Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (178 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stephan said:
i dont understand what you mean wit that? decide if his out of form? oh boy rab, i respect you and all, and i know how you love del piero but this is World Cup, as i said already before, this is not some siena match where you can be lucky if you choose players who are not in the best form. In a way i have to agree with seven, indeed, if already lippi sees something is wrong, then something REALLY is wrong. Maybe he finally let his frustration out, what he hold inside of him during the season with juventus, we dont know what was going on with him and capello behind the doors :eyebrows:

And now back to usa game. really italy has 2 games left, important game, italy really must win this game. If del piero is not at his best, then we cant just go with, let him prove. This is VITAL GAME! Italy has other options.

I know it makes you sad and you want to see del piero play as much as possible but its world cup after all, and if del piero has a problem, he might bring the team morale down when italy plays against usa.

Yeah i know, it is unlikely, but we really dont know. one player morale can chanse the whole team morale.
I know this is world cu...did i say play an out-form Alex??? No.
I'm not saying Del Piero is obliged, re-read I said If he was given a chance to play.

Talking about moral he can bring the team down, Del Piero can bring anything down but moral IMO. Of coarse it makes me sad not see him play as this is his last world cup I guess.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Camo accepts sub role Wednesday 14 June, 2006

Following Simone Perrotta’s splendid performance against Ghana, Mauro Camoranesi realises he is now second choice for the Azzurri.

“I knew I wouldn’t be in the starting eleven, but there are no problems. There are 23 of us in the squad and it’s part of the game,” said the Juventus winger. “Now I’m just focusing on working well.”

The former Verona man is known for a short temper, but seems to have a newfound maturity at international level for this World Cup.

“There has been a different spirit in the side ever since Marcello Lippi arrived two years ago. We immediately started to work hard to be absolutely ready for this World Cup. We always know what to do when we’re on the field and there is a great rapport between the players.”

Camoranesi was born in Argentina, but was convinced to take on Italian citizenship by previous Azzurri boss, Giovanni Trapattoni. The Press pointed out that this 'Oriundo’ doesn’t sing the national anthem before kick-off and asked about his South American status.

“That’s because I don’t know the words. Then again, I don’t know the Argentine anthem either,” he confessed. “I am an Italian at the World Cup and I chose to play with this jersey. It’s pointless asking me whether I’d have rather been here with the Argentine jersey instead.”

While Camoranesi seems to have accepted his role as a substitute, there are reports that Alessandro Del Piero took his exclusion against Ghana very badly and has been showing signs of tension in training.

“He’s not remotely tense,” insisted his Juventus teammate. “I see Ale the same as always – relaxed, fair and a great professional. He is an exceptional person and really doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone. Del Piero is a wonderful man and player.”

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve_25 said:
Red: Do you have a link?
From Channel4:

Lippi oversaw a game between ranks today with Angelo Peruzzi, Massimo Oddo, Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Cannavaro, Fabio Grosso, Ciro Ferrara, Pirlo, Gattuso, Alessandro Del Piero and Alberto Gilardino with the orange bibs.

Gianluigi Buffon, Cristian Zaccardo, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Materazzi, Zambrotta, Simone Perrotta, Simone Barone, Daniele De Rossi, Totti and Pippo Inzaghi wore white. The white team won 3-2 with Totti, De Rossi and Inzaghi fighting back following Del Piero’s early brace.

In a curious training ground system, Lippi ordered the team that conceded to do 10 sit-ups after every goal as ‘punishment.’

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
1 ) I'm astonished that people still take the Italian media seriously. Maybe those that aren't familiar with this kind of media believe it, but generally the media is total garbage in the sense they have to make up stories in order to sell papers and to bring interest. What else will you do between matches ?? So obviously the one person who could be angry is the one person who was subbed late in the game. So they chose Del Piero just because of that and made up stories. The tackle was probably nothing but that won't make a story, would it ??

2) Alex scoring a brace in last training and Camo's words show IMO the true nature of the player... these are facts, either scoring or teammates supporting. In fact, I never heard any player criticizing Del Piero or saying something bad about him, I think it means everything. Del Piero is truly a class above everyone else. This is why it also doesn't matter whehter Del Piero has a great WC or not - in his fans' mind he will forever be number 1, because there's more than just football , there's a thing called character, loyalty, humour, humbleness, belief, conviction, wonder, spelndour, magic. These are things his fans associate with him, because that's why we like him. Good players, great players are abundant. Special players are not .

3) I agree that Italy winning the WC is the important task, not Del Piero playing. And if anything, then Del Piero's contribution is irrelevant since he'll have a WC trophy in his huge amount of trophies already, and that's the important part. But I don't think anyone of us wants Del Piero to play just because it's Del Piero. You need to understand that if we want Del Piero to play it's because we truly believe that he can make Italy play better , and thus win more. If one really thought that Italy can do better without him, then no problem. But we don't think that. Then again there's the Lippi argument... no problem I agree, which is why I'm confident that Lippi will use Del Piero in the right way during the tournament. As long as Italy plays well, Del Piero will get his minutes, and will contribute an important part for the trophy as well !

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stuart said:
From Channel4:

Lippi oversaw a game between ranks today with Angelo Peruzzi, Massimo Oddo, Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Cannavaro, Fabio Grosso, Ciro Ferrara, Pirlo, Gattuso, Alessandro Del Piero and Alberto Gilardino with the orange bibs.

Gianluigi Buffon, Cristian Zaccardo, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Materazzi, Zambrotta, Simone Perrotta, Simone Barone, Daniele De Rossi, Totti and Pippo Inzaghi wore white. The white team won 3-2 with Totti, De Rossi and Inzaghi fighting back following Del Piero’s early brace.

In a curious training ground system, Lippi ordered the team that conceded to do 10 sit-ups after every goal as ‘punishment.’
Lippi....I like that guy,he is the greatest,indeed!

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Camo accepts sub role Wednesday 14 June, 2006

Following Simone Perrotta’s splendid performance against Ghana, Mauro Camoranesi realises he is now second choice for the Azzurri.

“I knew I wouldn’t be in the starting eleven, but there are no problems. There are 23 of us in the squad and it’s part of the game,” said the Juventus winger. “Now I’m just focusing on working well.”

The former Verona man is known for a short temper, but seems to have a newfound maturity at international level for this World Cup.

“There has been a different spirit in the side ever since Marcello Lippi arrived two years ago. We immediately started to work hard to be absolutely ready for this World Cup. We always know what to do when we’re on the field and there is a great rapport between the players.”

Camoranesi was born in Argentina, but was convinced to take on Italian citizenship by previous Azzurri boss, Giovanni Trapattoni. The Press pointed out that this ‘Oriundo’ doesn’t sing the national anthem before kick-off and asked about his South American status.

“That’s because I don’t know the words. Then again, I don’t know the Argentine anthem either,” he confessed. “I am an Italian at the World Cup and I chose to play with this jersey. It’s pointless asking me whether I’d have rather been here with the Argentine jersey instead.”

While Camoranesi seems to have accepted his role as a substitute, there are reports that Alessandro Del Piero took his exclusion against Ghana very badly and has been showing signs of tension in training.

“He’s not remotely tense,” insisted his Juventus teammate. “I see Ale the same as always – relaxed, fair and a great professional. He is an exceptional person and really doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone. Del Piero is a wonderful man and player.”

:touched: Now I like even more Cammo :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 175)