale has served into spending another 16years to say the least, 16 years full of trophies in his pocket. It'll take time to see that.... but then again, it'll be hard for any other player to replace Del Piero as fan's idol.

I don't know If you got my point Drew, but you should.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
When I say the next Del Piero I mean there will be no other player to replace him as a player, from being fans idol for years to winning and breaking records and turning himself into one of the best players football every brought in.

Of course there will be no other Baggio nor Viduka, but thats not what I meant. I don't think from now till the other next 50years at least we'll witness another Del Piero ON the pitch, from serving the club in the same way that Ale has served into spending another 16years to say the least, 16 years full of trophies in his pocket. It'll take time to see that.... but then again, it'll be hard for any other player to replace Del Piero as fan's idol.

I don't know If you got my point Drew, but you should.
Got it, but then again there might be a player who becomes world class and serves the club just as well as Il Capitano has. Hopefully we will see more players like him who are classy and breath-taking on the pitch, and also respect the club like family. :hug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)