"I support Muslims who love freedom" (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #61
    its more of glove slap to the face when you bring as a reference/precursor to a theological discussion a piece written by a racist moron.
    True, but isn't the internet for trolling? Besides, you of all people to make such a criticism.. :D

if your interest is genuine i suggest you take an academic class given by a doctor on the subject.
    Meh, don't care enough to really get into it. Perfectly fine for some fun forum debates, though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    True, but isn't the internet for trolling? Besides, you of all people to make such a criticism.. :D

Meh, don't care enough to really get into it. Perfectly fine for some fun forum debates, though.
    its fun and civil for you and me, but more than not it degenerates into the ugly. The article tried to juggle fatalism, gender equality, and anthropomorphism in other words it's a joke.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Is it also untranslatable? Because in the case of most famous literary works it's still considered a masterpiece even in translation.
    It is translatable in the sense, that you could still get the meaning and essence of what the Koran is trying to say. But it loses its poetic appeal when translated.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #65
    its fun and civil for you and me, but more than not it degenerates into the ugly. The article tried to juggle fatalism, gender equality, and anthropomorphism in other words it's a joke.
    Speaking of trolls, don't you have to admire Wilders tho? I mean what a master troll.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #66
    It is translatable in the sense, that you could still get the meaning and essence of what the Koran is trying to say. But it loses its poetic appeal when translated.
    Is that because Arabic is too distant from indo European languages or something? Is this true for Arabic works in general?

If so you should probably be able to translate it much better in say Hebraic, no?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Speaking of trolls, don't you have to admire Wilders tho? I mean what a master troll.
    He says some rather stupid things, i don't know how anyone can take him seriously.

The part where he says that they should just rename Jordan into Palestine, it would have been funny if it was a joke :lol:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I read books like everyday, for the last several years there's no time at which I'm not currently on some book, usually more than one. In the last 6 months I've read 3500 pages of Italian alone. But let's face it, holy books are not great works of literature.
    Really though, do you want to watch a movie on the subject?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #71
    i admire those who throw people's stupidity in their face and get away with it :D politicians and (most)journalists are pathetic low lifes
    You're so reactionary, dude :D

Btw glad you finally admitted to what your mission is on this forum :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Is that because Arabic is too distant from indo European languages or something? Is this true for Arabic works in general?

If so you should probably be able to translate it much better in say Hebraic, no?
    Possibly.

But i doubt it would still have its poetic appeal whatever the language is its translated into.

It isn't much of a problem though, as what you're looking for is the meaning, which you'd find pretty easily in translated Koran copies.

I was just replying to your comment that it isn't a great work of literature.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #73
    Possibly.

But i doubt it would still have its poetic appeal whatever the language is its translated into.

It isn't much of a problem though, as what you're looking for is the meaning, which you'd find pretty easily in translated Koran copies.

I was just replying to your comment that it isn't a great work of literature.
    I'm not a big fan of poetry in any case.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    You're being vague. Which is the right angle and which is the wrong one?
    Imo if anyone wants to understand what religion (Religion not as an organization, but more as a guide how to live a happy life) is and what it's about he has make judgments more by heart and feelings and not the other way around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)