If U Take Us Cavenaghi, I´ll Kill You Guys!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Salas as improved a lot since the last time we saw him playing with Juve. The argentinian press...even say that he is becoming the old salas...and i have to agree with that.

He recovered his goal instinct in the area...and he do very good assistances to cavenaghi and gallardo (who seems to be his best friend in the team...as thay always celebrate the goals together.... ion one ocation...gallardo was benched and salas went just to him to celebrate).

In summary...salas has recovered a lot of what he lost in juve...he now feels to be playing in home, without the pressure of Juventus, and that helped him to regain his confidence.
this is great news. I'm so happy for him. I always wonder how he is doing with River.
btw, who is this Gallardo you mentioned?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++

this is great news. I'm so happy for him. I always wonder how he is doing with River.
btw, who is this Gallardo you mentioned?
welll but at the beggining...it was not the same....

when gallardo and salas arrived to river... both gained injuries right away.Salas one was not so serious.... he returend at played some games... but in the game everyone was expecting him to help river.. (the final of the nissan cup against cienciano) he picked up anotrher injury and left him out of the season.

But hsi season...with a new coah (estrada) and with gallardo back...he is doing very well.

OP

CAVEGOL

Apr 15, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    Hi, Fabiana. Cavenaghi is not in the senior Argentina squad yet, but he will be soon. He has played for the sub-20 in the Southamerican tournament, which was won by Argentina, and he was the top scorer with 8 goals in 6 matches. Then, he represented that squad in the world cup, and Argentina was fourth, with anothe 5 or 6 goals of Fernando. Now it´s his time for the Major squad, but our coach dont use to put such young players in the initial formation. In his order of priorities as center forward it comes Crespo, then Saviola, and then Cavenaghi or Tevez. Another great great player, but for me with less experience than Cave.

Cheers.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Marcello Gallardo.............ex-playmaker of Monaco. One of the most talented players Ive ever seen..........until he was ****ed-up by Deschamps
    Very true... he really had bad luck with deschamps ..

But now...he is doing wonders in River...this guy is amasing----he isplaying like in his younger years at river.

River plate did a hell of a deal in bringing him back...because he is a hell of a playmaker.

Definitely he is the Brain behind river plate. A Really Agile playmaker if u ask me.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Ok, another question kinda off topic

Why do they call him el torito?
    welll... Gallardo is called "el muñeco"... i dont know if cave has a nick.

well it looks like DD was right.
    It seems.... but believe me...he is very very good in creating plays and passing. Plus he have great dribbling.

I think it was prolly cause Gallardo wanted to be a star and Deschamps only wants team players. Just a theory thou.
    Thsi could be a theory. Right after the returned to river... (some months ago...he came injured form europe).... the guys of FOX askd him about it... and he said a lot of bla bla bla but nothing concise..... just the fact that he was not really comfort in there. But he didnt said exactly why.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I know even after he recovered from injury, Deschamps used him sparingly and I think it was Giuly who played ahead of him all the time. Even though Gallardo had been a star at Monaco the 2-3 years before that, comparable to Ronaldinho at PSG. But Deschamps was right and he wasn't the first to put the team ahead of the star player(s). Aimé Jacquet dropped Cantona and Ginola (the country's two biggest stars at the time) and his team won the World Cup..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I know even after he recovered from injury, Deschamps used him sparingly and I think it was Giuly who played ahead of him all the time. Even though Gallardo had been a star at Monaco the 2-3 years before that, comparable to Ronaldinho at PSG. But Deschamps was right and he wasn't the first to put the team ahead of the star player(s). Aimé Jacquet dropped Cantona and Ginola (the country's two biggest stars at the time) and his team won the World Cup..
    well..we are talking about Giuly :cool:... but u know that both are very very similar?,,,, both are little, both dribble a lot, both pass, both CREATE a lot of troubles in the enemy area, decent shoot.

Maybe deschamps simply went for Giuly because he was french.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Maybe deschamps simply went for Giuly because he was french.
    :D

Brave theory you got there ;)

Well the way things have turned out I can't say I'm sorry that Gallardo left, Monaco has grown so much since 2 years ago. It's not just Giuly, far from it. The whole team functions as a unit and very well too. It's a joy to watch. vs Real I was most impressed by Evra. He handled his business exceedingly well, playing mostly on the wing as Rothen covered for him. Lizarazu is about to retire, Evra will get his chance on the big stage.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

:D

Brave theory you got there ;)

Well the way things have turned out I can't say I'm sorry that Gallardo left, Monaco has grown so much since 2 years ago. It's not just Giuly, far from it. The whole team functions as a unit and very well too. It's a joy to watch. vs Real I was most impressed by Evra. He handled his business exceedingly well, playing mostly on the wing as Rothen covered for him. Lizarazu is about to retire, Evra will get his chance on the big stage.
    I know.. it is not becaus of Giuly.... i mean it have nothing wrong if he chose giuly :) It is normal.

But Deschamps did a good job... He takes the credits form this. Maybe he is not that newbie after all ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)