"I support Muslims who love freedom" (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Certainly it does, although they are not mutually inclusive. Generally if you are eating 'unhealthy' food you have a poor diet and you will die early, that's pretty basic stuff. There are exceptions, people who have smoked 25 a day for their whole life, but this is not common.

I didn't touch on what other aspects such as genes, lifestyle, standard of living and other diet that those people had, just that if pork was bad for you or unhealthy then your health would surely suffer. As these people eat a lot of pork, not restricted amounts as Gamaro suggested, then that is proven to be false.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Certainly it does, although they are not mutually inclusive. Generally if you are eating 'unhealthy' food you have a poor diet and you will die early, that's pretty basic stuff. There are exceptions, people who have smoked 25 a day for their whole life, but this is not common.

I didn't touch on what other aspects such as genes, lifestyle, standard of living and other diet that those people had, just that if pork was bad for you or unhealthy then your health would surely suffer. As these people eat a lot of pork, not restricted amounts as Gamaro suggested, then that is proven to be false.
No way. That's just not true. Gamaro said.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #324
    I eat mostly chicken, but what could I gain from not eating pork ever again? Would I live to be 140? :cool:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I don't have as much free time as i used to, i came here wanting to continue our discussion, but apparently it died away.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    There was no appropriate thread for this so I choose the thread on the top of the page...

There is this guy who went to school with me. Some time in his 2nd year of high school he started taking heroin. He got really addicted, completely lost his mind, went to jail, got rid of the heroin for a year or so and got back to it when his father died. He was in such bad state that we all expected him to die any day. Then some 5 years ago he disappeared and we didn't know where did he go or is he alive.
    He came back 3 months ago.
    I met him this weekend for a beer. It turns out that he was around for the last 5 years (Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia) and he was in some treatment group for drug addicts and alcoholics, who lived and worked isolated from the rest of the world. He's a new man now. Doesn't smoke, didn't even order a beer but juice. But all he talked about was Christianity and the Bible. The man is brain washed. At first I tried opposing his views but after his first answer I realized that it's best to answer with yes and to agree with all the nonsense he was saying.
    And that's fine. They made him a religious fanatic, but at least he's not a drug addict.
    In the middle of his preaching about Christ, the New Testament and him saying how very soon we will all realize that the Bible is the only true book that we will all follow, I asked him about the Quran and the Muslims and how some of them say the same things. His immediate answer was: But nooo, the Quran is teaching people to kill and to be evil.
    So the man is 31 and it's sure that he never read the Quran. I wonder if he came to that conclusion alone or he learned that from the priests and the sisters visiting them in the mountains.

So, they treated him, he's not a drug addict anymore, but he thinks that the Muslims are evil and they want to murder all the Christians. Was that the only way to heal him? What's the final outcome going to be? He might start taking drugs again, but I doubt he'll ever stop thinking that the Muslims are evil.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    There was no appropriate thread for this so I choose the thread on the top of the page...

There is this guy who went to school with me. Some time in his 2nd year of high school he started taking heroin. He got really addicted, completely lost his mind, went to jail, got rid of the heroin for a year or so and got back to it when his father died. He was in such bad state that we all expected him to die any day. Then some 5 years ago he disappeared and we didn't know where did he go or is he alive.
    He came back 3 months ago.
    I met him this weekend for a beer. It turns out that he was around for the last 5 years (Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia) and he was in some treatment group for drug addicts and alcoholics, who lived and worked isolated from the rest of the world. He's a new man now. Doesn't smoke, didn't even order a beer but juice. But all he talked about was Christianity and the Bible. The man is brain washed. At first I tried opposing his views but after his first answer I realized that it's best to answer with yes and to agree with all the nonsense he was saying.
    And that's fine. They made him a religious fanatic, but at least he's not a drug addict.
    In the middle of his preaching about Christ, the New Testament and him saying how very soon we will all realize that the Bible is the only true book that we will all follow, I asked him about the Quran and the Muslims and how some of them say the same things. His immediate answer was: But nooo, the Quran is teaching people to kill and to be evil.
    So the man is 31 and it's sure that he never read the Quran. I wonder if he came to that conclusion alone or he learned that from the priests and the sisters visiting them in the mountains.

So, they treated him, he's not a drug addict anymore, but he thinks that the Muslims are evil and they want to murder all the Christians. Was that the only way to heal him? What's the final outcome going to be? He might start taking drugs again, but I doubt he'll ever stop thinking that the Muslims are evil.
    I completely understand what you want to say Alen.And you are right:agree: ,one should know the thing before speaking out against it.

I think all the members here criticising Islam or any other thing in the world should also be honest and ask themselves this question,Do they really have that solid background about Islam to come here and criticise or they just heared something here and there or were just brainwashed by the media?

Jul 2, 2006
    There are a lot of people who are becoming religious without guidance of someone else. On the other hand brainwashing is more common in anti-religion communities. In fact, atheism or secularism started to become a new religion and their preachers are even more intolerant than religious ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)