How does it feel like to be a Non-Italian Juventus fan? (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Perhaps, but in general you only fully understand a society if you speak the language. Be that as it may, when it's Juventus we're talking about I suppose it's enough to get the basics. But I don't see why any fan should complain about learning a couple of Italian words.
You can understand the language withou understanding society though.

I agree that, if you really care about the club, it is not a major hardship to learn a few basics of a language.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Durden

May 11, 2006
I'm not saying those fans don't deserve any praise. And hey, I'm not Italian either, so I'm not talking from some sort of elitist point of view. The thing is though, Juventus takes a certain place in Italian society. And I honestly do not think it's that easy to describe who the Agnelli are and what they mean to Italy or what it is that makes Calciopoli possible only in Italy.

Being able to understand Italian makes it a lot easier to understand Italian society. And TBH, if it really is your favourite club, is it that hard to try and learn some words?
I hear you and I have to agree. And yes picking up a little Italian along the way is a good thing for sure, learning new things always is. But I still think Juventus/the management need to do more for the non-Italian supporters from a "service" and a financial point of view.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
As tough as it sounds, you'll never understand what Juve is all about unless you get to know Italy and consequently learn Italian. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.

I'm not saying you can't be a fan, just that you won't understand all aspects.
true, i think you've also missed out the understanding of italian football itself, the politics, the cultural divide, the idealisms and beliefs that drive the fans of calcio mad. being a fan of calcio is not a weekend thing like it is in england, its a lifestyle to most italians something alot of foreign fans probably dont adapt too.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
at least all you maybe can see juve . . .
my drea is to wath a juve game . . . live xD
but i think it will never hapened
i live in el salvador and all a get here is a lot of people talking about barca and madrid
i have to buy my juve shits at 150 Us dollas because of the shipping
i cant get juve channel
i will never go to a juve store
this year i will go to italian clases because i have to watch rai for juve games
its really hard to be a juve fan
but here is this forum a lot of people heped me whit the streams ...last season espn showed all the games but thats because of serie B

i will study harder and harder. . .it the only way to go to italy and wath my beloved juve ...but all that i can say maybe almost sick
but
my girlfriend, my beagles and juventus are the tree more important things in my life
mabe im not italian

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Really interesting thread this, and about a topic that strikes at the hearts of all non-Italian Juventini.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
maybe im not italian and cannot talk italian
but i only support juve
ant juve will allways be the team of my heart =,)

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Not for true fans, no.
Utter Rubbish. So true fans have to learn italian to understand the club and the Italian society that cuts no ice with me.I been with the club since 1981 that almost 26 years of support been throuh the good , bad and the ugly times my support has never waivered , this is what i am talking about if this elitist attiude carries on then Juventuz risk alienating majority of new fans that don't speak italian.English is the universal medium of communication so effort must be made by the club to reach out and not the fans who already devote time and money to juventus cause.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No matter what we do, most of the people in the Curva and most true Italian Juve fans will think people such as myself are not true Juventini. That just goes with the territory. Moreover, every single fan of clubs such as Samp, Udinese, Torino and the like will think people such as myself are mere gloryhunters who shouldn't be fans of Juve at all. Unfortunately, that's what they believe and the evidence they have against us is very telling. Millions of millions of fans all over the world who don't know shit about Italy, don't know anything about the language, don't know anything about Italian traditions or even about their own supposed side support big Italian sides like political parties.

They do have their points, however, if nationality was really at stake here why on earth would we praise people such as John Charles, Zidane, Platini, and the rest of the lot? Just because we're American, French, Angolan, Nigerian, Venezuelan, Belgian, or Korean doesn't mean we don't have a grasp of Italian and their culture. But of course some Ultras will say you're not a real fan and then beat the shit out of you. Again, that's just their belief. While many of the Ultras are indeed true fans, that doesn't necessarily mean they there are intelligent beings.

The best course of action for people such as myself during the quest of becoming a "real fan" is to try to learn the language and become accustomed with the Italian culture. That's the only way to learn the most information about the club and actually become closer to being a part of that supposed elite clan of "true Italian Juventus supporters."

But in all honesty, this whole subject is so subjective. If you have a commanding knowledge regarding the club, follow every match whole-heartedly, spend a high amount of money on Juve entities for your personal income and only consider yourself a fan of this club and this club only, you are indeed a supporter and a good one at that. There are far too many fair-weather fans in football nowadays that all the aforementioned in this paragragh is good to see. Believe me, I know of too many idiot Manure fans here in the States.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
No matter what we do, most of the people in the Curva and most true Italian Juve fans will think people such as myself are not true Juventini. That just goes with the territory. Moreover, every single fan of clubs such as Samp, Udinese, Torino and the like will think people such as myself are mere gloryhunters who shouldn't be fans of Juve at all. Unfortunately, that's what they believe and the evidence they have against us is very telling. Millions of millions of fans all over the world who don't know shit about Italy, don't know anything about the language, don't know anything about Italian traditions or even about their own supposed side support big Italian sides like political parties.

They do have their points, however, if nationality was really at stake here why on earth would we praise people such as John Charles, Zidane, Platini, and the rest of the lot? Just because we're American, French, Angolan, Nigerian, Venezuelan, Belgian, or Korean doesn't mean we don't have a grasp of Italian and their culture. But of course some Ultras will say you're not a real fan and then beat the shit out of you. Again, that's just their belief. While many of the Ultras are indeed true fans, that doesn't necessarily mean they there are intelligent beings.

The best course of action for people such as myself during the quest of becoming a "real fan" is to try to learn the language and become accustomed with the Italian culture. That's the only way to learn the most information about the club and actually become closer to being a part of that supposed elite clan of "true Italian Juventus supporters."

But in all honesty, this whole subject is so subjective. If you have a commanding knowledge regarding the club, follow every match whole-heartedly, spend a high amount of money on Juve entities for your personal income and only consider yourself a fan of this club and this club only, you are indeed a supporter and a good one at that. There are far too many fair-weather fans in football nowadays that all the aforementioned in this paragragh is good to see. Believe me, I know of too many idiot Manure fans here in the States.
i feel it like racism
not italian? "not real juve fan"
its really sad

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i feel it like racism
not italian? "not real juve fan"
its really sad
I'm not sure if it's racism. It's just a matter of experiance for actual Italians. They have come to believe most Juve, Milan and perhaps even Inter supporters are gloryhunters for the way they portray themselves as a whole, especially in regards to attitude and knowledge. I'm sure that fucking cunt Kaiser Franco thinks 99% of us are gloryhunters yet he supports Milan. But you see, many of the hardcore Juve or Milan supporters have family ties in the support, and that is indeed something to be respected. Afterall, "family is everything." No man is created equal and support is not equal either, so the people in the Curva will hate us because were not born Ultras. They have a point, as sad as it is.

But what we have to do is PROVE our support. And that doesn't come from just posting on a goddamn Juventus forum.

May 17, 2007
well ive been a Juve fan since i first got interested in football, and ive been in love ever since, i dont care if the Juve website in english is bad ive learned alot of italian while investigating Juve stuff, i remember when i moved from the US to guatemala it was a 360 change from american football, and baseball to football (soccer) the game that made me fall in love with "italy´s girlfriend" was Juve vs Ajax in the UCL final, ever since there has been one club deeply rooted in my heart and its Juventus, even if im not italian i feel black and white in my heart, ive laughed, celebrated and cryed following Juventus, and ive always been proud to be a Juve supporter, its just a feeling that cant be matched, so i think it doesnt matter if one is italian or from anywhere else as long as u love the team, its good.

May 17, 2007
I'm not sure if it's racism. It's just a matter of experiance for actual Italians. They have come to believe most Juve, Milan and perhaps even Inter supporters are gloryhunters for the way they portray themselves as a whole, especially in regards to attitude and knowledge. I'm sure that fucking cunt Kaiser Franco thinks 99% of us are gloryhunters yet he supports Milan. But you see, many of the hardcore Juve or Milan supporters have family ties in the support, and that is indeed something to be respected. Afterall, "family is everything." No man is created equal and support is not equal either, so the people in the Curva will hate us because were not born Ultras. They have a point, as sad as it is.

But what we have to do is PROVE our support. And that doesn't come from just posting on a goddamn Juventus forum.
well the curva people or even italian fans might think that they are more fans than Us, but have u seen attendance has dropped dramatically in italy, most italians have given their backs to the teams they supposedly "LOVE" as for us Juventini abroad, we would kill to go watch our beloved Juve, every time i would watch Juve play with few people in the crowd i would get pissed, because those italians who say they are real fans dont apreciate the team all they have to do is take a bus or a train down their and support the team, as for me im gonna have to work my ass off for along time so i can buy an airplane ticket and go see Juve for at least once in my life, as for them they take the team for granted, so i wouldnt even dare say they are more fans than us who arent italian.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
I dont think anyone has mentioned the fact they charge 60 euro for the shipping of a 1 oz shirt...which in reality costs about 15.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well the curva people or even italian fans might think that they are more fans than Us, but have u seen attendance has dropped dramatically in italy, most italians have given their backs to the teams they supposedly "LOVE" as for us Juventini abroad, we would kill to go watch our beloved Juve, every time i would watch Juve play with few people in the crowd i would get pissed, because those italians who say they are real fans dont apreciate the team all they have to do is take a bus or a train down their and support the team, as for me im gonna have to work my ass off for along time so i can buy an airplane ticket and go see Juve for at least once in my life, as for them they take the team for granted, so i wouldnt even dare say they are more fans than us who arent italian.
While that is indeed true, you won't be able to win over the most hardcore fans there because they have family that has fought for Juve before. It's hypocritical I know, but this is what you have to deal with being a fan of such a club. If a member of the Drughi saw me and asked me something in Italian I didnt understand, they would beat the shit out of me. They are total thugs, hardcore Juve supporters who aren't very well educated, but I do respect them. If it wasn't for them, we would not have as much presence in the Curva as we do now.

We might spend more money than them, but they are there for every match, and that is indeed fruitfall evidence against us because we aren't at the stadio. Unfortunately, that's just how the perception is and we won't be able to change that. Like I said before, it just comes with the territory.

But look at members such as Padovano. He won a trivia contest on this forum like it was nothing, and seriously, he owned everybody and got everything basically right. And the person who made the exam is a season ticket holder, for decades, and has a place in Torino. If anybody in Drughi or Viking is going to say Pado is not a real Juve fan, they should be killed. Many people over there don't understand the fanbase across the seas, but unfortunately they are considerd the only true fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)