Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (91 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
While Claudio Ranieri counts the injuries, Alex Del Piero insists Juventus did not deserve their 3-0 defeat at the hands of Hamburg.

“It’s a shame about Dario and Cristian,” said the Coach after both Knezevic and Molinaro were stretchered off in the Emirates Cup.

“I hope I don’t have to lose them for too long. I completely changed the squad today and at the end they were tired. It shows our fitness training is on schedule.”

Knezevic has been diagnosed with a sprained left knee, while Molinaro – who was taken out by a sliding Giorgio Chiellini challenge on Zidan – has bruised his hip.

Hamburg were leading with Paulo Guerrero’s early strike before two stoppage-time goals from Ivica Olic rounded out the scoreline.

“Considering the second half performance, we deserved a draw, especially as Mauro Camoranesi’s goal was not offside,” noted Del Piero.

“It’s a shame about the result and it was far too harsh considering what we saw on the field. This was the first time I played a full 90 minutes this season.”

C4

I hate how Ranieri probably made Ale do the interview instead of himself.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
While Claudio Ranieri counts the injuries, Alex Del Piero insists Juventus did not deserve their 3-0 defeat at the hands of Hamburg.

“It’s a shame about Dario and Cristian,” said the Coach after both Knezevic and Molinaro were stretchered off in the Emirates Cup.

“I hope I don’t have to lose them for too long. I completely changed the squad today and at the end they were tired. It shows our fitness training is on schedule.”

Knezevic has been diagnosed with a sprained left knee, while Molinaro – who was taken out by a sliding Giorgio Chiellini challenge on Zidan – has bruised his hip.

Hamburg were leading with Paulo Guerrero’s early strike before two stoppage-time goals from Ivica Olic rounded out the scoreline.

“Considering the second half performance, we deserved a draw, especially as Mauro Camoranesi’s goal was not offside,” noted Del Piero.

“It’s a shame about the result and it was far too harsh considering what we saw on the field. This was the first time I played a full 90 minutes this season.”

C4

I hate how Ranieri probably made Ale do the interview instead of himself.
Well you cannot deny that in the Juventus FC now noone is superior to Del Piero with the fans. And noone is better spoken than Del Piero in the whole Italian football community.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Ranieri Expects Del Piero Dominance
Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri believes club legend Alessandro Del Piero will be even better this year following last season’s brilliance.
»Comments (12) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Pinturicchio was outstanding last term for his side. He scored 21 goals in Serie A and finished the campaign as Capocannoniere.

The Tinkerman is expecting even greater things from his captain this season and he is delighted with what he has seen so far.

“I am very happy for Alex,” said Ranieri.

“This time last season he wasn’t really effective in terms of preparation and he took a while to find his form.

“However, this year is different. He is training very well and I see him much better already compared to last term.”

The Bianconeri take on English and European Champions, Manchester United, at Old Trafford later this evening.

Del Piero is keen to impress his coach further as he tries to continue his excellent progress.

The Bianconeri will try and entertain Sir Alex Ferguson's men and come away from Old Trafford with a positive result following their Hamburg Shambles.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
i actually thought Alex played a good game against Hambur he had a really good first half but faded out of the game in the second half, he just needs more time to get his fittness back then he will get back on form for the new season, im not worried about how hes playing at all right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)