"I support Muslims who love freedom" (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
nobody called anything oppressive on here though
No, I mean this friend of Alens has been 'brainwashed' into a Christian who only reads the Bible and will never read the Qur'an because he believes it's an evil religion. A lot of people here will never read he Qur'an because they also believe that it is an evil and oppressive religion. Only difference being that they weren't brainwashed by a church to think so.

Jun 13, 2007
No, I mean this friend of Alens has been 'brainwashed' into a Christian who only reads the Bible and will never read the Qur'an because he believes it's an evil religion. A lot of people here will never read he Qur'an because they also believe that it is an evil and oppressive religion. Only difference being that they weren't brainwashed by a church to think so.
Doesn't that argument go both ways though?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There are a lot of people who are becoming religious without guidance of someone else. On the other hand brainwashing is more common in anti-religion communities. In fact, atheism or secularism started to become a new religion and their preachers are even more intolerant than religious ones.
Statistics please.

Jun 13, 2007
There have been times I've known more about Christianity than the Christian I met.
Sure, and there were times where I knew more about Islam than the Muslim I met. But surely, saying that one specific religion or belief system brainwashes people is not fair is it? Double standards?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thinking one's religion is better than another is like little girls arguing over their favorite dolls. All of it is nonsense and you'll eventually grow out of it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Sure, and there were times where I knew more about Islam than the Muslim I met. But surely, saying that one specific religion or belief system brainwashes people is not fair is it? Double standards?
lol, you didnt' get my point at all. I was asking Alen what the difference is between this so called brainwashed Christian with this mindset about Islam and anyone else (atheist/agnostic) who feels the same way except they weren't 'brainwashed'.

Jun 13, 2007
lol, you didnt' get my point at all. I was asking Alen what the difference is between this so called brainwashed Christian with this mindset about Islam and anyone else (atheist/agnostic) who feels the same way except they weren't 'brainwashed'.
Ah, I see. In that case, I would say that if you were born an atheist and were taught to despise religions then you would be just as brainwashed as the next Christian. But then again, we're all brainwashed aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)