If U Take Us Cavenaghi, I´ll Kill You Guys!! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 28, 2002
yeah part of the primavera, but he was, if i rememebr correctly, loaned from reggina...for a seasosn witha n option to buy, he scored a shag load for reggina youth last year, thats why we got him for out youth team.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
yeah part of the primavera, but he was, if i rememebr correctly, loaned from reggina...for a seasosn witha n option to buy, he scored a shag load for reggina youth last year, thats why we got him for out youth team.
that sux

Jul 28, 2002
davide could be, but im patient to see his talents, benjo tho, i hope im wrong and we have completed the signing of benjo, cos he will be class.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
In that case i'm pretty sure we'll buy. If we don't :fero:

Jul 28, 2002
Hey if we loose benjo and he becomes better than most, then i will be seriously pissed off....he could be that all round striker we have missed.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Benjamin is ours. Purely a technical arrangement that 'loan'. Like is the case with Appiah.

Much too frail to make the grade yet though. Chiumiento, Boudiansky, Konko and Palladino are closer I think.

Jul 28, 2002
if i was lippi i would start putting the youngster on the bench and bringing them on during the game...cant do us any harm really, itll be a struggle to get second.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
the more the merier
Don't know if I was right in detecting a whiff of irony there ;) - but I fully agree with your "there's been many next DP's."

The names I mentioned are merely those I think are the closer to be reasdy for the senior level. None of them are feasible for Juventus yet.
Messina is doing well in serieB with 4 Juve owned Primavera youngsters of 3-4 years ago in the side.. they're now 22-23 years old. Gasbarroni who might be the biggest prospect we've unearthed in latter years have been to Crotone, Sampdoria and Palermo since the Primavera days. It'll propably take time for all the Orimavera prospects to be ready.

Like Moggi said Guzman was the most talented teen in the world when we bought him... and he's now getting bits and pieces in serieB (well.. he's a starter now)... and Olivera after him was supposedly better then Diego and Kaka.... Olivera obviously busy NOT playing with Atletico Madrid, while Kaka is setting Milan a-light, and Diego, despite his ppor season, is among the hottest properties in Brazil. Primavera is Primavera.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah I agree with that. To be perfectly honest, I have no idea who would be the right replacent for Trez if he leaves. Ibrahimovic seems to be a good fit, he has all the necessary skill to take the place of David. I am not too sure about Cavegol though, I am not sure if he will make that Serie A adjustment. Gilardino is a great young striker, but I think he is too young at the moment, so he would be a backup next year. Drogba is great and all, but IMO not a Trezeguet.

OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #118
    I´m back. At, first, I wanna apologize for my english, guys... I know I made a mistake in the thread´s title... but Andrea, I know u understand it. So take it easy man, I´m from Argentina, and this is not a linguistic forum.

In second place, I want to answer Fabiana´s question about Cavenaghi´s nickname.

Press and people call him "TORITO", that means "little bull", because of his incredible strength and power at his 20 years old, and also because of his physique: he´s 1,80 m and 78 kg. It´s very strong and quick, and it´s a real problem to all defenders... That´s a big reason why I think he´s ready to jump to the european soccer. Years ago, when Juve first wanted him, maybe he wasn´t ready in that aspect, but in all these years he has became stronger and powerfull.
    An important fact: in all this 4 or 5 championships I saw him, he has been injuried only 2 times, but in 2 or 3 weeks he´s in his perfect form again.
    And believe me, the defenders hit him like anybody else.

In general, I wanna say to those who don´t believe he is ready for Seria A, that I understand u. But buy it, put him in the bench and just wait... he allways finds his way to the initial formation.

For example, in 2002 coach Ramon Diaz bring Fonseca and Esnaider to replace him, and put him in the bench. So Fernando played 15 or 20 minutes per game, but he allways scored 1 goal or 2. So Fonseca and Esnaider had to go and he took the 9 shirt forever... or until next june. Now he´s sharing the forward attack with Salas.

Bye, people! And thanks for asking.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
    But in the first place, do we really need to find another replacement for Trez? I mean a player almost similar to Trez. This is something that I really envy from Milan, they always change their striker, and that brings impact on new style of game to the att strategy. Imho, getting a new strong striker would be nice for sure, but I don't really see that we need tp find a player who has the same attribute as Trez. If Trez is really leaving to Barca, I would love to see Quaresma to be in Juve.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by CAVEGOL ] ++
    Ok, Stuart. So buy him when he costs the double! If u don´t buy it, he will move to Barcelona, Milan or Manchester anyway. And he will show his "experience"...

I just wanna ask u, no discuss... ¿why u think that players only have "experience" in Europe? We have a hard league here! Even stronger than Portugal, France or Netherlands... Why u think we sport so much players every year?

Look: I think that if del piero comes to play here, he will find some troubles, of course... but I will buy him anyway! Because is talented, and the talent can be shown everywhere...
    You misunderstood me. What I said is that Cave is too inexperienced to REPLACE Trezeguet NOW. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be bought, but that he shouldn't have to deal with the pressure of leading the Juve front line. Believe me, I'm all for Cavenaghi. He's an extremely talented player and a natural goalscorer, there's no doubt about that, but I maintain that he is not ready for Juve yet, that's why I would sign him and either loan him to a team like Parma or Lecce, or, let him stay at River for one more year.

Finally: Cavenaghi has 67 goals in 109 matches in River Plate, 8 goals in 6 matches in the Sub-20 National Team and another 10 or 12 in the same number of games in the Sub 23... What experience are u talking about?

Hugs.
    When I say experience I mean experience in Europe. Playing with River Plate in the Copa Libertadores is alot different to playing with Juve in the Champions League. He doesn't have the European experience that Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Alberto Gilardino and Didier Drogba do, that's why I would loan him to Parma first, seeing as the Tardini side will certainly be involved in European action next term, whether it be via the CL or the Uefa Cup. Get my point?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)