Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (115 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Name me the new kids you're talking about that deserve to wear the Azzurri jersey ATM?

Though I don't really like Donadoni but you can't argue with him choosing Ale in his qualification/friendly matches....A player like him is always needed. If you're talking about the age, then thats not an argument looking at his age.

The same 4years ago was said about Ale not having the legs and questioning why Trap is choosing him for the qualification rounds, but it turned out to be that Ale was MVP player to lead Italy to Euro 2004 looking at his goals assists and all stats.

You say Ale doesn't got the legs for both Juventus and Italy, but you want him to retire with the Azzurri and focus with Juventus? how logic you are....how long did it take you to think of such a theory?

Ale Del Piero is still important for both National Team and Juventus. You or anyone else can't deny that.
Huh? Please remove the blindfold from your eyes and then come back. Incredible amount of nonsense you wrote there. Nice effort though.

P.S. I know football more than you. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
The funny thing about Nedved ballon d'Or year, was that he said Del Piero is the best player in the world. During the 02/03 season. Del Piero was at least as good as Neddy that season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Excellent Start To The Season, Says Del Piero

The Juventus captain returned back to training on Monday after missing Sunday's training session due to some minor problems.

Alessandro Del Piero failed to score on Saturday as the Bianconeri thrashed Livorno 5-1 in the first league match of the season, but was still decisive in the first goal of the match as he perfectly crossed the ball towards David Trezeguet who headed it in past Livorno's Amelia.

Pinturicchio was therefore extremely happy with the performance of the team which bides well for the remainder of the season following an uncertain pre-season by the Old Lady, which left many wondering how the team will react in the first match of the season.

"The season couldn't start in a better way," commented Del Piero on his personal website about Saturday's brilliant match.

"It was a nice and convincing win, maybe too generous in the result, but it was surely wanted and deserved."

Del Piero played his 520th match for Juventus on Saturday to move closer to Gaetano Scirea's 552 matches record.

goal.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don´t hate DP, but I hate the hype around him and attention he is getting. It´s unfair to many Juve players who always remain in his shadow.
oh FFS. Go to a Milan forum, and see the percentage of the posts there containing the name of Kaka'.

Exactly, Kaka is the most interesting Milan player ATM, it's not DP's fault that he's been the fans' favourite for 15 years now, is it?

Arguing about this is just retarded, no?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don´t hate DP, but I hate the hype around him and attention he is getting. It´s unfair to many Juve players who always remain in his shadow.
I have been back and forth about this, but the more time that passes with Alessandro Del Piero in black and white, the more the realisation dawns. He's not about talent, skill or being the best player on the planet during his time. Sure, he has his demons from Euro 2000 or perhaps the seasons leading up to that tournament, post his injury. That deliberation however, is not enough to take away the one thing that stands out for me. His Bianconero soul. He's taken the bouquets and brickbats with equal aplomb, never spoken out of turn and has probably been the best ambassador there will be for Juventus in a long long time. Theories questioning his credentials will get old after a while, but what will remain is the fact that he did when we needed him. He never negotiated his salary based on his opportunities on the market when his value was sky high, maintained a dignified silence when his temperament was questioned. And even if some may consider him to be an overrated symbol, he sat on the bench without washing dirty linen in public during the season when Capello had to have his way. What people here dont understand is, Del Piero is no longer about being a top ten player in Europe, he is about respect and values that have been long forgotten by the world's favourite sport. Suffice to say, his goodwill is what keeps the dressing room together and sometimes that's as important as bringing game. Especially when its a team sport. So say what you like, but Alessandro Del Piero is a legend - for better or worse.

Sep 19, 2006
I have been back and forth about this, but the more time that passes with Alessandro Del Piero in black and white, the more the realisation dawns. He's not about talent, skill or being the best player on the planet during his time. Sure, he has his demons from Euro 2000 or perhaps the seasons leading up to that tournament, post his injury. That deliberation however, is not enough to take away the one thing that stands out for me. His Bianconero soul. He's taken the bouquets and brickbats with equal aplomb, never spoken out of turn and has probably been the best ambassador there will be for Juventus in a long long time. Theories questioning his credentials will get old after a while, but what will remain is the fact that he did when we needed him. He never negotiated his salary based on his opportunities on the market when his value was sky high, maintained a dignified silence when his temperament was questioned. And even if some may consider him to be an overrated symbol, he sat on the bench without washing dirty linen in public during the season when Capello had to have his way. What people here dont understand is, Del Piero is no longer about being a top ten player in Europe, he is about respect and values that have been long forgotten by the world's favourite sport. Suffice to say, his goodwill is what keeps the dressing room together and sometimes that's as important as bringing game. Especially when its a team sport. So say what you like, but Alessandro Del Piero is a legend - for better or worse.
Very well said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)