Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (101 Viewers)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
he surely can play instead of Gilardino.Gila has not impressed me at all in every game I've seen him.I think that Alex can replace him from the start and do much better.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Alex Del Piero must start in the game against USA..at least one start in 3 group games..he deserves it more than Gila, Iaquinta..he should partner Gila or play Totti's role with Totti on the bench!!
A hero will rise....

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
I'm dreaming of a sweet freekick from Alex on Saturday.
:agree: yes I think that's very possible. I hope he takes charge... I still remember a perfect freekick for Alex in 2002 but he let Totti take it and he made a really bad one (vs Corea), it was sik.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
cristoforo1897 said:
i think he will link up well with toni up front. i dont rate gila very highly

Exactly.Imagine Toni and Dp upfront with Totti behind of them.Dp can create and score, when in the same time I don't think Gila can do one of the 2 jobs well.From what I've seen Gila misses chances, gives some wrong passes and makes some useless forward runs.I'm sure that Alex even in his medicore day can do better.Him with Totti can both feed Toni better with balls so he does not need to come back, something that he did with Gila next to him.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Ghana goal ‘liberated’ Iaquinta

Vincenzo Iaquinta has admitted that he has taken great joy in silencing his critics by scoring in Italy’s 2-0 win over Ghana on Monday.

The Udinese man was a controversial World Cup selection by Marcello Lippi who opted to bring the striker instead of the more prolific Cristiano Lucarelli of Livorno.

Yet Iaquinta came off the bench in Hanover against the Black Stars to score his first goal for Italy, after 12 games, and make the three points safe for the Azzurri.

“A lot of people suggested that I shouldn’t be a part of the squad and the goal against Ghana was a liberation for me, my own personal vendetta,” said the 27-year-old.

“I heard and read a lot of horrible things said about me, but I just allowed them to slide away and I just focused on training well.

“It is a great joy for me to be at these Finals and I started on the bench against Ghana with the same determination as if I had begun the match.

“That was my secret behind the performance. I was full of concentration and I took the opportunity when the Coach handed it to me.”

While Iaquinta is all smiles, the former Pescara forward did offer the troubled Alessandro Del Piero his full support.

The Juventus captain seems to be frustrated with his lack of real use against Ghana even if Iaquinta insists Pinturrichio will show his worth.

“Alessandro is very tranquil right now and he’s let the criticism pass him by,” he added. “Del Piero is a great champion.

“He is also the nicest person that I have met since being brought into the squad. He was the first to talk to me and joke around on my arrival.

“He has no need for help from anybody because he is the sort of person who helps himself,” concluded the Roma target.

:touched:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Very good news!!1 thats a relief!.

Hehe i didnt tho about the idea of benching Gila and let Dp start against USA =D, if he continues doing good during trainings, he will have a very good chance to start against USA.

If he can transform his frustration in hunger....... (check the brace on trainnings), he will be more than capable to start with Totti!!!

Lets cross fingers!!!. A frustrated Alex is not good......... but lets remember that when he was pure TNT in the mid of the last campaign...he wasnt frustrated but was really upset with Capello and was hungry to show his worth...which he did everytime Cap used him as sub!!.

Maybe thats what is happening now.......!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)