If U Take Us Cavenaghi, I´ll Kill You Guys!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #121
    Hi, Desireless. I don´t know if u are answering to my last post, but I must tell that Cavenaghi IS NOT similar to Trezeguet. He score the same quantity of goals, yes, but he has more technique, speed and ball control. Like Henry or Shevo maybe... Just pass and dribbling habilities mixed with power.

And for those who understimate the level of our local competitions, or the talent of our local players, u must remember that players as Camoranesi or Trezeguet played here and they didn´t too much. We noticed them when they moved to Europe.

Hugs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by CAVEGOL ] ++

In general, I wanna say to those who don´t believe he is ready for Seria A, that I understand u. But buy it, put him in the bench and just wait... he allways finds his way to the initial formation.
    Putting him on the bench could mess up his career big time. It would be better for him to go on loan and gain Serie A experience. It's crucial that he continues to develope and improve, he won't do that on the Juve bench.

For example, in 2002 coach Ramon Diaz bring Fonseca and Esnaider to replace him, and put him in the bench. So Fernando played 15 or 20 minutes per game, but he allways scored 1 goal or 2. So Fonseca and Esnaider had to go and he took the 9 shirt forever... or until next june. Now he´s sharing the forward attack with Salas.
    Fonseca and Esnaider can't compare to Del Piero, Trezeguet, Miccoli and Di Vaio.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

And for those who understimate the level of our local competitions, or the talent of our local players, u must remember that players as Camoranesi or Trezeguet played here and they didn´t too much. We noticed them when they moved to Europe.

Hugs.
    I don't doubt the talent of the players in South America, not one bit, but you have to realise that making the transition to Europe is very very crucial, and difficult too. Before Camoranesi and Trezeguet joined Juve they spent time at smaller clubs. Camo was at Verona, while Trez enjoyed a stint at Monaco. Moggi only brought them to Turin after they proved themselves with a different European club.

OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #124
    I can understand u, dear Stuart. But the difference between our opinion is that I watch the Copa Libertadores and The Champions league too, my friend. And I know the difference of "pressure" and money and all that, but now than ever you must recognize that the frontiers of great and poor teams are brokening, if u understand me. Think in the Worl Cup (the most important competition, ok?) with Korea, Turkey, Senegal and more. Think in the incredible semifinal of the actual Champions League, think in Monaco, Deportivo and Porto. Think in my hated Boca Juniors beating the unbeatable Milan. Think in Osasuna beating Real Madrid in their own stadium. World is full of examples.

I would like to see Milan or Real Madrid going to Brazil or Colombia to play with Cruzeiro or Deportivo Cali, for example.... The will find some problems, man. Football is not easy in any place, and u must agree with that.

And with all my respect, we are not talking about some venezuelan or ecuatorian player here... Cavenaghi is from Argentina, one of the most strong and competitive squads of the entire world.

And remeber, fellas: i´m not discussing. This is just a reality to make us think as football fans.

Hugs to everybody.

OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #125
    Yes, Stuart. I get your point. And I´m sure that Cave will be great, even starting in a small team. But u must get MY point, and it´s that he IS NOT playing in Rosario Central or Velez, he´s playing in one of the major teams in southamerica and teh world too, with international experience and with a lot of talented players beside... Why he should move to a worse team? If he go there, it must be in a better team, like Juve. That´s precisely why I´m here. Because I dont want him to go to a russian team just because they have the money! It´s ridiculous. I think he has to be with the best players, as Del Piero, to learn a lot more.

Look. 2 years ago we sold Saviola to Barcelona. And u know? The don´t send him to anothe team. The just wait. Now he has more than 50 goals, and u know him. Well, we all here have predicted that. Because u know it.

Sometimes, bad teams or no competitive teammates can damage a great player... remember, he is not Maradona. And there won´t be another.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I can understand u, dear Stuart. But the difference between our opinion is that I watch the Copa Libertadores and The Champions league too, my friend. And I know the difference of "pressure" and money and all that, but now than ever you must recognize that the frontiers of great and poor teams are brokening, if u understand me. Think in the Worl Cup (the most important competition, ok?) with Korea, Turkey, Senegal and more. Think in the incredible semifinal of the actual Champions League, think in Monaco, Deportivo and Porto. Think in my hated Boca Juniors beating the unbeatable Milan. Think in Osasuna beating Real Madrid in their own stadium. World is full of examples.

I would like to see Milan or Real Madrid going to Brazil or Colombia to play with Cruzeiro or Deportivo Cali, for example.... The will find some problems, man. Football is not easy in any place, and u must agree with that.

And with all my respect, we are not talking about some venezuelan or ecuatorian player here... Cavenaghi is from Argentina, one of the most strong and competitive squads of the entire world.

And remeber, fellas: i´m not discussing. This is just a reality to make us think as football fans.

Hugs to everybody.
    I understand and respect what you're saying, but playing in Europe against the likes of Cannavaro, Maldini, Nesta and Samuel is much harder than taking on Rodriguez or Burdisso. Remember Riquelme? He was amazing in Argentina, but has been a flop since moving to Europe.

OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #127
    Sorry, Stuart, I forget this. Sure I know all that about the "transition". it´s too hard. We can notice it here with some players we send... But believe in me: this guy doesn´t need that. Yes, he will need to know the country, the language or the teammates, but no the rest. He is a natural winner, and I never see him failure.

Look, I´ll tell u something funny: here, we hate players as Claudio Lopez and Cruz. We can´t believe they´re making his way there... There are a lot of strikers better like them here. Cavenaghi is just one of them.

P.S: buy him and sell that zalayeta, who is horrible and he played in the Uruguayan league...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I suspect Zalayeta is indeed on his way out, but would you like to see Cavenaghi on the bench, receiving only a few minutes of playing time per game like Zala does? I don't think so, that's why he should be loaned out. At Parma he would gain first team experience, get to know the country, adapt to the Italian game, and then he would return to Juventus the following season, ready to earn a place in the starting line-up and score goals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I have to agree in every word with Cavegol. There are some players tha will find hard his way in europe... but Cavenaghi is simply not of the same breed. He is a winner...and imo he is ready for everything. He have the physic, the tech and the enough experience to learn something new in europe.

About the difference in football... yeah... Europe is superioir to america in every aspect... but with teams like Boca and River...i can assure that just the top teams of europe will be able to beat them... but normal teams in the CL will not be able to cope with BOca or River. They play in america...but their football is very very good. It was showed in the INtercontinental cup. There was not much thet "huge" difference beetween boca and Milan.

As for cave... i woul at max, loan him,... or better to sell zalayeta and use him as the 4,5 striker in the team.
    WE have to at least buy him to secure his services.

In any ways...he will make it to the first eleven sooner or later... talented players like him doesnt opo up like popcorn...and Cavegol has seem the same as me in Cavenaghi

OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #130
    Sorry, Stuart, that Samuel u mentioned played in Boca Jrs, and cavenaghi has played against him... It´s just an example. But tell me,´cause I really dont remember: Did Roma send Samuel to another small team?

P.S.: Riquelme really IS a talented player (and I´m fan of River), and now he´s show in it in Villareal, the UEFA semifinalist. But he is another kind of player, another position that in europe is dissapearing: here is the "enganche o manija". U know. The classic number 10. It needs to have an entire team sorrounding it.

We are talking about a striker, a canionnere, and that´s another matter.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yeap...rikelme is no fluke... ok he has been not escepcional like aimar... but he definitely is a great player.

He just needed some playing time...(because we have to remember that Van gaal never believed in him) and now he is proving his worth at villareal...helping them to reach the semifinals of UEFA cup. Rikelme with some greta p`layers near him..would be much better.

I really didnt mind if he comes to juve...because he is the kind of player who change the pace of the game and can pass and create.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Not them.....:D

These other eastern-european clubs and Boro......

Like he wants to go in Spartak Moscow or something like that...
    Lokomotiv is a very good football club! :D

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    Nestor Sivori is Omar Sivori's son. Nestor is Cavenaghi's agent, and Omar functions, among other things I assume, as a scout for Juventus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)