Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (177 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Come on, Fred, Arshavin's awesome. How can you not like the guy? At times he just does whatever he wants to do on the pitch. I would love to have him at Juventus. He's a bit inconsistent, you're right about that, but come on man.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
See? DP fans can't read here or attempt to actually understand what is said, in their heads it just goes "Danger Will Robinson! Someone dared to insult Delpi! Must regain honor now!".

BTW,

The post I quoted said "We have a world class legend in our team....... Who else can say that?" and to that...opinion (yeah, cause Delpi is the only world class player in the world. Dammit people, do you even read what you write?!) is what I responded to.
The players you quoted, i.e. Messi, blah, blah, blah, and blah are definitely world class but far from being legendary. You need to look at more than just today but look at their respective careers

In my post, I said "World Class Legend" key word being legend. IMO the only club that could make that claim besides Juve is Roma...... and it doesn't really count since ADP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spitti.

And now that I think about it some more, I believe that there are no World Class second strikers who play today and are better than Del Piero.

And that's the bottom line

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Come on, Fred, Arshavin's awesome. How can you not like the guy? At times he just does whatever he wants to do on the pitch. I would love to have him at Juventus. He's a bit inconsistent, you're right about that, but come on man.
At times he's great, but he has appallingly bad concentration levels.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
The players you quoted, i.e. Messi, blah, blah, blah, and blah are definitely world class but far from being legendary. You need to look at more than just today but look at their respective careers

In my post, I said "World Class Legend" key word being legend. IMO the only club that could make that claim besides Juve is Roma...... and it doesn't really count since ADP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spitti.

And now that I think about it some more, I believe that there are no World Class second strikers who play today and are better than Del Piero.

And that's the bottom line
Does your definition of being a legend means being old, slow and almost useless?? If so then your definition is spot on, no other team has a great legend as Del Piero. :p

And don't get me started on Totti, wasted career on a mid to top 4 table club, never performed for the NT and won a grand total of 1 Scudetto. Awesome.

Seriously though, you have tunnel vision. Spread your horizons a little bit, if Del Piero and Totti are the only guys you consider to be legends, it just means you don't watch enough football. Del Piero is a local guy, revered by Juve fans but only by Juve fans, he's never been the best player in the world, not even in the top 10. Totti is a much better player than Del Piero as well, he was just in a lower class team his whole career and never proven in a real top team. A shame really.

BTW, Messi in his club career has already won as much as Del Piero has and received more international accolades such as World Player of the Year and European Footballer of the Year. What about Eto'o? Won everything with Barca and Inter, he won the fucking treble not once, twice! And he still has a career, Del Piero would kill to have that.

Yet they are not legends? LOL.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Does your definition of being a legend means being old, slow and almost useless?? If so then your definition is spot on, no other team has a great legend as Del Piero. :p

And don't get me started on Totti, wasted career on a mid to top 4 table club, never performed for the NT and won a grand total of 1 Scudetto. Awesome.

Seriously though, you have tunnel vision. Spread your horizons a little bit, if Del Piero and Totti are the only guys you consider to be legends, it just means you don't watch enough football. Del Piero is a local guy, revered by Juve fans but only by Juve fans, he's never been the best player in the world, not even in the top 10. Totti is a much better player than Del Piero as well, he was just in a lower class team his whole career and never proven in a real top team. A shame really.

BTW, Messi in his club career has already won as much as Del Piero has and received more international accolades such as World Player of the Year and European Footballer of the Year. What about Eto'o? Won everything with Barca and Inter, he won the fucking treble not once, twice! And he still has a career, Del Piero would kill to have that.

Honours
[edit] Club

Nigeria Iwuanyanwu Nationale

* Nigerian Premier League: 1992–93

Netherlands Ajax

* Eredivisie: 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96
* UEFA Champions League: 1994–95
* UEFA Super Cup: 1995
* Intercontinental Cup: 1995

Italy Internazionale

* UEFA Cup: 1997–98

England Arsenal

* Premier League: 2001–02, 2003–04
* FA Cup: 2001–02, 2002–03
* FA Community Shield: 1999

England Portsmouth

* FA Cup: 2007–08

Country

Nigeria Nigeria

* FIFA U-17 World Cup: 1993
* Olympic Gold Medal: 1996

Individual

* African Footballer of the Year: 1996, 1999
* BBC African Footballer of the Year: 1997, 1999

honours won by Nwankwo Kanu

legend?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Del Piero is not local, guy. Ask any dude int the world who was not born yesturday he will know Del Piero, how can he be local then?

Think of why every comentator knows and praises Del Piero, why almost every arena he travels to praises him, why he got standing ovations in other top clubs arenas. You know why? Because he is a Legend, maybe he is not legend like Zidane for pure football skill, but he is a legend non the less, he is a legend in his own right, for his character, passion, longivety, some crazy skill he had, and a sick technique he still has to this day.

awit

Jan 10, 2010

Messi and Eto'o will most likely become legends later on but in my opinion a legend is someone with a long and succesful career. Also Totti never performed for the NT? I guess 2nd place in Euro 2000 and 1st place in World Cup 2006 while being selected for the All-star team in both tournaments is nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 167)