Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (103 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The trident doesn't bite (sting), but Del Piero scores a great goal against Blanc.
That's from August 2007, when Del Piero and the board couldn't find a mutual agreement for his new contract and Blanc and co. were delaying the contractual talks.
It was during Birra Moretti cup and we beat Napoli 1:0 with Del Piero's goal.

That's what Tuttosport meant by saying that Del Piero scored a great goal to Blanc. I assume that Ranieri tried a trident on that match but it didn't work so the above explains the title : "The trident didn't work, but Del Piero (still) scored a great goal to...Blanc".

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Despite my solid views on the obvious lack of pace and physical strength he brings to the front line, so far this season I have been truly rediscovering my love for DP. As a man, more than solely as a player. He speaks with such humility, and performance wise, he has been easily the most potent of our strikers...but an unfit Iaquinta and Amauri, is not hard to shine against. Quag has done OK, in patches, very well, but this is a brief offer of reverence and gratitude for the unoffical club ambassador...I guess I just feel, that I need to balance out the criticisms of his position in our squad, with some praise and love...

A mate from here sent me an article recently suggesting DP's desire to play with juve until he is 40...hohohooho! Crazy talk in some ways, but at the same time, i would be happy to see him around the club long after he is put out to pasture, as he is a living legend who add allure to Juve, for players we might like to sign.

Truly a gentleman, still has talent and I sincerely hope he can stay fit and in fine form...(although he is as nimble as a stoned sloth, and as weak as a butterfly)

Forza Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)