Yes you do...
Nedved - Juve
Rosicky - Dortmund
Galasek - Ajax
Smicer - Liverpool
Koller - Dortmund
Baros - Liverpool
Cech - Rennes

All these players either star or at least play game after game for their club (maybe not Smicer but that's not to say he's not good enough). Polish players in that category:

Dudek - Liverpool
Olisadebe - Panathinaikos (not even a starter all the time)
Hajto & Waldoch - Schalke (last year, maybe. now I don't know)
Kaluzny - Wisla Krakow (not really but at least he shone in the UEFA Cup)

Buy on AliExpress.com

K10

Jul 12, 2002
You call those stars? You think the Czech Republic is a star studded team? :confused:

Nedved and all wasn't a star until recently.

Star studded teams are Brazil, Italy, France, Holland and so on. And the Czech Republic can beat any of their asses when they are ready :D

Martin, from that list, the only two players I consider close to stars are Nedved and Rosicky.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
You call those stars? You think the Czech Republic is a star studded team? :confused:

Nedved and all wasn't a star until recently.

Star studded teams are Brazil, Italy, France, Holland and so on. And the Czech Republic can beat any of their asses when they are ready :D

Martin, from that list, the only two players I consider close to stars are Nedved and Rosicky.
Depends on what your perspective of a star is then but established key player in top European teams seems a little more like it than the Polish squad, hence the Czechs do have a lot of stars in comparison with teams like Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Finland, Belgium etc.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
sorry guys about what i said , but a local TV station said that Nedved suffered a Knee injury in this match . . .

sorry again

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Depends on what your perspective of a star is then but established key player in top European teams seems a little more like it than the Polish squad, hence the Czechs do have a lot of stars in comparison with teams like Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Finland, Belgium etc.
I guess. But the Czechs rocks still!!:D

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #132
    If Holland can beat France? Yes, if we play like we played against Germany.

VAN DER VAART WILL START FOR FIRST TIME

Tonight, against Moldova, Rafael van der Vaart will be in the starting line-up of the Dutch national team for the first time in his career.

Coach Advocaat has declared he made the decision after the last match against the Czechs, "The parnership Kluiver-Van Nistelrooy has been performing far too average or even below that even though I've tried many different systems. Tonight will be their last chance. I've decided to put Van der Vaart behind the duo as a last resort. If this won't work either, Kluivert or Van Nistelrooy will loose a starting place. It's unacceptable that a team with such quality up front scores so little."

The talented youngster was thrilled about his promotion, "I am very happy I have been given this chance. I won't let the coach, my teammates or my country down! This is my favourite position, there will be two of the most lethal strikers in the world in front of me and we'll destroy the opponent!"

Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen but we'll find out tonight, when the Dutch travel to the hyper-modern national stadium of Moldova.

Probable line-up: Waterreus - Ricksen, Stam, De Boer, Zenden - Seedorf, Van Bommel, Davids - Van der Vaart - Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy

Taken from De Spits.
    Translated by Erik.

The match Moldova - The Netherlands will be played on 02 April 2003 at 20.00h CET (19.00h GMT).

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Actually, I talked about Israel.

but it's now HT and 2-1 to France :down:
    we lead 1-0 but Trezeguet scored. Zidane scored in the last second of the first half :( lucky goal

btw, today Holland will beat Moldova easily

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Tonight, against Moldova, Rafael van der Vaart will be in the starting line-up of the Dutch national team for the first time in his career.

Coach Advocaat has declared he made the decision after the last match against the Czechs, "The parnership Kluiver-Van Nistelrooy has been performing far too average or even below that even though I've tried many different systems. Tonight will be their last chance. I've decided to put Van der Vaart behind the duo as a last resort. If this won't work either, Kluivert or Van Nistelrooy will loose a starting place. It's unacceptable that a team with such quality up front scores so little."

The talented youngster was thrilled about his promotion, "I am very happy I have been given this chance. I won't let the coach, my teammates or my country down! This is my favourite position, there will be two of the most lethal strikers in the world in front of me and we'll destroy the opponent!"

Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen but we'll find out tonight, when the Dutch travel to the hyper-modern national stadium of Moldova.

Probable line-up: Waterreus - Ricksen, Stam, De Boer, Zenden - Seedorf, Van Bommel, Davids - Van der Vaart - Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy

Taken from De Spits.
    Translated by Erik

The match Moldova - The Netherlands will be played on 02 April 2003 at 20.00h CET (19.00h GMT).
    WHERE THE HELL IS MAKAAY!?!?!?:(

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #137
    Makaay will probably be a starter now, after last night's pathetic performance ;)

I am now officially hoping that the Czechs and the Austrians qualify - for football's sake...!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Taken from De Spits.
    Translated by Erik.

Zenden is playing Left back!!?! :eek:

First Zambrotta, then Janulowski, and now Zenden!!!!

This is crazy, they should now call the "LB" positon: "other!!"

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #139
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Zenden is playing Left back!!?! :eek:

First Zambrotta, then Janulowski, and now Zenden!!!!

This is crazy, they should now call the "LB" positon: "other!!"
    Zenden started his career a left back and is the kind of player that can play anywhere except in the goal so it's not as big a shock as in theother situations you mentioned :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    really.....i never knew that.

i've always known that he was a midfielder (left, right, middle)
    his realy position was always a mistory as he plays somewhere different everytime i see him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)