Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (80 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
DP just isn't the same anymore, IMO its time to move on. Sorry to offend anyone but I hope these reports aren't true otherwise I will lose my respect for him as well, its childish. I respect immensely the Old Guard but they are no means above the club, ever. Simple as that, this club gave them a lot in their careers. The torch needs to be passed to Giovinco.
what do you mean by that ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think there's any question there if we had to make a choice between the two. But that doesn't hide the fact that DP isn't at his captain's best as a leader when he's being subbed out of a game -- no matter who is the coach.

The good thing is that if he goes all Ciro into coaching himself, we won't have to worry about that.
But when Del Piero is subbed, throws his jacket at the bench and looks extremely disgruntled, we don't know what exactly he's angry at. It's just mere speculation that in saying he's angry at the manager, just like claiming he's pissed off at himself for not doing more. We simply aren't sure for each case.

The media loves these stories.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I side with Alex over Ranieri, that's for sure. If we'd have to choose one of the two there shouldn't be any question over which one.

Hmm, that's really strange.

it's not between choosing and it should never be hence why i d lose my respect for him. HOw many times have we argued over Ranieri's lack of balls to sub him earlier in the season but he, claudio, stuck with him through thick and thin. Trust me as i have seen all of Alex' career lived through every up and down and injury and i assume everyone, except maybe bes, are as supportive and esteeming as can be. Still what is obviously right cannot be bent and reshaped to fit idol status description.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But when Del Piero is subbed, throws his jacket at the bench and looks extremely disgruntled, we don't know what exactly he's angry at. It's just mere speculation that in saying he's angry at the manager, just like claiming he's pissed off at himself for not doing more. We simply aren't sure for each case.

The media loves these stories.
But whether it's Lippi, Capello, DD, or Ranieri, the pattern hasn't changed.

I like your idea that he could be mad with himself for not performing his best, and the media picks up on it and makes it out to be interpersonal team drama when it really isn't. It's a possibility and would certainly put DP in the most positive light.

But after what we've seen for the past several years, we'd have to believe that this would be something of an extremely effective media conspiracy to distort the truth. And you know me: I think conspiracy theories are largely wishful paranoid thinking and nobody is that competent to live up to them. :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
it's not between choosing and it should never be hence why i d lose my respect for him. HOw many times have we argued over Ranieri's lack of balls to sub him earlier in the season but he, claudio, stuck with him through thick and thin. Trust me as i have seen all of Alex' career lived through every up and down and injury and i assume everyone, except maybe bes, are as supportive and esteeming as can be. Still what is obviously right cannot be bent and reshaped to fit idol status description.
I just find it strange to lose all respect for a player such as Del Piero when

1) It's a petty ordeal

and

2) We don't really know what's going on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But whether it's Lippi, Capello, DD, or Ranieri, the pattern hasn't changed.

I like your idea that he could be mad with himself for not performing his best, and the media picks up on it and makes it out to be interpersonal team drama when it really isn't. It's a possibility and would certainly put DP in the most positive light.

But after what we've seen for the past several years, we'd have to believe that this would be something of an extremely effective media conspiracy to distort the truth.
But the media itself doesn't always know the truth. La Gazzetta or others certainly do conspire to write articles to sell papers. That's their job.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I just find it strange to lose all respect for a player such as Del Piero when

1) It's a petty ordeal

and

2) We don't really know what's going on.
wellreread what i wrote i said IF indeed he's throwing a hissy fit over being subbed at half time and asking for the manager's head then yes i will lose all respect for one who is uncontestably the Juve icon

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm sure that will keep Ranieri awake at night. :p
Perhaps if all the fans would think the same way it might.

wellreread what i wrote i said IF indeed he's throwing a hissy fit over being subbed at half time and asking for the manager's head then yes i will lose all respect for one who is uncontestably the Juve icon
Even if he is "throwing a hissy fit", you don't know if it's a culmination of problems with the substitution being the last straw.

It's hard to say what's really going on there.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Hey,

Why sentenza?

I've been around. Pretty busy times and cant be bothered really to post anything concrete lately. How have you been?
you are sentenza :D dont pull the houdini too much we need you around here

Perhaps if all the fans would think the same way it might.

Even if he is "throwing a hissy fit", you don't know if it's a culmination of problems with the substitution being the last straw.

It's hard to say what's really going on there.

and this is the worst time for soooooo many reasons, Ranieri has always shown support for his players regardless of their performance if indeed theres a problem theres a huge problem fo both timing and agency here.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Del Piero rumoured to be demanding to be transfer-listed unless Ranieri goes.
I saw this in Gazzetta and this is where this rumour is losing all the credibility.

If Del Piero is angry for being substituted and thus creates a bad atmosphere, then it's Del Piero's fault. If he's angry at Ranieri for the way he leads the team then the directors should start thinking why does Del Piero think that way, why our best and most experienced player disagrees with the way the coach is leading the team, and they should decide what to do about it.

But in both cases there is absolutely no way that Del Piero demanded a transfer out of Juve if Ranieri stays. Or, if he did do that, then he's really stupid. Some may say that it's his way to get rid of the "cancer" Ranieri and they may say that Del Piero is actually doing that for the well being of the team he loves.
But what if the directors accept his transfer request? Where will he go? Milan? Inter? Sampdoria? LA Galaxy? Is he willing to risk so much now when he's in his mid 30's?

Nope, he didn't give such ultimatum to our directors. That's just another BS rumor.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
But this is the elephant in the kitchen. We all want to believe that our beloved captain is a perfect god of a human being. But it's clear this is the one area where he sometimes seems to hurt the team morale more than he helps it.

So I have to disagree with you. While these are just rumors flying around, Del Piero handles being subbed worse than most players in the sport, IMO.
cmon capello stated that del piero was a perfect professional and there was no problem with him during his reign at juve when he didnt field alex all the time
sure alex gets frustrated when he is subbed but thats cos he wants to lead this club at all times

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I saw this in Gazzetta and this is where this rumour is losing all the credibility.

If Del Piero is angry for being substituted and thus creates a bad atmosphere, then it's Del Piero's fault. If he's angry at Ranieri for the way he leads the team then the directors should start thinking why does Del Piero think that way, why our best and most experienced player disagrees with the way the coach is leading the team, and they should decide what to do about it.

But in both cases there is absolutely no way that Del Piero demanded a transfer out of Juve if Ranieri stays. Or, if he did do that, then he's really stupid. Some may say that it's his way to get rid of the "cancer" Ranieri and they may say that Del Piero is actually doing that for the well being of the team he loves.
But what if the directors accept his transfer request? Where will he go? Milan? Inter? Sampdoria? LA Galaxy? Is he willing to risk so much now when he's in his mid 30's?

Nope, he didn't give such ultimatum to our directors. That's just another BS rumor.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)