"I support Muslims who love freedom" (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
FEMEN, is anyone taking those seriously ?

Men are like "look, its free titties, and a bunch of bimbo's were not fucking ever listening to. Get the whip".

Woman are like "oh for fucks sake, why do you have to run around naked ? We arent going to get respect like this and its making everything worse"

I agree with both

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
RUS and the like.

What you fail to realise is that it's not religion, atheism, ideology, or anything as such that is inherently evil, it's the way people use these things to create injustice and oppression. People could use any sort of idea or belief (doesn't have to be a religious belief at all), gain support, enough support to mobilise masses to oppress others in the name of their idea or belief.

It's people who are prone to be corrupt and misuse, not the religions, ideas, atheisms, or ideologies.

When it comes to religion in particular, if you read the orthodox viewpoint of any of the major world religions, it's all about compassion, preferring others to yourself, disciplining yourself to keep your desires in check, helping the sick and needy, giving in charity, so on and so forth. And if you read about the lives of the major names in these religions, you will realise that they were real life living examples of these ideals. If there is something wrong with these ideals, which all major world religions share, then there's something wrong with the person making the false claims against religion.

Progress in science and technology does nothing for the suffering and starving child in sub-saharan africa. Science and technology is not some sort of Messiah for the child who simply needs a drink of water. S&T can help, but it's not the be all, end all, in human progress. The very fact that a child is in this situation goes back partly to the fact that people from other parts of the world do not have enough compassion to not completely consume his resources so they can continue in their high quality and luxurious lifestyle. These people are following a materialistic and consumerist lifestyle which is based on an ideology that materials can make you happy, and they will continue to consume and consume, looking for contentment. And this is where religion comes in to play, something that the modern consumerist world cannot stand to see, as it threats their bottom line in these richer nations.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
RUS and the like.

What you fail to realise is that it's not religion, atheism, ideology, or anything as such that is inherently evil, it's the way people use these things to create injustice and oppression. People could use any sort of idea or belief (doesn't have to be a religious belief at all), gain support, enough support to mobilise masses to oppress others in the name of their idea or belief.

It's people who are prone to be corrupt and misuse, not the religions, ideas, atheisms, or ideologies.

When it comes to religion in particular, if you read the orthodox viewpoint of any of the major world religions, it's all about compassion, preferring others to yourself, disciplining yourself to keep your desires in check, helping the sick and needy, giving in charity, so on and so forth. And if you read about the lives of the major names in these religions, you will realise that they were real life living examples of these ideals. If there is something wrong with these ideals, which all major world religions share, then there's something wrong with the person making the false claims against religion.

Progress in science and technology does nothing for the suffering and starving child in sub-saharan africa. Science and technology is not some sort of Messiah for the child who simply needs a drink of water. S&T can help, but it's not the be all, end all, in human progress. The very fact that a child is in this situation goes back partly to the fact that people from other parts of the world do not have enough compassion to not completely consume his resources so they can continue in their high quality and luxurious lifestyle. These people are following a materialistic and consumerist lifestyle which is based on an ideology that materials can make you happy, and they will continue to consume and consume, looking for contentment. And this is where religion comes in to play, something that the modern consumerist world cannot stand to see, as it threats their bottom line in these richer nations.

Yeah, totally agreed.

People in the phillipines able to drink polluted water trough a straw thanks to new membrane technology ? Did nothing.

Food technology improving in every way, enabling better food packages to be send around that dont turn bad despite poor/warm/humid conditions ? Nah

Vaccination and all kind of medical improvement ? doesnt matter surely

Stick to, people can draw strenght from believing in something supernatural, and leave it at that.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, totally agreed.

People in the phillipines able to drink polluted water trough a straw thanks to new membrane technology ? Did nothing.

Food technology improving in every way, enabling better food packages to be send around that dont turn bad despite poor/warm/humid conditions ? Nah

Vaccination and all kind of medical improvement ? doesnt matter surely

Stick to, people can draw strenght from believing in something supernatural, and leave it at that.
That's some of the worst selective reading I've ever seen.

You really think that some company that creates water cleansing technology will give it for free to communities that need it the most but can't afford it? Invariable the inventors want to be millionaires, not philanthropists.

If you read properly I clearly said "S&T can help" but it's not the be all end all. S&T is not something you can pick off a shelf, especially in a poor part of the world. It's the ideas behind S&T and making money from it that limit it from reaching the people who need it the most. Creating compassion for others in peoples hearts is something religion is known for, which is why in such cases, S&T and Religion would go hand in hand with helping those in need.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
RUS and the like.

I respect your mind.

Apr 15, 2006

You really think that some company that creates water cleansing technology will give it for free to communities that need it the most but can't afford it? Invariable the inventors want to be millionaires, not philanthropists.

If you read properly I clearly said "S&T can help" but it's not the be all end all. S&T is not something you can pick off a shelf, especially in a poor part of the world. It's the ideas behind S&T and making money from it that limit it from reaching the people who need it the most. Creating compassion for others in peoples hearts is something religion is known for, which is why in such cases, S&T and Religion would go hand in hand with helping those in need.
So when it comes to compassion, religion "creates" it; but when it comes to hatred, it's just people "using" religion? :lol:

Get outta here!

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
RUS and the like.

The greatest Bill and Melinda Gates are donated billions of dollars to help Africa and other poor regions to destroy poorness, to improve education there, to reduce mortality because of HIV and other diseases and they are doing well, look at the numbers on the website of their foundation, and there are a lot of other examples when rich people and people of science are doing the huge work to help to poor people but they are not announcing it. Rockefeller's foundation, Make It Right Foundation by Brad Pitt, Not On Our watch by Clooney and his partners against any kind of atrocities against innocent people, the water.org foundation by Matt Damon, they are supplying clean water to countries in Africa and Asia and so on, and yet you telling me that they are doing nothing?! seriously?! On which planet you are living on?

On the other hand i have religion - donate us money, we will pray for ya :rofl:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
So when it comes to compassion, religion "creates" it; but when it comes to hatred, it's just people "using" religion? :lol:

Get outta here!
no you, linebreak made very good points and that's the best you can come up with because it shows religion in a good light which just can't be true right? :andyandbarcelona:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4383416 said:
The greatest Bill and Melinda Gates are donated billions of dollars to help Africa and other poor regions to destroy poorness, to improve education there, to reduce mortality because of HIV and other diseases and they are doing well, look at the numbers on the website of their foundation, and there are a lot of other examples when rich people and people of science are doing the huge work to help to poor people but they are not announcing it. Rockefeller's foundation, Make It Right Foundation by Brad Pitt, Not On Our watch by Clooney and his partners against any kind of atrocities against innocent people, the water.org foundation by Matt Damon, they are supplying clean water to countries in Africa and Asia and so on, and yet you telling me that they are doing nothing?! seriously?! On which planet you are living on?

On the other hand i have religion - donate us money, we will pray for ya :rofl:
Who said it's only religious people that help and donate?

All that was said is religions always promote being kind to others, putting others before yourself. ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Academic research in many universities, is goverment funded, or by a cluster of companies. Its a very sginificant part of all research. Companies, partially do their own research, but mostly try to see if these academic theories are industrially plausible

My girl for example, works in a department of the university of antwerp, where they do research, doctorates and postdocs about alzheimer.

Dont forget, the very few good charity organisations aside from food, also bring medical supplies to disaster zones/problematic regions

Apr 15, 2006
Oh look who it is :)

Read previous posts - people misuse ideas, including religion, to create hatred. Hatred is not the base of any orthodox religion however.
My point is that your position is completely biased. People could quite possibly use religion as a means through which they exercise their innate compassion, while religion could genuinely sow the seeds of hatred for homosexuals, unbelievers, apostates, etc. Hatred is certainly not the basis of any religion; that's fear. But hatred is an awful byproduct. It's a result of a god who condemns certain behaviour, i.e. sin.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Who said it's only religious people that help and donate?

All that was said is religions always promote being kind to others, putting others before yourself. ;)
Holy mother of jesus christ:

Bible:
Exodus 32:26-28
So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.
Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’”
The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

Exodus 12:29
At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well.

Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

Leviticus 20:13 NAB
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

Quran:
9:29
Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

5:33-34
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Ye religion is teaching you how to love people :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Academic research in many universities, is goverment funded, or by a cluster of companies. Its a very sginificant part of all research. Companies, partially do their own research, but mostly try to see if these academic theories are industrially plausible

My girl for example, works in a department of the university of antwerp, where they do research, doctorates and postdocs about alzheimer.

Dont forget, the very few good charity organisations aside from food, also bring medical supplies to disaster zones/problematic regions
Just imagine if people will send money not to vatican but to the research organization's....we will win the war against cancer, alzheimer, HIV and some other horrible diseases in 10 years

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
My point is that your position is completely biased. People could quite possibly use religion as a means through which they exercise their innate compassion, while religion could genuinely sow the seeds of hatred for homosexuals, unbelievers, apostates, etc. Hatred is certainly not the basis of any religion; that's fear. But hatred is an awful byproduct. It's a result of a god who condemns certain behaviour, i.e. sin.
First of all that's complete nonsense. I am against sex outside wedlock, for example, but I have no hatred for people who commit it, some of whom are my friends. I am against the act, not the people.

Secondly, are you calling for having no laws, as laws may create hatred amongst people?

Apr 15, 2006
Leviticus 20:13 (NIV)
13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Your argument is invalid.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4383455 said:
Holy mother of jesus christ:

Bible:
Exodus 32:26-28
So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.
Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’”
The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.

Exodus 12:29
At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well.

Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

Leviticus 20:13 NAB
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

Quran:
9:29
Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

5:33-34
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Ye religion is teaching you how to love people :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Just imagine if people will send money not to vatican but to the research organization's....we will win the war against cancer, alzheimer, HIV and some other horrible diseases in 10 years
No point in responding to your out of context gibberish.

Religion is here to stay, you and Sheik need to learn to live with it, instead of spreading hatred towards it.

- - - Updated - - -

Leviticus 20:13 (NIV)
13 “'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Your argument is invalid.
What you quote again is pointless.

Your whole view on life and religion is invalid, but we'll agree to disagree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)