Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (99 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Alessandro Del Piero proved himself that he is not that type of player..of a man to act like that article wrote.
But this is the elephant in the kitchen. We all want to believe that our beloved captain is a perfect god of a human being. But it's clear this is the one area where he sometimes seems to hurt the team morale more than he helps it.

So I have to disagree with you. While these are just rumors flying around, Del Piero handles being subbed worse than most players in the sport, IMO.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
DP just isn't the same anymore, IMO its time to move on. Sorry to offend anyone but I hope these reports aren't true otherwise I will lose my respect for him as well, its childish. I respect immensely the Old Guard but they are no means above the club, ever. Simple as that, this club gave them a lot in their careers. The torch needs to be passed to Giovinco.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What swag says is not so much out of reality----

I think all of you have witnessed how much DP hates to be subbed or not started.... even when the coach is doing the right decition. I know i know, no one likes to be subbe dor benched, but he is team captain you know... if he doesnt like it, well is just better to keep it for himself....becuase going rampant and sending everyone to hell wills urely not do any good either.

I have seen him throwing his jacket and going crazy all over the place when subbed alot of times....and in most of those cases.... they were just casual subs... nothing out of the ordinary to make him behave like that. In some games he has done not so much and get subbed....and goes berserk anyways. H need s to calm down a little sometimes, as he is the capt.

May 22, 2007
Im afraid I can't believe that story.
DP just isn't the same anymore, IMO its time to move on. Sorry to offend anyone but I hope these reports aren't true otherwise I will lose my respect for him as well, its childish. I respect immensely the Old Guard but they are no means above the club, ever. Simple as that, this club gave them a lot in their careers. The torch needs to be passed to Giovinco.
Not entirely sure what you mean by that last line but why Giovinco?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I side with Alex over Ranieri, that's for sure. If we'd have to choose one of the two there shouldn't be any question over which one.
I don't think there's any question there if we had to make a choice between the two. But that doesn't hide the fact that DP isn't at his captain's best as a leader when he's being subbed out of a game -- no matter who is the coach.

The good thing is that if he goes all Ciro into coaching himself, we won't have to worry about that. Thankfully player-coaches are almost unheard of these days, as Alex wouldn't sub himself out even when he's being completely ineffective in a match.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
But this is the elephant in the kitchen. We all want to believe that our beloved captain is a perfect god of a human being. But it's clear this is the one area where he sometimes seems to hurt the team morale more than he helps it.

So I have to disagree with you. While these are just rumors flying around, Del Piero handles being subbed worse than most players in the sport, IMO.
yes but the article said that today was that meeting....so...we all know with how much charm and calm he replies after these kind of things...so i think that in those 2,3 days, Del Piero calmed himself..so i do not think he can react like that...you are very true when you say that he reacts bad to these kind of situations..when it happens, not after days..

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
What swag says is not so much out of reality----

I think all of you have witnessed how much DP hates to be subbed or not started.... even when the coach is doing the right decition. I know i know, no one likes to be subbe dor benched, but he is team captain you know... if he doesnt like it, well is just better to keep it for himself....becuase going rampant and sending everyone to hell wills urely not do any good either.

I have seen him throwing his jacket and going crazy all over the place when subbed alot of times....and in most of those cases.... they were just casual subs... nothing out of the ordinary to make him behave like that. In some games he has done not so much and get subbed....and goes berserk anyways. H need s to calm down a little sometimes, as he is the capt.
i realy hated his situation when he was subbed by Giovinco.....

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
I side with Alex over Ranieri, that's for sure. If we'd have to choose one of the two there shouldn't be any question over which one.

Hmm, that's really strange.
If Del Piero is pissed off for being substituted then I don't agree with him, but it could be that he just isn't pleased with how Ranieri is managing this team and then it's understandable but still not the right way to handle things. But there is no doubt in my mind that I would choose Del Piero to stay before Ranieri any day of the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)