Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (149 Viewers)

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
mnementh said:
We loyal and true fans of Del Piero have to keep our faith and believe in him.

Look how haters deal with it.... : bla.... disgusting. :tdown: :disagree: :yuck: fuk em.

http://xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=193823
You are right my friend! Last thing I will loose in this life is my faith in del piero! Froza Pinturicchio!!!

-----------

Now, this idiots in that forum just feel envy that they are not loyal fans of the best player in the world like us. They make me really sick! As more as I read, I notice more how non-sense are their words and how stupid are their arguments! I wish I had an xtratime count to defend My Capitano!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
dont worry gio the yanks got caught up believing their own hype after doing well at the last wc and they have already started to realise now that they are a limited suide after their humbling by the czech's

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Bozi.78 said:
dont worry gio the yanks got caught up believing their own hype after doing well at the last wc and they have already started to realise now that they are a limited suide after their humbling by the czech's
And they have even stronger opponent than the Czechs,now.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
giovanotti said:
Ohhhhh,I wish ,even more, Del Piero to score against USA and show those idiotic haters a real play!
“I see Ale the same as always – relaxed, fair and a great professional. He is an exceptional person and really doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone. Del Piero is a wonderful man and player.”

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Alex deserves Italy chance

As the new generation of Italian strikers asserts their control, James Sugrue reminds us that there’s at least one old boy with as much hunger as any of them. Following Italy’s win over Ghana, Marcello Lippi seems quite clear about the pecking order of his strikers. Luca Toni is understandably the No 1 choice after his good showing against the Black Stars and Alberto Gilardino probably did enough to keep his place in the side. There can be little complaint about either seeing as both are undoubtedly top class players.

But who comes after those two? Vincenzo Iaquinta was the first striker to make an appearance from the bench on Monday and repaid Lippi’s faith with a goal. It was fortunate for him that he did, otherwise his performance would have been remembered for different reasons. Before his strike, which in reality was gifted to him by a combination of a Samuel Kuffour assist and some indecisive goalkeeping, his only contribution had been to repeatedly fail to time his runs and get caught needlessly offside.

Alex Del Piero was handed just a brief appearance against Ghana, but had nowhere near enough time to make an impact. Of course for many that is no less than he deserves, after all he has had plenty of chances to succeed on the biggest stage and has failed each time. Pinturrichio has subsequently often been the scapegoat for the Azzurri’s lack of success at recent tournaments. Much of that criticism was deserved, but with Alex those failures could perhaps be a reason for his inclusion rather than his omission.

Like Francesco Totti, the forward knows this is his last chance to prove his doubters wrong, and for a player that has achieved so much domestically that must be the ultimate motivator. At club level for Juventus he has won every trophy going and still continues to perform and maintain his desire to win. In fact, many fans will argue that he has even improved this season after falling out of favour with Coach Fabio Capello.

The presence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet in Turin has seen him relegated to the bench for club as well as country, but that only gave him the incentive to impress further. As Ibrahimovic’s form faltered Del Piero continued to act as the 'super sub’ and bailed his team out of trouble on a number of occasions. Why then does Lippi, once Alex’s biggest fan at Juve, seem so reluctant to follow suit? The huge amount of space available to the Italian team during the second half against Ghana would have been perfect for him had he been on the pitch long enough to exploit it. Even the withdrawal of Totti didn’t see him enter the field of play.

Spain have already proved how powerful the motivation provided by your critics can be. They have been repeatedly written off as 'not tournament players’ but showed the naivety of those comments with a 4-0 win over Ukraine. Totti and Del Piero have both been accused of the same thing and knowing this is their last chance will no doubt be desperate to show what they are capable of.

There are rumours of friction between Alex and Lippi, but few can blame him for being frustrated. With such a strong desire to win it must be the purest kind of hell to be forced to watch your teammates act things out while you are denied the chance to do likewise. That frustration can only be made worse when a player who has only scored three times from open play in the last year, and who before Monday had never scored for Italy in his 12 matches, gets his chance ahead of you. So please Marcello, give your old friend one more chance to make you proud.

channel4.com

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
I hope Del Piero will play from the beginning against USA and hopefully he makes a goal! But why the hell did he let play from the beginning De Rossi and Perotta they are not good at all! I want Del Piero, (Totti), Camoranesi, Pirlo and Gattuso from the beginning we are stronger like that! I don´t understand that!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Stuart said:
From Channel4:

Lippi oversaw a game between ranks today with Angelo Peruzzi, Massimo Oddo, Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Cannavaro, Fabio Grosso, Ciro Ferrara, Pirlo, Gattuso, Alessandro Del Piero and Alberto Gilardino with the orange bibs.

Gianluigi Buffon, Cristian Zaccardo, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Materazzi, Zambrotta, Simone Perrotta, Simone Barone, Daniele De Rossi, Totti and Pippo Inzaghi wore white. The white team won 3-2 with Totti, De Rossi and Inzaghi fighting back following Del Piero’s early brace.

In a curious training ground system, Lippi ordered the team that conceded to do 10 sit-ups after every goal as ‘punishment.’

:touched: :touched: :touched:

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Do you guys know how DP is perceived by fans of the other Serie A clubs, especially by the likes of Inter fans, Roma fans and Fiorentina fans? Do they generally not like him or is he widely respected by all?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
jussiut said:
Do you guy know how DP is perceived by fans of the other Serie A clubs, especially by the likes of Inter fans, Roma fans and Fiorentina fans? Do they generally not like him or is he widely respected by all?
he is one of the most respected players in italy, but then you get some who simply hate him because they hate juve and alex is the juve symbol

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Juve_25 said:
Now, this idiots in that forum just feel envy that they are not loyal fans of the best player in the world like us. They make me really sick! As more as I read, I notice more how non-sense are their words and how stupid are their arguments!
:agree: :agree: :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 145)