Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (102 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
and guys, i know this might make you sad or angry, but world cup is not only about del piero, sure he is a part of the team, but with italy its differant thing, then with juve. We really dont know how players do in trainings, imo its ridicilous to say, give dp chanse to prove in match if he had bad training. there is lot on cost, lippi needs to start with players who really are in the best shape in that moment. This is not some ordinary siena or treviso game where you can be lucky even when starting offform zlatan or any other player.

these are all big games, usa got trashed by czechs but if italy plays with players who are not ready either mentally or physically, usa can beat azzurri. these are very vital games.

juve is del piero
but
azzurri is 23 players (equally)

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Stephan said:
and guys, i know this might make you sad or angry, but world cup is not only about del piero, sure he is a part of the team, but with italy its differant thing, then with juve. We really dont know how players do in trainings, imo its ridicilous to say, give dp chanse to prove in match if he had bad training. there is lot on cost, lippi needs to start with players who really are in the best shape in that moment. This is not some ordinary siena or treviso game where you can be lucky even when starting offform zlatan or any other player.

these are all big games, usa got trashed by czechs but if italy plays with players who are not ready either mentally or physically, usa can beat azzurri. these are very vital games.

juve is del piero
but
azzurri is 23 players (equally)
Very wise words Stephan. I actually was thinking the same ;)

But, I don't know Paolo Rossi had his chance! I want dp to have his chance too

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I really believe in trhe story.....after all,,,he looked bad IMO in the few mins he played against ghana.... but i dont wanted to judge that because it was nothing to really do something. And not if the midfielders behind him were playing nothing good.

But, if this happened during training......... then things are more serious.... he clearly is not in his best form mentally and one thing is for sure.... if he is in this state....... with pain in my heart, he cant start against USA.

I think Totti will be fit for the game...so if Lippi is wise...he can start dp in the 2nd half of the game or maybe a little later...and to talk to him a lot in this days befor ethe game.

Dp is the kind of players that simply doesnt work when he is in this state, and like someone said...we can risk the team starting del piero in this moment.

If he recovers mentally until saturday, then he can start or play better.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Hydde said:
I really believe in trhe story.....after all,,,he looked bad IMO in the few mins he played against ghana.... but i dont wanted to judge that because it was nothing to really do something. And not if the midfielders behind him were playing nothing good.

But, if this happened during training......... then things are more serious.... he clearly is not in his best form mentally and one thing is for sure.... if he is in this state....... with pain in my heart, he cant start against USA.

I think Totti will be fit for the game...so if Lippi is wise...he can start dp in the 2nd half of the game or maybe a little later...and to talk to him a lot in this days befor ethe game.

Dp is the kind of players that simply doesnt work when he is in this state, and like someone said...we can risk the team starting del piero in this moment.

If he recovers mentally until saturday, then he can start or play better.

lippi has already stated that totti is a great player and his go to guy. I dont think that if del piero were to play it would be in for totti. I think he will start against the u.s.a and he will replace gilla. Italy played good against ghana and why change your formation now, stick with tott but bring on del with toni because gilla was ok and wasn't at his very best.

i think del piero should play right now, dont let him sit on his mistake (if he did something) get him on the field focusing on one thing. Right now del piero has something to prove and we all no that when he wants to prove something to the world he will play good.

Sep 2, 2004
Stephan said:
start believing then. del piero is also human. there are many things what might cause this:

-not the best season, if considering the playing time and being on the bench
-scandal, everyone is talking about scandal, not sure what will happen to juventus and to dp career.
-feeling that he has lost some form
-pressure, italy needs to do well in world cup, that means also dp needs to do well, something went wrong in the training, we dont know what players might feel, he might be eager to prove to the world that he and italy can do well.
i co sign this post

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't believe some of you guys. If Lippi, Lippi of all people, is getting critical towards Del Piero, SOMETHING isn't right. Surely we can't risk playing Del Piero against the USA. I'm not bashing him as it's not far from a miracle he hasn't gone completely berserk, but giving him a place in the starting line up just doesn't seem right. These are very tough days for Del Piero as he's witnessing his club going down and one can only show understanding for him, but saying he should start isn't right.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Seven said:
I can't believe some of you guys. If Lippi, Lippi of all people, is getting critical towards Del Piero, SOMETHING isn't right. Surely we can't risk playing Del Piero against the USA. I'm not bashing him as it's not far from a miracle he hasn't gone completely berserk, but giving him a place in the starting line up just doesn't seem right. These are very tough days for Del Piero as he's witnessing his club going down and one can only show understanding for him, but saying he should start isn't right.
That's true, if these rumors are even partially correct then it's not right for Lippi to start with DP. However, I wish DP got a chance to prove himself and if he sucks then he can be benched for good. I know it sounds harsh and I hate to see myself say that but it's the truth. Iaquinta scored and Inzaghi is surely getting his chance also so if DP doesn't convince in the training and now against USA as a substitute his WC will be pretty much spent in the bench.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
I'll let the States game decides If he was given chance to play....and you'll see that Dp put these things behind him and can only focus on his game.;)
i dont understand what you mean wit that? decide if his out of form? oh boy rab, i respect you and all, and i know how you love del piero but this is World Cup, as i said already before, this is not some siena match where you can be lucky if you choose players who are not in the best form. In a way i have to agree with seven, indeed, if already lippi sees something is wrong, then something REALLY is wrong. Maybe he finally let his frustration out, what he hold inside of him during the season with juventus, we dont know what was going on with him and capello behind the doors :eyebrows:

And now back to usa game. really italy has 2 games left, important game, italy really must win this game. If del piero is not at his best, then we cant just go with, let him prove. This is VITAL GAME! Italy has other options.

I know it makes you sad and you want to see del piero play as much as possible but its world cup after all, and if del piero has a problem, he might bring the team morale down when italy plays against usa.

Yeah i know, it is unlikely, but we really dont know. one player morale can chanse the whole team morale.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Seven said:
Spot on. Lippi adores Del Piero, this isn't Capello we're talking about. If Lippi, who loves DP, doesn't think he merits a starting place then he doesn't.

Today's news is much better with regards to DP though. In the training match this morning he scored twice.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Stuart said:
Spot on. Lippi adores Del Piero, this isn't Capello we're talking about. If Lippi, who loves DP, doesn't think he merits a starting place then he doesn't.

Today's news is much better with regards to DP though. In the training match this morning he scored twice.
Great to see he's picking himself up.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Stuart said:

Today's news is much better with regards to DP though. In the training match this morning he scored twice
Black: :touched:

---------------

Red: Do you have a link?

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
Bullshit. DP was given 9 minutes (!) against Ghana. So, it's definitely not enough to say whether he's on or off form. As for the training incident, I've already seen a lot worse from other players who then performed well. Remember Figo when he was substituted in the 2004 Euro quarter final agaisnt England? He protested the substitution and went directly under the shower, which means he abandoned the team and refused to support his teammates. That's a lot worse than what DP did, and Figo was deservedly bashed like hell. The following game, who was the superstar? FIGO.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stuart said:

:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)