how good is Christian Abbiati? (5 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
In our history we have always had italian goalies, VDS was an exception who was also ultimately a failure.

Its tradition, which i believe should be kept.
How we gonna kept tradition if it's already broken??? And sometimes you gonna need to sacrifice some thing if you wanna succeed. Are you willing to continue that "tradition" of Italian gk's in expense of possible bad results. I'm not saying I'm against Italian gk's cuz I'm always for Italians but there is so many better goalkeepes than Amelia and Abbiati. Even I would more like to give a chance to Mirante. Amelia is considered as a great talent but he is already 25 if he is that good he wouldn't be at Livorno...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We must go for the best keeper we can get if Gigi leaves, not just the best Italian keeper. I would go for Frey or Boruc if he leaves.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Abbiati is a good GK but Buffon is 10 times every other GK ever stepped foot on this planet

I really hope Buffon stays but if he decides to leave Abbiati could be a good replacement

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
craig gordon, he just needs time to get used to playing at the highest level in seria A but is def much better than abbiati and he is young and has great talent.

Jul 28, 2002
How we gonna kept tradition if it's already broken??? And sometimes you gonna need to sacrifice some thing if you wanna succeed. Are you willing to continue that "tradition" of Italian gk's in expense of possible bad results. I'm not saying I'm against Italian gk's cuz I'm always for Italians but there is so many better goalkeepes than Amelia and Abbiati. Even I would more like to give a chance to Mirante. Amelia is considered as a great talent but he is already 25 if he is that good he wouldn't be at Livorno...
Im sure others can vouch for my usualy blatant dis regard toward juve having strong italian numbers in the first team. However imho goalkeeping is a different area. A key area in keeping is communication witht the rest of the team. Italians obviously speak italian, thus immediately the communication will be better than that of a keeper who doesnt speak italian as their mother tongue. This has been a problem for many a traveling keeper.

Do not get me wrong here, i want the best keeper for juve, hence i want everything to be thrown at Gigi to keep him, heck make him Vice-captain, he deserves it for sticking with us.

Mirante isnt yet sure to be the future, but he could be and i would prefer to take a risk on him than wasting truck full of money to replace the irreplaceble with inadequate foreign cover.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
craig gordon, he just needs time to get used to playing at the highest level in seria A but is def much better than abbiati and he is young and has great talent.
Juve will go for someone proven if Gigi leaves, not just someone with potential.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Im sure others can vouch for my usualy blatant dis regard toward juve having strong italian numbers in the first team. However imho goalkeeping is a different area. A key area in keeping is communication witht the rest of the team. Italians obviously speak italian, thus immediately the communication will be better than that of a keeper who doesnt speak italian as their mother tongue. This has been a problem for many a traveling keeper.

Do not get me wrong here, i want the best keeper for juve, hence i want everything to be thrown at Gigi to keep him, heck make him Vice-captain, he deserves it for sticking with us.

Mirante isnt yet sure to be the future, but he could be and i would prefer to take a risk on him than wasting truck full of money to replace the irreplaceble with inadequate foreign cover.

You got the point here :agree: And we tottaly agree on thing we both want the best possible solution.

What I'm trying to say is, for example Frey is not Italian but I'm pretty sure he speaks Italian perfect and still is far better than Abbiati and Amelia and we shouldn't sign cuz It's not "tradition" That's my point.

Yet let's hope Gigi will stay or if he leaves board will find the best solution.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
we cant sell gigi buffon not for a hundred million gizallion dollars!!!!!!!!!
with our shitty ass defense we NEED him!!!!!! and in the rare case we get somebody else abbiati is ok in my book so is mirante hell ill play between the sticks and it wont make any difference!!!! WITHOUT GIGI WE ARE SCREWED ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!

:DFORZA GIGI BUFFON

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)