Hup Holland! (3 Viewers)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I didn't. but please! it was only a slip. what did you think? that Holland are gods and can't have a lousy game?

Do you realize what you just said?! Austria??!! what are you on about?

the team that lost 3-0 to Holland and 4-0 to the Czechs. yes, they deserve to qualify :rolleyes:

:LOL:

besides, Holland is your country

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #145
    I am not.

++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    I didn't. but please! it was only a slip. what did you think? that Holland are gods and can't have a lousy game?

Do you realize what you just said?! Austria??!! what are you on about?

the team that lost 3-0 to Holland and 4-0 to the Czechs. yes, they deserve to qualify :rolleyes:

:LOL:

besides, Holland is your country
    It's not the fact that they played like shit, it's the fact that they thought in advance they were going to win this one with double figures. It's the fact that they get paid millions for such miserable displays. It's the fact that they all refuse to put some extra effort in it and take one extra step so the passes reach teammates. All we saw yesterday (and I pity the fans that travelled the 5000km to Moldova) were a bunch of lazy, arrogant millionaires. It shows they lack style, class and realism. I hate that and I hope they learn from this or I really do NOT want them to qualify!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Holland not qualifying would be disastrous imo. They are definetely one of the top quality teams in Europe and I think they're certainly one of the favourites for the tournament.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Oh, it's a disgrace! They are an embarassment to my country this way!!
    skillwise though they are admirable!

though i certainly agree about the general prevalence of arrogance among the players and in the league too sometimes.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #151
    In the league? The Dutch league or the foreign leagues that these players play in?

Fantasista - You only deserve to be at a tournament if you qualify. I seriously do not understand how you can give credit to a team that failed to qualify, based on their reputation or other useless factors...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    I am not.

It's not the fact that they played like shit, it's the fact that they thought in advance they were going to win this one with double figures. It's the fact that they get paid millions for such miserable displays. It's the fact that they all refuse to put some extra effort in it and take one extra step so the passes reach teammates. All we saw yesterday (and I pity the fans that travelled the 5000km to Moldova) were a bunch of lazy, arrogant millionaires. It shows they lack style, class and realism. I hate that and I hope they learn from this or I really do NOT want them to qualify!
    Get over it Erik! they get almost nothing to play in the national team.
    It was a disgrace, ok, but you taking it like it's the end of the world.
    no one will remember this disgrace.

Sep 28, 2002

yeah, holland already missed one tournament. let them play in euro2004. i want italy or england to miss this one.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #154
    All right, perhaps I overreacted. But it was just so disappointing to see a type of match that cost us the WC. We played exactly the same way against the Irish last year and it cost us the qualification. I was just VERY disappointed to find out they apparently haven't learned their lesson... :down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    In the league? The Dutch league or the foreign leagues that these players play in?

Fantasista - You only deserve to be at a tournament if you qualify. I seriously do not understand how you can give credit to a team that failed to qualify, based on their reputation or other useless factors...
    Failed to qualify for what? I'm talking about the upcoming Euro 2004 tournament, not the now gone World Cup Finals.

And imo the real Holland are one of the most exciting teams to watch, and not having them in Portugal a year and a bit from now would be almost unbearable for me.

It was bad enough to have a WC where Germany, Turkey and South Korea were in the first 4, and to have a European Championships with England getting past the quarters would be even worse (no offense meant to any of you Englishmen).

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #158
    Well I won't say I liked this WC but I doubt Holland would have made a difference.

Anyway, I meant to say that they only deserve to be there if they manage to quailfy :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Holland could have definetely made a difference in the far east! I mean, could you imagine Cha Doo Ri or Seol Ki Hyeon going up against Stam? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)