Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Great, I try to give myself a warning:

vBulletin Message

swag, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can ban you for 2 days if you want, swag :p
I may need to focus on work for a while. :D

No, but seriously -- at least flag it as inappropriate. Please.

Just to be clear, when is something a joke?
Can we poke fun at races, religons, beliefs, sexual preferences, mods, creeds of all sorts?

Or only of we are mates?
That's an question with varying answers, however. What offends one person may not offend another, and there's no clear lines on that.

Some Muslims will see the depiction of Mohammed and start bloody riots. Other Muslims will claim that the ban on depictions of Mohammed was a construct of imams later on in history -- not unlike how Catholic priests were allowed to marry until about 1000 A.D. (and some would argue only when dowries, inheritance, land ownership became an issue).

You are essentially asking a rhetorical question.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Just to be clear, when is something a joke?
Can we poke fun at races, religons, beliefs, sexual preferences, mods, creeds of all sorts?

Or only of we are mates?
Something's a joke when it's funny, no matter what is it about. Unfortunately, we all have a different sense of humor.
So, of all those things you mentioned, you can only make fun of the mods.

But only if you're their mate

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I really did something weird to this thread for me though. As an admin who tried to force warn myself on my own post, I now have some bizarre "1 moderated post" icon with some MSN IM-like icon floating around this thread that I've never seen before.

Well, I've certainly learned my lesson...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I really did something weird to this thread for me though. As an admin who tried to force warn myself on my own post, I now have some bizarre "1 moderated post" icon with some MSN IM-like icon floating around this thread that I've never seen before.

Well, I've certainly learned my lesson...
Yeah, the first time i see such an icon.
I only clicked on "unapprove post" and that icon showed up

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, the first time i see such an icon.
I only clicked on "unapprove post" and that icon showed up
I just figured it out.

In the admin interface (not sure about the mod one), there's a "moderate posts" view where posts tagged for moderation (as I just did to myself) can be ignored, approved, or rejected (deleted). Interesting.

Mine was the only post in the queue besides some joke Chxta posted on Julius Cesar from 2002 or somesuch ancient time. ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Have I mentioned my long-time business plan for a product line of unleavened bread I would sell to churches with transubstantiation properties to the Eucharist so convincing that I was going to name the product line, "I Can't Believe It's Not Christ!"?

Yes, I am going to hell... :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
This was my intro post here and i think this is how everyone should do it :

I remember that Vinny went crazy
:frown:
not quite as "classy" as this statement, a few weeks later-

Alen said:
But i do know what does pedophilia means and i think i'll start practising it somewhere in Buffalo, with the children of a certain cop.
:tdown:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Man, I forgot about that. I wrote it days ago... (why now? :confused:)

Apologies to others who may have taken any offense. I'll give myself a card on that one...

Not an excuse, but an explanation. My sense of humor normally declares open season on anything -- and particularly culturally totem ones. Whether that be political, religious, or other totems.

It's my way of challenging perspectives. Some people photograph a Piss Christ or write books that may challenge modern beliefs about historical depictions of Muhammad. I tell jokes. And in my twisted world, my God has a sense of humor.

I understand that others may not see things that way.

In the future, I'll just make sure to make fun of all totems behind backs. :shifty:
so was that an apology, a derision or a point of some sort you are trying to make. it actually does come down to that: what people see in everyday objects. where one may see simple breaches on a sandy dune, another will see the passage of a camel. And quite honestly, the attitude of bes (i did call him out on it) and others in this thread was totally uncalled for. Your God i am sure has as much humor as he has tact and respect for "healthy" difference of perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)