If U Take Us Cavenaghi, I´ll Kill You Guys!! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Cavegol and others, can you tell some facts about Gonzalo Rodriguez..? It's very likely that Moggi will buy him, Juve has beem in talks with him and his club for a long time now, and at least skysports claim that he will come to Juve...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yeah,he's been touted as a possible prospect by some,and i'd also like to know more about burdisso,seen him play a couple of times on video and he looked awesome.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
yeah,he's been touted as a possible prospect by some,and i'd also like to know more about burdisso,seen him play a couple of times on video and he looked awesome.
very good players budisso, as is rodi, these guys will be very good when they come to europe.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

now the trick is: How do you keep them all happy?! ;)
There will be enough games next year so they could all play a decent amount of games. Anyway, you can put Vieri instead of Cavenaghi with all the rumors of him joining Juve.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
As previously mentioned, I've seen Cav linked to Middlesbrough. Apparently, Boro have asked River to "name their price". :eek:

I've never seen Cav play, but we've all heard such good things about him, that he could well be worth it....so long as he doesn't cost too much.

I think our Salas negotiations can keep the price down, and also help Cav come to us rather than Boro.

Hopefully, the man will be advised well and will not chose a team in the Premiership who, in the future, will probably not perform as well as they have this season.

Besides, I don't like the Premiership at all; find it very annoying that English people insist it is the best in the world. And commentators are very biased too.
For a start, I don't think it's anywhere near the best. And if it is the best.....then it's probably because there are no English players in the teams! Just look at Arsenal and Chelsea.
Haha, how they all suffer in Europe :D

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I don't know how they could afford him, what's the likely fee at this point in time? I don't know who Boro could offload to get him. who knows, maybe they're just going to dig themselves into debt by going for Cav.

As for a potentially world class player going to Boro....that's it, he's mostly potential right now. It's the same with Diego, there are serious links with him and Totenham Hotspur.

It really baffles me, I think South American players must be desparate to play for average teams in england, and have no chance of ever playing top flight european football.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

There will be enough games next year so they could all play a decent amount of games. Anyway, you can put Vieri instead of Cavenaghi with all the rumors of him joining Juve.
That's what Lippi thought at the begining of this year with DP, Miccoli, DV, and Trez all fit.

Too much rotation made it hard for them to keep their form. DV was doing great because he saw a good patch of games while DP was injured, then DP came back and DV lost form. DP was still off form, so we didn't gain anything.

a team needs at least 2 starters to add consistancy. That's why i think it's ideal to Keep Zalayetta and not get someone better than him. Zala keeps his form when he's benched and he doesn't get frustrated.

if we want to add Cavinaghi, we'll have to get rid of Trez or DV... as good as Cavinaghi is ( i watch quite a few River games), i think it's a bad idea. Why:
1. It's too much of a gable to get rid of your top scorer (trez) and get someone who's never played in Europe. he may be great, but he's young. he has to adjust outside the field too. add to this the fact that it's usually hard for any player to adjust to juve in their 1st season (Nedved, Thuram..). So, we wont have a main scorer for months if we sell Trez.

2. The other option is to get rid of Di Vaio. Well, i think it's also a bad idea because DV would handle the bench better than Cavinaghi. Cavinaghi is still very young and keeping him on the bench will disrupt his development. DV is proven to score in Serie A, so when he's benched, we know he has it in him to get back to form.

3. Putting him instead of Zala would be might push DV to #5 attacker, and that's a waste of all the $ juve spent on him.

4. instead of DP: No way.... If not for sentimental reasons, then at least for MArketing reasons.

5. Miccoli: Nope.. he's young, he's getting in form.. terrible idea.

My solution:
Sign him, but loan him to a mid-table serie A team. If DV still doesn't get his shit together, then sell his ass next summer and recall an inform, matured, serie A-ready, Cavinaghi. :cool:

all this almost applies to Gilardino too.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

My solution:
Sign him, but loan him to a mid-table serie A team. If DV still doesn't get his shit together, then sell his ass next summer and recall an inform, matured, serie A-ready, Cavinaghi. :cool:
we have lost so many players due to loans

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, having too many strikers could be a bad thing. I think 4 is enough, as well as a good young striker from the youth team (we have a few). But if Trez leaves, than I hope Gila will take his spot. Gila has scored 21 goals for Parma this season, all beit coming in as a sub for Adriano in the first part, and also spending time on the sidelines injured.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think we have to sell di vaio no matter what now. whether we bring in cavenaghi or even gilardino for that matter, its going to be a gamble as they are young and it could go either way. but having di vaio as their back up or even as the starter isnt good enough. we know he wastes too many chances and he needs to have the team setup around him, which cant happen at a big club like juve.

we are going to lose a world class striker in trezeguet, so we need to replace him with another and add a striker like cavenaghi/gilardino as well for the future.

we cant afford to loan a player like cavenaghi, we dont want to fuk up his career like we have done to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)